Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 2:44:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:25:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I won't pay no stinking 50 bucks for a flashlight. It just a standard flashlight with a 2.00 led bulb.
I let the rich and stupid people buy new stuff first then when the price comes down to earth i'll buy.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:33:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I suppose you don't own a SureFire either.

You sound like one of those people who buy those expensive Oakley glasses too! All that money for flashlights and sunglasses is just a waste! If people are dumb enough to buy expensive crap, then it is their problem.

It's not like you see soldiers and police officers who are strapped for cash saving up to buy things like Surefires and Oakley glasses, do you? I mean, there is clearly no performance advantage which is why the people who depend on their equipment to save their life just use the flashlights you buy at the Wal-Mart checkout line.

They also attatch the cheap flashlights to their weapons with Duck Tape. Because there is clearly no advantage to any of that brand name crap...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:36:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I won't pay no stinking 50 bucks for a flashlight. It just a standard flashlight with a 2.00 led bulb.
I let the rich and stupid people buy new stuff first then when the price comes down to earth i'll buy.

No kidding ---
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:39:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Have you doubting numbnutz ever even used a surefire?  Over a maglight, the difference is worth the money.

Why buy an AR15?  A 10/22 is a rifle too.  That should be enough.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:43:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:44:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I can understand wave buying that light. Professional gear and like he said basicly free (tax write off)

But for the average joe  -- all I can say is you must have a fear of the dark ....

20.00 Walmart
200.00 ------------- ?

Wooooooooooooooooooo  it is so much brighter
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:50:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
But for the average joe  -- all I can say is you must have a fear of the dark ....

20.00 Walmart
200.00 ------------- ?

So you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

A Surefire 6P is about $60, and puts out about _four_ times the light that a maglight can.

And that Blaster up there can run FOR 24 HOURS on a single set of batteries.  How long does your maglight work?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:52:22 AM EDT
[#10]
If you get the "WalMart $20" Maglite 3D with an LED bulb it will run $50-60 dollars.  This flashlight is designed from the ground up to be an LED device.  The price, $49.99,  is very reasonable compared to the MagLite: Froogle for MagLite 3d LED

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

20.00 Walmart
200.00 ------------- ?

So you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

A Surefire 6P is about $60, and puts out about _four_ times the light that a maglight can.

And that Blaster up there can run FOR 24 HOURS on a single set of batteries.  How long does your maglight work?

there you go...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:54:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks Wave...

You guys would freak if you knew what I spend a year on Flashlights, Im a firefighter, I have to use better lights in smoke, and on MVA's I can run a light for a hour or more, most of my lights dont last over a year. I can buy the cheap ones, but then I dont get the quality or a get a really low power light. I have used just about every brand name out there right now, I cant justify the price on the SureFires, other than maybe a G2, But I also cant afford to use the old Elcheapo Ray0vac.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:54:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, if the sun burns out and I need 24 hours of flashlight   --- ever

I will concede to your argument. Till then ---

I will struggle a long with this 20.00 Ray-o-Vac light.

Add to the fear of dark, the fear of a zombie attack.....

Edit: don't  have to thank me for the BTT wave ....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:58:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You're either playing devil's advocate, or completely retarded.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:00:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:00:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're either playing devil's advocate, or completely retarded.

I'm thinking devils advocate...he can't be that retarded...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:01:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:03:15 AM EDT
[#18]
+1 on the LED lights.

Once you own one, you'll want to pitch the crappy bulbs.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#19]
um

I own two Surefires and one Maglite....
I wonder which ones gets the use?

I wonder which one you would rather have in YOUR face after you broke into my home?
Keep your 20$ piece of crap, I'll keep my Surefires.  It is America for crying out loud.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

YEAH!

Just buy an AIRSOFT light.  Same thing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Streamlight.  'Nuff said.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:58:23 AM EDT
[#23]
All of this does not matter at all because the ban is NOT going to expire.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:04:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
G2 Nitrolons are around $35... a box of batteries direct from Surefire are dirt cheap.  The difference between a Surefire and Rayovac is night and day... pun intended.  I have four surefires, one in the car, one in my home, one on the office and one I carry.  You can't be without light during an emergency.

A big +1

I've always loved my SureFire weapon-lights, but I did not fully appreciate my SureFire flashlights until we were without power for a week after the recent hurricane.  They were worth their weight in gold to me then, even for simple things like going from one end of the house to the other (without running into/stepping on everything in between) after dark.  (FWIW we used lanterns in the rooms we were in, but I didn't want lanterns/candles burning all throughout the house.)  After the hurricane, I ordered a couple of extra bulbs and two boxes of batteries directly from SureFire to replenish.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Edited "cause I'm half asleep and not paying attention.

Gotta admit it was a good rant, though.

Damn I hate wasting a good rant...

SG
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:26:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Ummm... I thought JW777 was being sarcastic in his post.  No?  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:44:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sound like one of those people who buy those expensive Oakley glasses too! All that money for flashlights and sunglasses is just a waste! If people are dumb enough to buy expensive crap, then it is their problem.

It's not like you see soldiers and police officers who are strapped for cash saving up to buy things like Surefires and Oakley glasses, do you? I mean, there is clearly no performance advantage which is why the people who depend on their equipment to save their life just use the flashlights you buy at the Wal-Mart checkout line.

They also attatch the cheap flashlights to their weapons with Duck Tape. Because there is clearly no advantage to any of that brand name crap...

Oh, that is just so much uninformed Bullshit, I don't even know where to start.

