Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 10:25:53 AM EDT
Pakistani Forces Pound Alleged Hideout  (October Suprise?)

WANA, Pakistan - About 1,000 Pakistani soldiers backed by helicopter gunships, mortars and artillery Wednesday pounded a mountainous region near the Afghan border where a former Guantanamo Bay prisoner who masterminded the kidnapping of two Chinese engineers is believed to be hiding.

The assault targeted the village of Spinkai Raghzai in South Waziristan, a tribal region where the Pakistani army has been hunting Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) and his al-Qaida associates.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you saying that one of the guys we let go from Gitmo was really a bad guy?  What did Bush/Cheney know about this and when did they know it?  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Yawn.

This'll be like when they let all those terrorists slip right by back in the summer.  They don't want any part of this fight.  They only act like it because they get so much foreign aid from us.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Its also where OBL is hiding.

Watch.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#4]
You read my mind....what if?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are you saying that one of the guys we let go from Gitmo was really a bad guy?  What did Bush/Cheney know about this and when did they know it?  

Thank the ACLU, Amnesty International and the UN.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Why, oh why didn't we plant exploding tracking chips in those savages before we let them go? F up BOOM blow their heads OFF
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#7]
A little transitter in their heads  would be cool too.

"Are you being good?" If not, Boom!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Watch.

I am more and more convinced he's dead and has been dead from some time.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch.

I am more and more convinced he's dead and has been dead from some time.

GunLvr

A stain on the rocks of Tora Bora,  +1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:09:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, I'd say the odds are over 30% that OBL is dead. There's been no verified video since tora bora, which is telling for a media hound like him.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#11]

I bet the gov't has had his body for quite awhile. But was afraid news of his death would activate terrorist cells with pre-detemined missions. It would be "miraculous" if his body showed up right before the elections.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#12]
That's a lot of expended ordnance for one guy and his troupe.  I'd hazard a guess that there's more to it.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That's a lot of expended ordnance for one guy and his troupe.  I'd hazard a guess that there's more to it.

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I bet the gov't has had his body for quite awhile. But was afraid news of his death would activate terrorist cells with pre-detemined missions. It would be "miraculous" if his body showed up right before the elections.

Well if that is the case...it's time to un-thaw that sumbich.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is the one that drives me nuts!

You mean thaw.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wouldn't "un-thaw" mean to freeze him?????????
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wouldn't "un-thaw" mean to freeze him?????????

yeah
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#18]
A lot of ordnance, yes, but the two guys were Chinese.

China is Pakistan's most important foreign relationship, not US-Pakistan.

Israel will thumb their nose at us before Pakistan will do that to China.  Common mortal enemy in India.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Israel will thumb their nose at us before Pakistan will do that to China.  Common mortal enemy in India.

And you justify that much ordnance expenditure based on that theory...okey smokey...

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you justify that much ordnance expenditure based on that theory...okey smokey...

Yes, I do.  What are some of the quotes in the article:  Stronghold, commander of militants, main village to surround, return fire with mortars, hundreds of militants in the area....

" But Mehsud's whereabouts have not been known since last Thursday, when commandos raided a house where five of his men were holding the two Chinese engineers. One of the Chinese was freed but the other was killed in the assault. All five kidnappers were also killed.

Security chiefs then vowed to hunt down Mehsud, who had been hiding in mountains close to the raided house and disappeared after the attack.

"You can't be sure where he is," the intelligence official told The Associated Press."

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope the kill a lot of alleged terrorists.  That way the ACLU cant whine about how cruelly we treat them in Cuba.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top