Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/19/2004 9:09:12 PM EDT
When I turn this Tac 1 on and see the red dot. I see a dot and a half. Looks kinda crappy. I was hoping for a round dot. Is this their normal quality or did I get a lemon?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
what did you expect from a cheap, knock-off scope?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Damn, I didn't see that coming.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
When I turn this Tac 1 on and see the red dot. I see a dot and a half. Looks kinda crappy. I was hoping for a round dot. Is this their normal quality or did I get a lemon?

Now for a serious answer....no it's not normal. Mine is a perfectly crisp dot.

Does it exhibit this weird dot for everyone? What I'm asking is, are you sure you're eyes aren't bugging out...it happens to people with dot scopes sometimes.

BTW, this cheap, crappy knockoff scope has a lifetime warranty, unlike some of its big, expensive brothers. Make use of it if it's indeed fucked.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]
dear.....god......*waits patiently for lumpy*
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got it and its NIB. I'll see what the dealer says first. My eyes are not bugging out. I've had quite a few red dot sites. And currently have 3 EOTechs and a cheap S&W knock off.

I expect a fairly  round dot and for it to last a year on my 22LR for plinking.

I'd like to get some feed back on how people are doing with this cheap knock off!!!!

And Lumpy has an opinion??
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one that works well.
It looks great with my contacts, and terrible with my glasses.
I rarely ever wear glasses, so no big deal.  
I suspect that has more to do with my strong prescription than anything.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

SGtar15

PS  One more  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

And Lumpy has an opinion??

Yes, but he is rather tactful about it.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I just tested this thing out side and it made a world of difference. I'm going to keep it and try it out. Just beware using it in doors the dot will distort some.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#11]
jesus people, its for a fucking .22, there's no real need to have a $400 sight on a $150 plinker

hell I use a $35 wally world BSA dot sight on my .22 pistol, works well enough for me.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
jesus people, its for a fucking .22, there's no real need to have a $400 sight on a $150 plinker

hell I use a $35 wally world BSA dot sight on my .22 pistol, works well enough for me.

Yes, but even a cheap BSA is MADE for a gun, not for a TOY.

does it help that I originally bought it for my paintball guns?

ETA: some of the airsoft stuff is pretty well put together, a buddy of mine has a HK91 and he bought a scope mount(claw style) for it only to find out a few months later that it said "Tokyo Marui" on it.
works great though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGtar15

PS  One more  

If you bought it for your paintball guns, then leave it there....on the toys. If you want a decent red dot on your REAL gun, get a Bushnell Holosight used.
One from me too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I never hit what I aim for anyway so it would not make a diff to me...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#17]
This thread won't be complete until RibbedCondom shows up and calls us all racist and bigots.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This thread won't be complete until RibbedCondom shows up and calls us all racist and bigots.

So true.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#19]
You can't alway get what you want...

and if you pay $100 you probably won't get what you need....

(I found this hilarious when I sung along with it)

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#21]
10x

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

There all lemons waiting to fail.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:29:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give it a rest, you have a sickness.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:44:16 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give it a rest, you have a sickness.

So do you. Its called posting about airsoft on a real firearms discussion board.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:22:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but even a cheap BSA is MADE for a gun, not for a TOY.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Ok, i have a question...... The Tacpoint is made by Hakko? How is it that you guys give it a airsoft label, when it is made by a company who makes nothing else other then live fire weapons scopes and sights? I have a hakko BED-24 made for live fire and I have a HaKKO tacpoint....  Why is it ok to have the BED-24 on one of my guns but when I put a Hakko tacpoint on it it becomes made for airsoft........  Two sights made by the same company for the same purpose and yet you say one is airsoft and the other is????

some people around here need to grow up a little...............
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Ok, i have a question...... The Tacpoint is made by Hakko? How is it that you guys give it a airsoft label, when it is made by a company who makes nothing else other then live fire weapons scopes and sights? I have a hakko BED-24 made for live fire and I have a HaKKO tacpoint....  Why is it ok to have the BED-24 on one of my guns but when I put a Hakko tacpoint on it it becomes made for airsoft........  Two sights made by the same company for the same purpose and yet you say one is airsoft and the other is????

Don't confuse them. Hatred doesn't work unless its blind. If Va-dingdong and Lumper don't have anything to squeal about, this board wouldn't be any fun.

