Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 9:03:42 PM EDT
NEWS ANCHOR: This just in here in So Calif... There has been a puddle sighted in L.A. Major alert and all Emergency crews be on HIGH alert... Swift water rescue squads were shown checking their inflatable rafts on the news... Here is from our reporter in the Field... Bob?

BOB THE FIELD REPORTER: "Thanks Jane... we have just arrived on scene and I have confirmed that this is INDEED a 'PUDDLE'"

NEWS ANCHOR: Oh My!! has anyone been injured or hurt?

BOB THE FIELD REPORTER: "Jane? Did you just fucking hear me? I JUST SHOWED UP! How the hell would I know? Anyway This is MASS devestation! and mass hysteria! The puddle measures 2 feet by WOW almost THREE FEET!! So Cal officials are right now contacting FEMA for assistance with this enviormental massacre.

Seriously.... One drop of rain and this town loses its mind! Bunch of loons.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
i am so glad i know what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to see your feeling better, I think. What kind of meds are you on?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#3]
You actually stay awake at nights thinking this shyte up?

Sad thing is, I once lived in So. Cal..
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

care to let the rest of us in on it?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Been outside lately?

CW
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
NEWS ANCHOR: This just in here in So Calif... There has been a puddle sighted in L.A. Major alert and all Emergency crews be on HIGH alert... Swift water rescue squads were shown checking their inflatable rafts on the news... Here is from our reporter in the Field... Bob?

BOB THE FIELD REPORTER: "Thanks Jane... we have just arrived on scene and I have confirmed that this is INDEED a 'PUDDLE'"

NEWS ANCHOR: Oh My!! has anyone been injured or hurt?

BOB THE FIELD REPORTER: "Jane? Did you just fucking hear me? I JUST SHOWED UP! How the hell would I know? Anyway This is MASS devestation! and mass hysteria! The puddle measures 2 feet by WOW almost THREE FEET!! So Cal officials are right now contacting FEMA for assistance with this enviormental massacre.

NEWS ANCHOR: So Bob...what do you think caused this dangerous situation?

BOB THE FIELD REPORTER: Jane it would appear a white male (probally republican) armed with an assaulted weapon got out of his SUV, pointed (the assault weapon) at our victim who is an unemployed, recovering drug addict & rapist recently released from prison for a crime he did not commit who merely wanted to take the white males SUV off the road to protect the enviroment.  The sight of the assault weapon caused our victim to create the puddle.

NEWS ANCHOR: Is our victim being treated and are the police looking for the white male?

BOB THE FIELD REPORTER: Yes the victim has been transported by medical personal and will receive tax payer funded couseling, food and shelter! Mean while emergency personal will secure the puddle and have issued a APB to locate the white male.

Seriously.... One drop of rain and this town loses its mind! Bunch of loons. hr
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Move to Florida...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Mr fridge repair man, lets go back to the personal growth center, it's for the children.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

This town is SO lame... let me explain... It is now 11:13... and the news had spent 13 minutes on RAIN... Its JUST rain... NOT a blizzard... NOT an earthquake.... RAIN!!!

I lived in NY and a simple rain there was 5 times more powerful and there was NO SPECIAL REPORT on it...

ITS RAIN!!!!! Thats all and the news makes a whole stink out of it.

Fucking TARDS!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Well it is now 11:17 and they are back on the story of .... YUp.... you guessed it... RAIN!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Everyone talks about rain here in central Cali. because we only see it a few times a year. Our average is 10 inches a year and most of the valley is agriculture which tends to base itself on this wet stuff.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#12]
yeah.. but snorkel..they are not talking about snowpack, or res levels or aquifer levels..they are talking about the fact that water is falling from the sky and telling people to be safe... talking to you like a 3rd grader.  They take you to where it is wet.. put a bright light on so you can actually see the rain falling, then report on the fact that it is raining.

Then they flash to clips from earlier of the 50 rear endings and spinouts that happend.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
yeah.. but snorkel..they are not talking about snowpack, or res levels or aquifer levels..they are talking about the fact that water is falling from the sky and telling people to be safe... talking to you like a 3rd grader.  They take you to where it is wet.. put a bright light on so you can actually see the rain falling, then report on the fact that it is raining.

Then they flash to clips from earlier of the 50 rear endings and spinouts that happend.

DING DING DING!!! FINALLY!!! Someone who understands me!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Eh, the news warnings are necessary.On the occasion of rain and the average Californian goes out in it, their brains turn into liquid dog shit and they just HAVE to drive in it, of course, the subsequent multi-car pile-ups are a given.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

They lost their minds long before they saw rain in Southern California.  Something in that Pacific water at all those lovely beaches you guys have.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like here and snow
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Oh ya, Im not defending them at all. I know its stupid. Its just that people are suprised at things they dont see all the time. I knwo all the state is different but here its a desert, we were just in 95 degree weather last week. Kinda a weird switch.
But its damn good for the last couple weeks for deer season and waterfowl starts up here real quick. I hope it keeps going!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They lost their minds long before they saw rain in Southern California.  Something in that Pacific water at all those lovely beaches you guys have.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Them things is the water at the beach is bikini babes, they are here all year round.  Actually most of the time they aint in the water they're out where we can see them.  All Year.  You guys have bikini babes around all year don't You??

