Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 10:08:18 AM EDT
The real running mates
Teresa Heinz Kerry, 66, a philanthropist, sat in the double parlor of her Washington town house to talk about her views of the role in the White House she might assume. That morning, she had visited the Smith-sonian's new National Museum of the American Indian. She was going back on the campaign trail the next morning.

Heinz Kerry: 'I think what the American people really want is to make sure the companion to the president supports him.  
By Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP

Q: If your husband is elected, there are several ways in which you would be a groundbreaking first lady — one, if you continued to head the Heinz Foundation. Are people ready for that?

A: You know what? Nobody but nobody (outside Washington) asks me that question. I wonder if that's not more of a Washington question.

Q: Our poll shows a lot of Americans don't think the spouse of the president should have a job in the private sector.

A: I'd love to see the wording in the poll, because I would have said, "If you had a woman president, and the husband was a brilliant neurosurgeon, (should) he give up being a neurosurgeon?" No! And I think what the American people really want is to make sure that the companion to the president — a woman now — supports him. And that's absolutely the No. 1 job for the country's sake, for his sake.

Beyond that, I think the book hasn't been written. You know, there are no clear answers. We have to create our own stories and do the best we can. (Related story: Public favors traditional wife)

Q: You'd also be the oldest woman to become first lady. I've noticed that you often mention your age to audiences.

A: I mention my age because I find people in this country — women, not men, of course — women are so troubled by their age. There's a culture of youth, and it's a phony culture. And it's a silly culture because, you know, gravity pulls you down. And what stays is inside your head, in your eyes and in your brain and in your heart. And that gets bigger as you get older.

Why be a prisoner to weight and age and measurement and all this nonsense? Obviously, we all like to look nice. But that's different. I say now, "I'm glad to be 66 with two legs, two arms — a life." I have friends who've died. I had a husband who died suddenly, with no cancer — just "boom!" So, I'm alive.

Q: You'd be just the second first lady who was born abroad, the first who had two foreign parents. Do you think that causes Americans any pause?

A: Well, Americans who pause probably don't know history very well, because we are all from somewhere. We are continually being from somewhere. And in such a young country as this — it's not like we're talking, you know, old Europe. We are constantly renewing our energy and our knowledge and our heart and our soul, enriched like no other country in that sense. And to fear that or disparage that I don't think is American. And I never hear that out there.

Q: When you campaign for your husband, what does that tell people about him?

A: Well, I can only repeat to you what people say (to me): "If he's married to a woman who thinks and speaks her mind, he's a strong man, and we like him." That's what they say.

Q: Do you have a role model for first lady in mind?

A: The one thing I've learned from watching is that there really isn't a model, because every person coming in is different. Their experiences are different, and times have changed.

Q: You'd be different from Laura Bush?

A: Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good. But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things. And I'm older, and my validation of what I do and what I believe and my experience is a little bit bigger — because I'm older, and I've had different experiences. And it's not a criticism of her. It's just, you know, what life is about.

Find this article at:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/2004-10-19-teresa_x.htm
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah. pretty much. dumb fucking bitch.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#3]
For some reason, I really don't think that crazy bitch will have to worry about her role as First Lady...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For some reason, I really don't think that crazy bitch will have to worry about her role as First Lady...

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#6]

A: Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good. But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up.

Uhhhhh... she was teacher, I guess thats not a "real" job??

What a freaked out loon this woman is.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#7]

: You'd also be the oldest woman to become first lady. I've noticed that you often mention your age to audiences.

Older than Barbara Bush?   Granny Bush?????    
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#8]
God what a hag!  What was her first job other that surviving her husband?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, my first husband just up and died.  No cancer.  Right after my personal assistant finished servicing his helicopter. Nothing but the best for him.  Yesssiree.  

I would have had no reason to wish him any harm .

...other than the 500 million dollars I would get if he croaked.

How's that?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yeah, my first husband just up and died.  No cancer.  Right after I gave him that drink...er, I mean right after he exerted himself.  Yeah...that's it.  He over exerted himself.  I would have had no reason to wish him any harm .

IIRC, John Heinz died in a helicopter accident.

Here's a link:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._John_Heinz_III
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, my first husband just up and died.  No cancer.  Right after I gave him that drink...er, I mean right after he exerted himself.  Yeah...that's it.  He over exerted himself.  I would have had no reason to wish him any harm .

IIRC, John Heinz died in a helicopter accident.

Here's a link:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._John_Heinz_III

That's probably just a cover-up, bought with all her millions!  Please don't let facts distract from a wonderful conpsiracy theory about how she killed her (republican) husband.  Maybe the Clintons were even involved?  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

: You'd also be the oldest woman to become first lady. I've noticed that you often mention your age to audiences.

Older than Barbara Bush?   Granny Bush?????    

Barbara has to be older than Tuh Ray Zah.

the question said "to become"

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#14]
If for some strange reason this bitch made it to first lady, I honestly feel that somehow she'll be beheaded. (not by me of course)
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I think Theresa did have another job, sort of Hollywood related.  

Found this little piece of imagination...funny...

"You little people are such fools. That is why you refuse to bow when I speak.  You will get yours, you idiots.  John & I know what is best for you peasants even though you do not. We long so for the good days, the European days of elegance when royality was respected.  You make fun of us because we do not pay taxes on my $3.2 billion in assets.  You make fun of us because we pay the bare minimum of 0.983% in taxes on my $80M/yr income while I support a 30% tax on any family earning over $100,000. You ignorant scum.  I have outsourced all the Heinz manufacturing plants and their thousands of jobs so that my income will grow even more while my husband tells you about all the bad outsourcing plotted by evil corporations.  Worship me and my waned beauty or I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!"
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Well, Americans who pause probably don't know history very well, because we are all from somewhere. We are continually being from somewhere.

So deep, I can't begin to fathom her intellect.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Well, Americans who pause probably don't know history very well, because we are all from somewhere. We are continually being from somewhere.

I think I read this on a fortune cookie once...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

A: Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good. But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up.

Uhhhhh... she was teacher, I guess thats not a "real" job??

What a freaked out loon this woman is.

You're missing the more profound point.  She doesn't consider being a wife and a mother to be a "real" job.  Republicans need to pound this point home over the next two weeks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Say hello to your next first lady fellas.
And some thought hitlery was bad.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I knew when i saw this thread title that it was about her.....she's just taking the heat that Hillary willbe getting in 2008 when she runs....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#22]
She makes a perfectly good Demoncrat. She talks a lot but nothing comes out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top