Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 9:26:52 AM EDT
On any given day, that damn big, brown truck would roar through my neighborhood by zero-nine like Dale Jarrett at Daytona, and twice by 1400.  Not today, however.  Nope, nada, nil, zip, nary a pass.

Why is this so disturbing you ask?  Because I'm waiting on a freakin' delivery scheduled for TODAY!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#1]
They know
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]
They're rat-bastards, I tell ya!

Must be Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, just saw the FedEx truck.  Still no brown!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Finally!!! It arrives and the tension level begins to ebb.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine wasn't much but, damn, I wanted it!

Butt stock cleaning kit and case of 55 gr FMJBT's.  Now, I'm in desperate need of Bando's, stripper clips and spoons.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...  Now, I'm in desperate need of Bando's, stripper clips and spoons.

Ahh you need Wu's

Great place to get all that (including cardboard for the bando's if you want it).
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They know

Yes, they do know... I'm sitting here waiting on a new Leupold scope shipped from Midway and do you think Brown could get here before 7 o'clock in the evening just this one time??? NOOOOOOO.... rat bastards is right...

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice, Book.

I've looked at Wu's.  I don't like ordering online.  I want to be able to call and speak to a warm body.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
What I don't understand is how they can drive around all day and then deliver everyones orders between 7 and 8. I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nice, Book.

I've looked at Wu's.  I don't like ordering online.  I want to be able to call and speak to a warm body.

It's a part-time business for him so that won't be possible.  I've ordered from him in the past and the stuff was always first rate.  Ask around the site you'll find he had a good reputation.

Don't know where to send you for decent prices and a warm body answering the phone other than Fulton Armory but their prices are higher than Wu's.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice, Book.

It's a part-time business for him so that won't be possible.  I've ordered from him in the past and the stuff was always first rate.  Ask around the site you'll find he had a good reputation.

Don't know where to send you for decent prices and a warm body answering the phone other than Fulton Armory but their prices are higher than Wu's.

Thanks Forest.  What is their usual turn around time?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#14]
they used to come down my street at the same time too...

until I got my C&R and knew I had something showing up that day.... they would always show up 10min after I left the house (after giving them a generous window)

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, I wish.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Mine wasn't much but, damn, I wanted it!

Butt stock cleaning kit and case of 55 gr FMJBT's.  Now, I'm in desperate need of Bando's, stripper clips and spoons.

Wait, you mean you WANTED those to come to your door, and not only that, but you let them IN??

Run for cover!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Ah, so I'm not the only one who is EXTREMELY impatient with the UPS people, huh?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I second Wu's.  It might take him a day or two (or three sometimes) to get back to ya, but his stuff and prices can NOT be beat.  Really, give him a chance.  Just e-mail him what you want and he'll send you back a price.  Include your shipping address (he'll need that to estimate shipping charges).

I may just give him a try.  Last time I was at the site, I didn't recall an email.

Cypher...actually, I was patient.  When I ordered from Outdoor Marksman, they shipped that day, told me it would arrive on the 20th, emailed confirmation and tracking.  So, I, remained patient knowing FULL WELL that the Oops truck is always early.  But no, not today!  Oh, well, it's here.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
My package is a rifle.  

K, fess up what did you get.

I'm going to hold an intervention for you and your gun problem soon. I don't know anyone qualified to attend, myself included, but I'm looking...

JW
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
home.comcast.net/~dpastrick/brown.jpg

Excuse me for a minute or maybe two...  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#23]
If ya dont want to wait then pay the freaking money and have it shipped NEXT DAY AIR.  It will be there by NOON at the latest.  You see your driver in the morning hes delivering his next day airs.  You all would think that maybe you'd say wow those guys work freaking HARD 830 am UNTIL  they are DONE.  Your stuff comes at 7 or 8 because you are RESIDENTIAL.  Either deal with it or pay the big bucks.  Nuff said.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Wu's taks a little longer (as indicated 2 or 3 days is not uncommon) but the quality and price so far have been worth it.

Fulton has great turn around time - and the person answering the phone is a real sweetheart.  (I pick up my stuff from Fulton in person).  I buy lots of parts from Fulton, but never the strippers or similar gear - too pricy - that what Wu's is for.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wu's taks a little longer (as indicated 2 or 3 days is not uncommon) but the quality and price so far have been worth it.

Fulton has great turn around time - and the person answering the phone is a real sweetheart.  (I pick up my stuff from Fulton in person).  I buy lots of parts from Fulton, but never the strippers or similar gear - too pricy - that what Wu's is for.

Roger that, thanks!

Murphy, piss off (no offense) but Oops is by here twice a day, every day by 1400.  I've had many a delivery from them.  Just not today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top