BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 7:51:48 PM EDT
www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/2857498

Oct. 20, 2004, 11:45AM

Couple slain at home, but children unharmed
By S.K. BARDWELL
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

A man and woman were shot to death by armed intruders in their northwest Harris County home overnight, Harris County Sheriff's Department detectives said.

Neighbors called officers to the home in the 8900 block of Fairbloom about 11:30 p.m. after hearing gunfire. Inside, deputies found the body of the woman in the living room and the man in a bedroom. The victims, both 32, had been shot to death.

The woman's children, a 13-year-old girl and a 6-year-old boy, were in the house but unhurt, detectives said. They said the attackers apparently entered the house through a back patio door.

Nothing appeared to have been taken from the home, and detectives said the motive for the shootings was unclear. Witnesses told detectives two men were seen running eastbound on Fairbloom shortly after the gunfire was heard.

And another gun-related news story in Houston:

www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/2857266

Shooting at bus stop

Oct. 20, 2004, 12:40AM

Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

A man was killed Tuesday night during a possible drive-by shooting at a northwest Houston bus stop, police said.

Witnesses told investigators someone in a white Ford Explorer shot the man, whose identity was not released late Tuesday, about 8 p.m. at the bus stop in the 17000 block of Imperial Valley.

Police said another man, who apparently was with the victim at the time of the shooting, ran after the fleeing vehicle and may have shot at it in retaliation.  

The motive for the shooting remained unknown late Tuesday. Police said the other man did not return to the scene and had not been questioned by investigators.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Houston police homicide division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the worst things I hear when talking about home defense is "oh, it would never happen to me, I live in a nice neighborhood".
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:47:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
One of the worst things I hear when talking about home defense is "oh, it would never happen to me, I live in a nice neighborhood".

Yup. In fact, a woman who said that very thing around here was just attacked by a knife wielding robber. She is lucky to be alive.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:00:35 AM EDT
[#4]
So what's your point?

I'm not sure what you mean by "Home Defense" but i wouldn't think the busstop would be applicable.  Also it  is not clear that any firearms would have helped the couple in their home, although a hardened back door might have helped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top