Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 1:56:15 PM EDT
I cannot find the post of the infamous Goat Sucker, would anyone happen to have a link I can us please...

horse.gif
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
El Chupacabra lives
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this it?

animaltrial.com/goatsuckerbird.html

"Goatsucker Name given for a family of nocturnal birds of an order Goatsucker that includes, the frogmouth and the oil bird. They are medium-sized birds and are found it in temperate and tropical areas of both hemispheres.

The name Goatsucker is based on an ancient belief that these birds fed on goat's milk by night but their presence near such animals was no doubt due to the insects hovering about them. With their long the, pointed wings, weak feet, and small, wide gaping bills fringed with bristles , goat suckers have been called flying insect traps. Protected by brown, gray, and black coloring, and their lax and fluffy feathers render their flight almost noiseless.

In England goatssuckers are called the Nightjars . The whippoorwill is common in the Eastern United States. Unlike other birds its hibernates during the winter instead of migrating. Its body temperature drops from 102 Fahrenheit 26.5 Fahrenheit, its breathing slows, and its digestion ceases until the return of spring, which brings the insects that constitutes its diet. The larger 12 in. chuck-will's widow is found in the South and the poorwill 7 in. in the West. "
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#3]
No it is a creature found in Texas that looks like a kangaroo, but with K9 style teeth, no hair and
huge claws, stands and 3 feet tall...the post was on here a few days ago, but i cant find it anywhere now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top