Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 8:08:41 AM EDT
Hey guys,

This may sound like a dumb question, because I've been on active duty for over 4 years now, but what kind of socks do you all wear with military boots, i.e. GI jungles, desert boots, etc?

I've been wearing the normal black GI socks they sell at Clothing Sales ever since I was a cadidiot (although I was originally issued OD green socks back when we still had them) - the kind that come 3 pairs to a pack for $8 or so.

To be honest, the regular black socks are pretty comfortable for me, but they tend to fall apart (especially the toes) after only 6-9 months. I'm not doing any serious humping (I'm a tanker, after all), but I'd like to get something a little more comfortable and longer-lasting. I tried the heavy wool boot socks at MCS one time, but they were so thick that I'd need to go up a half size in my boots to wear them (which is an option I'm willing to try if that's the best thing to do).

I guess I'm asking for advice from you infantry types - do you get a certain brand at Clothing Sales, mail order from a particular place, go to surplus stores for the old OD socks, or what?

Thanks,

Dave
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#1]
wigwam
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Watch out for hard crusty socks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Smartwool brand only
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top