Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 7:10:47 AM EDT
I've had it will Kerry saying that he's going to add 40,000 troops, give everyone free health care and prescriptions, increase funding for every program, increase homeland security, and save social security, all while only taxing those who make over $200,000.

I've had it with all the other Democrats saying Kerry can be trusted to protect the country because he was a hero in Vietnam, spent his time defending the country, and bled for the country.  The bastard spent 4 months fighting, hurt himself, and took the easy way out to go home early.  How does this prove he will stay strong when things get tough?  We know better but Dems keep saying how great he would be.  I'm sick of it.

Finally on the state level.  The state workers health insurance was causing major budget problems.  The Republican Governor proposed a plan that was an outrage to all but helped correct the budget problems.  Since so many complained about the health plan he called the legislator into a special session to produce a plan acceptable to all.  The Dems control the House and the Republicans control the Senate.  Together the put together a plan that satisfied all the major groups and the Governor signed it into law a couple hours later.  Well today the Democrats come out saying, "the Democrats had to do the Governors job", "the Democrats had to fix the Republican's mess", "the Democrats saved health care for state workers".  Damn this pisses me off.  The Dems only had a chance to work on the legislation because the Republican Governor called them back.  The only way the Dems got anything done was by working with the Republicans.  But, they come out and say they did it all themselves.  Fuck them.

Fuck all the Democrats, their bogus plans, and their lying ways.   So as a big STFU I'm hitting the Republican Ticket button on the ballot.  In Kentucky we have many southern Democrats who are actually stronger pro-gun candidates than the Republican oppenent.  But they have blown it this year by running their mouths.

I'm also donating to www.gop.com/membership2004 as often as I can to help get the vote out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've had it.....Kerry saying that he's going to add 40,000 troops, give everyone free health care and prescriptions, increase funding for every program, increase homeland security, and save social security, all while only taxing those who make over $200,000.....

Doesn't add up, does it?

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#2]
All I can say is, "Bravo"!  And don't be shy about telling your views to everyone you know.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Kerry's making so many promises it sounds like that song from O'Brother about some fantasy land:

Hell, the song should be the Democrats theme this year:

We'll give you everything, no cost, no expense, no problem!

One evening as the sun went down and the jungle fire was burning
Down the track came a hobo hiking and he said boys I'm not turning
I'm headin for a land that's far away beside the crystal fountains
So come with me we'll go and see the Big Rock Candy Mountains

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains there's a land that's fair and bright
Where the handouts grow on bushes and you sleep out every night
Where the boxcars are all empty and the sun shines every day
On the birds and the bees and the cigarette trees
Where the lemonade springs where the bluebird sings
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains all the cops have wooden legs
And the bulldogs all have rubber teeth and the hens lay soft boiled eggs
The farmer's trees are full of fruit and the barns are full of hay
Oh, I'm bound to go where there ain't no snow
Where the rain don't fall and the wind don't blow

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains you never change your socks
And the little streams of alcohol come a-trickling down the rocks
The brakemen have to tip their hats and the railroad bulls are blind
There's a lake of stew and of whiskey too
You can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains the jails are made of tin
And you can walk right out again as soon as you are in
There ain't no short handled shovels, no axes saws or picks
I'm a goin to stay where you sleep all day
Where they hung the jerk that invented work

I'll see you all this coming fall in the Big Rock Candy Mountains

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've had it.....Kerry saying that he's going to add 40,000 troops, give everyone free health care and prescriptions, increase funding for every program, increase homeland security, and save social security, all while only taxing those who make over $200,000.....

Does anyone honestly believe that he will only tax that class?  He will say that due to Bush's allowing the deficit to be driven up so high, it will be necessary for slight tax increases.  

What was it that Hitlery said

"We're going to take things away from you to support the common good"
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#5]
For me, Kerry was never an option.

The democrats have been trying to spin the election since the campaign began. They are not dealing with reality.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:23:35 AM EDT
[#6]
As posted here the other day by a member...

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:24:09 AM EDT
[#7]
That's right.
Even if you elect a Republican Senator, ou're not crazy about, you are still keeping Republicans in control of the Senate.
Believe me, I know.  
I get to vote for Mike DeWine and George Voinovich.
Two assholes who voted to renew the AWB during the gun Manufacturer Liability debate.
But Frist in charge, is so much better than Tom Dasshole.
The Primaries are the time to elect the candidate you want.
The General Election is the time to select a party.

At least for Federal, and State races.
This philosophy probably is less important on a local level in smaller towns.
However, I have seen Columbus turn 100% liberal over the last 10 years, and it really sucks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I will not be casting a vote for Voinovich, no matter what (or for his opponent).
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#9]
If these 'southern democrats' here in Kentucky want to keep their jobs, they better avoid throwing support to Kerry. Kentucky is an overwhelmingly Bush state. Some of these KY democrats are actually pretty good people and nothing like the liberal assholes we see in other areas of the nation. But any of them who would pledge support for that POS Kerry are turning their backs on the ideals and values of Kentucky citizens. So though they may vote like conservatives, their support for Kerry makes them liberals by default and will help state republicans send their ass packing.

BTW, I always just vote straight republican.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've had it will Kerry saying that he's going to add 40,000 troops, give everyone free health care and prescriptions, increase funding for every program, increase homeland security, and save social security, all while only taxing those who make over $200,000.

