Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 5:21:21 PM EDT
I'm thinking about persuing a career in law enforcement. I was checking on the enternet for some info and I came across a copy of a Florida Sherrifs application. One of the first questions on the ap was, list all illeagal drugs you've taken. Now having experamenting with pot and some LSD when I was a teen (I'm 33 now), I was wondering, will they make it past this question and read the rest of my ap or will they deep six it? All  input is welcome, thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#1]
answer: its nunya.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Ascertain if there is a polygraph somewhere along the line. Proceed accordingly.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
the pot is no big deal, the LSD? not too sure....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing they would toss it, but who knows.  Each department is different.  The problem with LSD and other hallucinogens is that often they have long term effects that the department doesn't want the liability of.  For the most part, however, experimentation with marijauna will not disqualify you.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Assume there will be a polygraph and be honest. Kind of makes you want to let young kids know that  they may not give a crap about something now, but something as simple as trying certain types of drugs can screw you over when you finally grow up. Too bad they won't listen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top