Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 6:23:35 PM EDT
past couple months I've been to my dr for a few vists (routine checkup stuff)

I met one of the girls there, we joke and get along great and have a few things in common.

I really like her, but haven't persued anything due to my being a bit leary of professional ethics on her part ((potential, uncomfirmed)..don't date patients)

monday I got a post card from her, asking how things were and she also noted that I'll be in for another appointment at the end of the month, where they all dress up for halloween and it should be fun and she'll see me then.

The only corespondance I've received before (from the office) was a computer generated appointment notification. This one is hand written and directed to me, from her.   eta: I did get the computer card for this up coming appointment. the wording she used didn't really sound like a 'reminder'.  

now, do I "read into" this or what?  I find myself attracted to her for who she is, not what she looks like (but she's A-Ok in my book) she seems to be a pretty decent person.

I picked up a card to reply, but before I send it tomorrow, I'll get some other viewpoints from y'all.

thanks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you a cancer patient or otherwise sickly?

If not, I would say it's highly unusual to get any sort of personal correspondance from the staff.  And I've been to lots of doctor's offices and don't have an ugly mug.  Me thinks she is interested in you.

In any event, only one way to find out.  Worse case scenario is she REALLY doesn't like you and injects you with HIV tainted needles next time you go to give blood.  Sorry, went off on tangent there.

Think of it this way: she may be the person you are supposed to spend the rest of your life with.  Don't pass up your opportunity to find out out of misplaced concern over a temporarily uncomfortable situation.

Then again, maybe she's a raving lunatic and you should run away as fast as you can.

You never know about these things.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Just ask her.  What's so hard about that?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Call the office and ask to speak to her, tell her thanks for the card and ask her if she would like to go out sometime. Then she would have to say yes or no.

Other option is: send her some flowers at work. put your name and number on the card. Or you can just leave your number on there and say it is from an admirer. That way if she wants to find out who sent her the flowers, she will call you.

Women love shit like that. Have a good day.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a professional and courteous appointment reminder with a hint of "take me big boy".
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
nope, just some routine stuff, I'm 100% deployable (.mil)

I too find this kind of corespondance unusual!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I need pics of her to be sure...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
You only live once my friend
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
nope, just some routine stuff, I'm 100% deployable (.mil)

I too find this kind of corespondance unusual!

just ask.

Team America is playing at a theater near you.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm sorry if this sounds "abrasive" but you don't have a hair on your ass if you don't ask her out.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Invert the premise.

If she was repulsed by you, would she go out of her way to hand-write that card, or mention that party/etc.? No way.

Does she do that for all the patients? Unlikely.

It's a green light. Ball's in your court.

"Prepare for your attack run!"
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I think she has stepped way over the professional boundary so you should invite her over to your place and give her a good spanking.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#12]

I think it is a definate signal.

But don't send her a card back. It will take out the mystery.  Let he wonder if you are interested.

Then show up to the party and have fun chating with her etc., and then tell her you "really enjoyed talking to you, and would like her phone number".

Then wait a few days (three to five), call her and ask her out for a dat for a few days later.

Don't spend a bunch of time on the phone with her.  Save talk and sharing for the actual date.

Simple,

Zen

"This is my rifle there are many like it, but this one is mine"

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#13]
You will never get IT if you don't ask for IT.  Get it over with, bang it like a screen door in a hurricane, or move on.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#14]
NO GUTS, NO GLORY!

GO FOR IT!

YOU NEVER KNOW UNLESS YOU ASK!

BTW................GOOD LUCK!!!
Hessian-1..................out!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#15]
She is hitting on you, but she may just want that... hitting or flirting...

Women are wierd....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw a friend of mine embarrass the shit out of himself with a Dentists assistant like this before
Although she in a normal situation  probably would have gone out with him.
She was QUITE surprised to find out that SHE had come onto HIM by sending a
Nicely worded appointment card in the mail!

Just ask the chick out, don’t assume anything.

You Know the Old "ASS u & ME" thing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Since nobody has said it yet:

STUFF IT IN HER POOPER AND POST THE PICS!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

now, do I "read into" this or what?  I find myself attracted to her for who she is, not what she looks like (but she's A-Ok in my book) she seems to be a pretty decent person.

I think I've typed this about a dozen times so far on this site , but here goes once more .

If you don't try , you will never know .

Women , even aggressive women don't usually make a first move that is clear
enough for our male brain to recognize beyond doubt .
The older I get , the more I have come to find it true ,  that if I get the feeling that a
woman might be flirting with me ............ SHE IS !!