If you're a cheap shit, well, more power to you, but to imply that:

A: Shitty 5.00 sunglasses are any match for Oakleys or any other high quality optics

B:  Ten Dollar chinese SHIT from Wal Mart is  anywhere NEAR the quality or brightness of a SureFire or any other quality light and

3: That LEO's and other operators who depend on this shit to , sometime for their lives DON'T buy it and USE it is just patently and blatantly ignorant., and makes you sound like a jealous little snot who didn't get any toys for Christmas. Frankly, I'm hoping that you are just playing around and aren't REALLY this ignorant.

You wanna be a cheap shit with a 4 dollar walmart flashlight duct taped to your muzzleloader wearing a 2 dollar pair of shitty chinese sunglasses, be my guest...Hope you enjoy that flintlock musket, since any type of fairly expensive technology such as an AR , or hell, even a nice bolt gun, is such a waste.

SG

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:54:35 AM EDT
[#30]
I put a $70 old model 6p surefire flashlight on my ar and it is fine, better then a 5 dollar maglight that breaks a soon as you shoot your first round.  (cheap) flashlights cant handle the recoil of  the AR. Is your life worth 5 bucks?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Heres a tip from me a guy who dabbles in electronics. Go to Home depot or target. You can get an Led flashlight for like 10$. Now here's the trick, If you are unhappy with the brightness you can go to radio shack or an online electronic component store. They sell 'white light' LED's for real cheap, like 2.50$. The main thing is to look at the MCD rating. This stands for Micro-candle something. It's the brightness level of the bulb. Just pop it in and your done. Also I must tell you that LED's are far far superior to incandecent bulbs of any kind as far as Energy savings and long life. Besides it's all about 'Energy in = Energy out' The regular bulbs might burn a little brighter but they also use more energy per second.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was being sarcastic. There is a REASON people buy surefires and oakleys, and they are darn good reasons.

Hmmmn. Let's see. No real need for OAKLEY's here I work the midnight shift, but then again I own a pair for driving and because they look good to me. Oh yeah, smart cops and miltary consumers know that there are LE/Military discounts from OAKLEY.
As for the flashlights, I work with the best available equipment that I can afford. I stated I work a steady midnight shift so I carry at least 2 flahlights on duty. I won't apologize for spending my own hard earned $$$ on the good stuff. It's also a tax write off as well.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A: Shitty 5.00 sunglasses are any match for Oakleys or any other high quality optics

B:  Ten Dollar chinese SHIT from Wal Mart is  anywhere NEAR the quality or brightness of a SureFire or any other quality light and

3: That LEO's and other operators who depend on this shit to , sometime for their lives DON'T buy it and USE it is just patently and blatantly ignorant., and makes you sound like a jealous little snot who didn't get any toys for Christmas. Frankly, I'm hoping that you are just playing around and aren't REALLY this ignorant.

You wanna be a cheap shit with a 4 dollar walmart flashlight duct taped to your muzzleloader wearing a 2 dollar pair of shitty chinese sunglasses, be my guest...Hope you enjoy that flintlock musket, since any type of fairly expensive technology such as an AR , or hell, even a nice bolt gun, is such a waste.

SG

gilbertv.com/coppermine/albums/06012004/sarcasm.jpg

Yeah, well, I'm a little slow today.
Lack of sleep for four weeks'll do that to ya.

Cut me some slack, jack.

SG
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#34]
i've got 2 Surefires and 2 Maglites.  a good flashlight can be worth just as much as good ammo if you need it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmmn. Let's see. No real need for OAKLEY's here I work the midnight shift, but then again I own a pair for driving and because they look good to me. Oh yeah, smart cops and miltary consumers know that there are LE/Military discounts from OAKLEY.
As for the flashlights, I work with the best available equipment that I can afford. I stated I work a steady midnight shift so I carry at least 2 flahlights on duty. I won't apologize for spending my own hard earned $$$ on the good stuff. It's also a tax write off as well.

Psst... Your sarcasm meter needs adjustment.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#37]
G2 Nitrolon and a Scorpion.  I tend not to need a flashlight for very long periods so the 1 hour or so limit is OK and a good tradeoff for the mediocre light from a maglite.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

If it uses a Luxeon star LED it's alot more than a 2.00 LED
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Wave... you need to show them this:

ELEKTRO LUMENS Tri-Star Phazer

Three, 3 watt LEDs.  216 Lummens.  Takes regular c batteries.  An all in all kick ass flashlight.

Wave, I am all with you when it comes to LEDs.  I put an Everled in my 3D mag... and I am NEVER going back.  That PURE WHITE light becomes addictive.

I am even looking into the LED surefires, more specifically an L4, rather than a 6P, due to a whiter light, and stronger design, as well as better battery life.

Oh yeah, btw.  I am pretty sure you are "wave" over on CPF.  I just registered, i am "StainlessSteel"... see ya over there.

S
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I am even looking into the LED surefires, more specifically an L4, rather than a 6P, due to a whiter light, and stronger design, as well as better battery life.

I cannot speak enough of the wonders of the L4 Lumamax.  Bright, white, and long battery life.  My (ex)girlfriend never got as much play as this light does.  [sob story]Then again, this flashlight didn't leave me for my best friend.[/sob story]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cannot speak enough of the wonders of the L4 Lumamax.  Bright, white, and long battery life.  My (ex)girlfriend never got as much play as this light does.  [sob story]Then again, this flashlight didn't leave me for my best friend.[/sob story]

Sweet.... you just sealed the deal.  L4 it is, and I may even get my Mom one for xmas.

Oh yeah.  Another EXCELLENT light... when you have to burn the bark off the trees... and do it for a REASONABLE amount of $$  is....

Thor X 10 Million Candle Power Rechargeable Spot Light

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SG

gilbertv.com/coppermine/albums/06012004/sarcasm.jpg

Um, ya. Twas sarcasm.

Everybody has an off day...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top