However the news usually goes way overboard about rain.  There are a few places where it really matters when we get it this hard this quick, the hills where it burned last summer tend to come down the street.  That and most of Orange County and a lot of LA County are freaking flat and can't drain after a heavy fog.  Most of the time it's all hype for the purpose of hyping their "service" to us.

I think all the newbies from the rest of the country forgot how to drive in the rain when they passed the Colorado River
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:38:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Tornados forming yet over hollywood?  I should call my dad, hes a 'climatologist'.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This town is SO lame... let me explain... It is now 11:13... and the news had spent 13 minutes on RAIN... Its JUST rain... NOT a blizzard... NOT an earthquake.... RAIN!!!

I lived in NY and a simple rain there was 5 times more powerful and there was NO SPECIAL REPORT on it...

Fucking TARDS!

I know what you're talking about.  I grew up in the MIDDLE of tornado alley in Oklahoma.  I now live in Charlotte, NC.  We get "thunderstorms" out here every now and then, NOTHING like the devastating storms in oklahoma.  And these clowns out here fucking FREAK out over it.  Dedicated coverage on the storm, and constantly updating on it.  A little hard rain, some "intense" lightning and these idiots just flip.  And of course the people that live here think the world is coming to an end.  I don't know what these meteorologists would do if they went out to Oklahoma during the summer.  Fucking hype it up for no reason.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking TARDS!

I know what you're talking about.  I grew up in the MIDDLE of tornado alley in Oklahoma.  I now live in Charlotte, NC.  We get "thunderstorms" out here every now and then, NOTHING like the devastating storms in oklahoma.  And these clowns out here fucking FREAK out over it.  Dedicated coverage on the storm, and constantly updating on it.  A little hard rain, some "intense" lightning and these idiots just flip.  And of course the people that live here think the world is coming to an end.  I don't know what these meteorologists would do if they went out to Oklahoma during the summer.  Fucking hype it up for no reason.

hell, growing up in KC I saw the same shit, and it just changed over time.  Little kid -- yay, thunderstorm....news won't say anything unless tornados are touching down.  By the time I left, they were flipping out every time there was even the theoretical possibility of a tornado being produced by "this storm system" .....even if the last time the system was big enough to produce a tornado was in mid kansas.....

Modern weather radar is almost more trouble than its worth -- it seems that all it really does is just add more eye candy for the sheeple to freak out about and the talking heads to use to help scare the sheeple.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Same in AZ.
It rains and everybody drives like an idiot.
They drive as though it is a -10 degree blizzard.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Lots of rain, lots of minor TCs.  Did get exciting last night when a palm frond  fell on the wires across the  street.  FFFLLAASSSSHHH AARRCC, booom, sszzt, no power about 30 secs and then it came back except for the foks with live wires in their yards.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#24]
An inch of rain, some waterspouts, a thunderstorm or three and the whole area turns to a state of chaos.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, I remember last year at about this time the CA guys telling us about the  "storm of the century" that the news people were warning about.  It was a rain storm... No, not a hurricane, a rain storm.   How much did it rain? Like 2 inches?

When the remnants of the hurricanes came through it rained here too!  Probably not 2 inches though. Damn.   I can only imagine the devastation.  OH THE HUMANITY!! God save them!

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
An inch of rain, some waterspouts, a thunderstorm or three and the whole area turns to a state of chaos.

I am fully armed awaiting looters and riots at the refugee processing centers set up by the UN/FEMA.

I AM ON STORMWATCH DAMN YOU! LET ME LIVE OUT MY SHTF WETDREAMS!!

HUMOR ME WILL YA?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#27]
It's been raining here all day. I never even saw a worried look on anyone's face (well, not because of the rain anyway). I remember what they were like in Tucson when I was in college - you'd think the friggin world was ending if it rained a little.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#28]
There were some big puddles here and there.

Across the street from my house.

In '38 you could have rowed the 6 miles from this same house to downtown Santa Ana.  Got some pics of that too.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I am doing consulting work out here in Pasadena and it is unbelievable how freaked out they are about this "major storm".  Half of the news-hour is dedicated to talking about the rain.  Yesterday they pointed out how one are had received .39 inch of rain in only 24 hours!  

Strange people for the most part.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Let us know when you open your door and see this - you can't row through it either!!!

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#31]
This area hadn't had rain for around 200 days.  The first drops probably seemed to resemble a flood, relatively speaking.  After 200 days people have forgetten to check the roof drains, especially dangerous on flat buildings.  Pumps for run-off haven't run for months and some failed.  Lots of soil around here is clay and doesn't absorb a lot of water and then nearly everything else is paved.  A little goes a long way here and then the fear grips people as they watch the relentless rainreports of rain.....that reminds me, I have to go check on the little mouse in the breezeway and see if he's high and dry.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top