I know it isn't easy to open your mouth and say what you want to say when your
face to face with a woman your attracted to ..... But trust me , the more you do it
easier it gets . As long as your not an asshat about it , the worst that will happen
is that they politely decline .  Sometimes they will not say yes or no , but make an
excuse with an option . Which is usually a Yes in disguise , because they are just as nervous
as you are ..... Don't over analyze it after you walk away , and be sure to give her another
chance to say Yes , which is what the answer will be 99% of the second time .
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#19]
When you show up for your next appointment, try to make subtle contact, both physical {try to touch her hands] and mental [make her smile]. Sometimes the office environment can be chaotic, don’t be put off if she is busy.
Is there any personal info on the card you received?
If so, send her flowers and a note that isn’t overbearing, make your note to her quick and funning. Something about the office or your last visit. If not, send flowers to the office.
If you get an opportunity, tell her you would like to meet up. Ask for a number and call her, nothing puts off a lady like not calling after you get her number. If that seems forward to you, ask where she goes after work, tell her you would like to meet up.
For sure, she has shown interest in you. The personal touch of the reminder shows that.

At the same time, it's to bad your doc is going to try and figure out why your heart rate is high and your blood pressure is peaked.

Good luck
junk
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Bad news bro.  I just got off of the phone with her and it turns out that she was just trying to get to me through you!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#22]
shoot the gap dude!!!!Quick!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Just ask her.  What's so hard about that?

+1
Less time 'reading into', more time 'getting into' (her pants).

Next appt, flat out tell her you noticed / appreciated the hand-written note. State your attraction, ask her to a semi-neutral 1st get-together. Somewhere public / daylight.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Invite her over for some Bukkake.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I like the pooper/picts idea. She wear a uniform?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#27]
No balls no blue chips!  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't be like me, and need a brick up side the head to get a hint.

GM
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:09:39 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Don't be like me, and need a brick up side the head to get a hint.

GM

yep, that's me (even had a friends wife tell my I'm clueless about the signals women send out)

I'm rolling with this, but not until I show up for my appointment.

lots of good advice, not to mention some funny crap, which is up to par for arfcom
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:15:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Good luck mate.

Im a serious doofus too.  Check womens forum if you wanna know what im talkin about.

Why cant women be more straightforward dammit?!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:16:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Just ask her out already and stop worring about all this other stuff.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:24:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Get in the trench, find the target shaft and take the shot, RED 5!

and post pics
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:25:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Maybe she wants to give you an enema, so she can, you know, stuff it in your pooper and post pics!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:26:16 AM EDT
[#34]
If you are waiting from a "hint" then you waited to long.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:27:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Certainly sounds like a hint to me, but then I'm notoriously bad at this kind of thing.

I'd say probably 80% of the time I "take the hint" I get the deer caught in a headlight look when I ask about it. That's just before the "disgusted" look. I'm sure we all know what that is.

The other 20% of the time I get the, "Just because I'm nice to you doesn't mean I want to screw you" response.

Then of course on the other side, when I DON'T persue it, my friends tell me I'm a dipshit.
"She's hitting on you, dumb ass! Go talk to her some more!"

Who knows, maybe one day I'll get tuned in right.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:07:45 AM EDT
[#36]
At the next appointment, tell her you think you need to switch doctors cause you want to date her.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:27:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Worse case scenario is she REALLY doesn't like you and injects you with HIV tainted needles next time you go to give blood.  Sorry, went off on tangent there.

You bastard!  I'm now covered in coffee!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#38]
friday's the day.... wish me luck..

oh, btw, I was asked to go for a bike ride on sat. with a lady in my biology class

wish me luck with that too
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#39]
well, come to find out that I wasn't the only one to get a card from her that day.....

I worked it in to comment about me gettting her card, and that it made my day, as I had a crappy day at work (it did)  she liked that.

but, I was the only one who recieved one with personal attention.  she said I'm the only patient she "knows" well enough to coorespond on a personal level (hey, it's something!)

we had a good time today.  we're both pretty busy and the only times we both have "free" is on weekends.  So, comming up soon we are going to get together and do something

I'm in no hurry and not just looking for 'pie', I want to have a friendship...something my marraige did not have.

and something else totally different...

A lady in my class asked me to go bike riding with her... she's a great communicator and easy to get along with.... we go riding tomorrow
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Ride like the wind cowboy!
Then post pics
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#41]
had lunch and rode about 20miles today

found out a lot about each other..

she even did time with the IDF some time ago
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Call the office and ask to speak to her, tell her thanks for the card and ask her if she would like to go out sometime. Then she would have to say yes or no..

+1
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#43]
See how incredibly difficult it is to find a medical practice worth a damn, and a practitioner that you can trust....

Don't shit where you break for chow.  There are tons of places to meet nice women.  If you must, then find another doctor.

Trust me, if things go south she can really hose you.  I have a first marriage that solidifies that theory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top