I've had it with all the other Democrats saying Kerry can be trusted to protect the country because he was a hero in Vietnam, spent his time defending the country, and bled for the country.  The bastard spent 4 months fighting, hurt himself, and took the easy way out to go home early.  How does this prove he will stay strong when things get tough?  We know better but Dems keep saying how great he would be.  I'm sick of it.

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#11]
You sound as if voting FOR Kerry was actually an option...........
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
As posted here the other day by a member...

tinypic.com/d8xh0

!!! that's great!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:47:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Voting the straight Republican ticket is not the solution either. It maybe easier, but not the solution. The Republicans come up with hare-brained ideas also. You need to elvaluate each issue/proposal, just like any other idea.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Make sure you know who your Replublican judges are too.  In NC a  straight party vote won't vote for GOP judges, the judges must be voted for individually
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I will not be casting a vote for Voinovich, no matter what (or for his opponent).

Big mistake.  Voinovich is an asshat, but his name still has an (R) next to it, which keeps the Senate in the (R)ight hands.

That is the ONLY reason he gets my vote.  The alternatives, on a broader scope, are much worse than him.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#16]
thinking of punching strait republican just because I am sick and tired of democrats whinning about loosing the last election.  Those bumperstickers and newspaper editorials don't convert voters, they just make the democrats sound like a bunch of spoiled brats.  I did not get my way, whaaaaa!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Voting for Kerry was never an option but as Charging_Handle said a lot of the southern Democrats are better than the Republicans, especially when it comes to gun rights.  The NRA endorsed about 10 Democrats at the state level and one at the Federal level for Kentucky.  But the NRA endorsement doesn't mean anything now that the rest of the Dems have pissed me off.  In some races down her the Republican's don't even run a candidate.  So it's a choice between a Democrat and an Independent.

Fox news has also been looking into Kerry's tax plan and found that the magic income isn't $200,000 it's $146,000.  If you make more than $146,000 you get taxed with over $2,000 in penalties.  They also looked at those who make $195,000 vs those who make $205,000.  The tax rates jumps up so high that those who make $205,000 will have an after tax income that is $5 BELOW those the after tax income of those who only make $195,000.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Voting for Kerry was never an option but as Charging_Handle said a lot of the southern Democrats are better than the Republicans, especially when it comes to gun rights.  The NRA endorsed about 10 Democrats at the state level and one at the Federal level for Kentucky.  But the NRA endorsement doesn't mean anything now that the rest of the Dems have pissed me off.  In some races down her the Republican's don't even run a candidate.  So it's a choice between a Democrat and an Independent.

Fox news has also been looking into Kerry's tax plan and found that the magic income isn't $200,000 it's $146,000.  If you make more than $146,000 you get taxed with over $2,000 in penalties.  They also looked at those who make $195,000 vs those who make $205,000.  The tax rates jumps up so high that those who make $205,000 will have an after tax income that is $5 BELOW those the after tax income of those who only make $195,000.

I don't believe that's possible, it would mean the tax rate would be over 100%

Remember the study a few months ago that indicated the more you watch Faux the more misinformed you are? Or the fact that they recently went to court to win the right to lie to their viewers, and won?

Not saying CNN is any better, just that quoting a cable news channel is a complete waste of time. They're not there to inform you.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't believe that's possible, it would mean the tax rate would be over 100%

Actually it's completely possible. These aren't the actual numbers from Kerry's plan but this example shows how easy it is for those who make more to end up with less after taxes.

Using the numbers $195,000 and $205,000
Let's say the tax rate for $195,000 is 32% and the tax rate for $205,000 is 36%, only 4% more.
The 195k pays $62,400 in taxes and takes home $132,600.  The 205k pays $73,800 in taxes and takes home only $131,200.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#20]
That isn't the way the tax code works. When you get into a higher bracket you pay the higher rate on income above the cutoff, that's why if you look at a tax table there are no dramatic jumps in tax liability.

I suppose Faux explained it the way you just did?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2  I came to that conclusion last week when our current governor started slinging mud.  The campain had been clean but then I guess Kernan got tired of being behind in the polls so he started in on the personal crap.  Well, I'm just gonna push the Republican button this time.  First time I've ever voted a straight ticket.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#22]
We vote straight Republican as well.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
That isn't the way the tax code works. When you get into a higher bracket you pay the higher rate on income above the cutoff, that's why if you look at a tax table there are no dramatic jumps in tax liability.

I suppose Faux explained it the way you just did?

Of course that's not exactly how the tax code works, that's why the difference was well over $1,000 less for the person that makes more.  Plug in all the tax brackets up to that point and you will end up with a smaller difference.

Anyone that knows math knows that if you charge a higher percentage on a big number and a lower percentage and a smaller number, the bigger number will pay much more than the smaller number.  Of course that would be using logic which seems to missing from people like yourself and the Kerry campaign.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I really want to vote straight republican but my precint commisioner is a complete waste of carbon and I must vote against that sumbitch.  I think I will go over to the democratic headquarters and see what they have running against the ass wipe.  While I am there I better ask for some zell stickers.

I am depressed today to find three people I know voting for Kerry.  It is their right but it sure is stupid.  It is like they are brain washed.  I thank God that I can see the truth.

Fuckit Bush is going to win and by more than he beat gwhore.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top