Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2004 8:30:23 AM EDT
I know it's a $5 tax stamp, or something like that, but what's the process? Is it the same deal as getting licensed for an SBR/Machine gun? Anyone know the process? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It is the same process as for an SBR, it only requires a $5 tranfer tax.

So it also requires a CLEO signature?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is the same process as for an SBR, it only requires a $5 tranfer tax.

So it also requires a CLEO signature?

Unless you're a corporation.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, this SUCKS. I almost wish FL wasn't a ClassIII state, at least there'd be a reason   I couldn't own this stuff. Not a god damn person will sign off in my county. I know, I could incorperate. Whatever...I shouldn't have to...it's a matter of principle...and it sucks...and so do the CLEO's in Palm Beach County. FUCK THEM.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Dumb question of the day, what is AOW?

or I can google it, sorry.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#6]
AOW="Any Other Weapon"
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, I always need "any other weapon."  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#8]
why can you get one easier if your a corporation? security I would guess.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

AFAIK, a corporation is not a person and has no hands or face.  Hence, CLEO signoff and finger printing is not required.  

Plenty of knowledge and information on the M16 Full Auto Forums here on ARFcom.

ETA Link: ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=14

Sly
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Man, this SUCKS. I almost wish FL wasn't a ClassIII state, at least there'd be a reason   I couldn't own this stuff. Not a god damn person will sign off in my county. I know, I could incorperate. Whatever...I shouldn't have to...it's a matter of principle...and it sucks...and so do the CLEO's in Palm Beach County. FUCK THEM.

Welcome to my world
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#11]

I think it was originally so that strikebusting corporations would be able to outgun organized labor, and so that private companies could run training courses for the police.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AFAIK, a corporation is not a person and has no hands or face.  Hence, CLEO signoff and finger printing is not required.  

Sly

FWIW an officer of the corporation still has to pass the FDLE/FBI background check before receiving the weapon, same as when you buy any handgun/rifle.

Edited to add - the FBI/FDLE check is required only if you buy from a FFL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top