Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 6:53:13 AM EDT
Any Scrubs fans here?  I usually don't care for sit-coms (much less discuss them here), but I've watched Scrubs from its beginning and find it very amusing.  My favorite character/part of the show is Dr. Cox, an overbearing, downbeat curmudgeon played wonderfully by John C. McGinley.  Last night he uttered a line that literally made me fall off the couch laughing:

He was talking to Dr. Clock (the lovely Heather Graham), who is as irrepressibly happy an optimimist as Cox is a downer.  She had been prattling on about people being generally good, comparing them to candies with soft, chewy centers.  Dr. Cox stopped her cold and said:

Lady, people are not chocolates.  You know what they are, mostly?  Bastards.  Bastard-covered bastards with bastard filling.

I must have laughed for five minutes over that.  I don't really know why it struck me so funny...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#1]
He plays that character so well.  I don't get to watch the show that often, but I really enjoy it when I do.  

One of my favorite episodes was the toilet on the roof of the hospital.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Perry is my hero. When I grow up I want to be just like him.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I absolutely hate television, but I can't miss that show.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Ok, Betty,  

Take your post about loveing me and stick it where the sun don't shine because if you think you can suck up to me by putting the pucilinimous head of yours as far up my behind as you can get it will help you out then I think I can tell you that it won't help the fact that late at night you still fantasize about wearing dresses and sucking your thumb, get it sister?

Zen  (aka Dr. Cox)

"This is my cox, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#5]
J.D. : Dr. Cox...

Dr. Cox : Newbie, if the next two words out of your mouth aren't "See ya" then the third word will be "Oh my god. My crotch. You've punched me in my crotch.".

J.D. : See ya.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#6]
It's funny. last night was the first time I actually sat down and watched it,and it was just in time for the "bastards covered with bastards with bastard filling" line. I couldn't stop laughing..
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Scrubs has the best writing since Seinfield & maybe rivals that even. Even the janitor has funny lines.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#8]
great show.

my last name is cox too, so people call me dr cox now because im usually sarcastic and belittling too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top