BTW, my Tacpoint is still working. Must be fucked up. Shoulda broke by now.....damn airsoft crap doesn't even know its supposed to die already.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't confuse them. Hatred doesn't work unless its blind. If Va-dingdong and Lumper don't have anything to squeal about, this board wouldn't be any fun.

BTW, my Tacpoint is still working. Must be fucked up. Shoulda broke by now.....damn airsoft crap doesn't even know its supposed to die already.

thats just it.... These ARE NOT made for or intended for use on airsoft guns.......... yes there are some out there that are made for airsoft by airsoft companies but Hakko is not an airsoft comapny and never has been.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Were not too fond of the BED-24 either...

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:but Hakko is not an airsoft comapny and never has been.

Of course not they are knock off crooks...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#34]
aye, i can go for knock off crooks but they are still not airsoft ....... either way, the sight does its job for those not wanting to spend big bucks on a plinker gun........ Wish people would really let this topic die.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
thats just it.... These ARE NOT made for or intended for use on airsoft guns.......... yes there are some out there that are made for airsoft by airsoft companies but Hakko is not an airsoft comapny and never has been.

Look, it's just like when the antis use that "guns are designed to KILL" line. It's sort of indefensible because they've locked themselves into a pedantic argument that the scope was designed for a toy (which isn't even true itself)....disregarding the real topic.

The real topic is that for a gun being used in a non-critical way, say a plinker or range gun, the quality or durability of the scope isn't as important as it's functionality and economical advantage over an obviously much better, and more expensive duty-optic.

If the only purpose for a scope, or accessory, or gun for that matter is life-critical....then every rimfire is a "toy", every delicate target gun is "crap", and every accessory that will not withstand combat is a "joke". If a cheap accessory works well for us, we're lying. If it exceeds our expectations, we're idiots. If it saves us money, we are fools for not spending more.

We cannot convert antis who fight reason with irrational handwringing. You can't fight blowhard gun snobs, for their nature forbids acknowledging not everyone is a serious operator with never-ending pockets. We can't fight stupidity...but god damn if we can't make fun of it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#37]
My airsoft team has had great success using the Tacpoint. We win almost every battle and beat teams regularly who use the aimpoint or eotech.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I get a lot of joy showing up every day to slap around the morons that buy toys to put on their guns.

I get alot of joy making fun of people who buy the very best for their guns and use them as toys. Right back atcha, Rambo.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
My airsoft team has had great success using the Tacpoint. We win almost every battle and beat teams regularly who use the aimpoint or eotech.

You're not helping.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I get a lot of joy showing up every day to slap around the morons that buy toys to put on their guns.

I get alot of joy making fun of people who buy the very best for their guns and use them as toys. Right back atcha, Rambo.

No, you enjoy trolling this forum with your airsoft BS. Do you win every "Battle" with your Tacpoint also?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted: We can't fight stupidity...but god damn if we can't make fun of it.

Which is exactly what we are doing...

I have bought a lot of scopes (and kit in general) over the years - I dont begrudge anyone a value added scope - but IMHO the CRAPPOINT is a farce simple for it has been enginnered (copied?) so the exterior looks like an Aimpoint M2.

So the rock'em sock'em powerpuff paintballers and airsoft fruitcakes can get a secret squirel looking sight for their knockoff toy.
Thats what pisses me off.

Furthermore when some of us try to explain the buy cheap by twice (or thice cause some here won't learn the second time...) logic we get spat on for being gucci gear snobs.

Add in the MADE in RED CHINA and you go a system that is clearly more of a headache than it is worth.

-Cheers
Kevin

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#43]
If I break a BSA i have to buy another, if I break my Tacpoint i GET another free..... That alone is more value to me. Ive had the Tacpoint a  while and it has yet to break, while in that same time frame I have toasted 3 BSA red dots...... I have since stopped buying Walmart BSA sights..........
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#45]
I bought a shitty tacpoint and the dot goes out every time I fire. that is not normal - is it?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Chris I can guess...

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOU have no fucking clue what I use my guns for, so keep running your fucking mouth Pee Wee

Good job Lumpy, that punk does not seem to know when to shut up.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Does it exhibit this weird dot for everyone? What I'm asking is, are you sure you're eyes aren't bugging out...it happens to people with dot scopes sometimes.

Yeah, it's not the cheap ass Chinese knock-off Airsoft scope, it's your eyes.

I can see the ad now: "Buy a Tacpoint for $100 now and get 25% off your next laser eye surgery.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Chris I can guess...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top