Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 8:13:50 AM EDT
original thread to see how things have changed: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=280770

South Dakota      
Rasmussen | 10/12 500 LV  
Thune (R) 49
Daschle (D) 49

Colorado
CNN/USAT/Glp|10/14-17 666 LV
Coors (R) 48
Salazar (D) 49

SUSA | 10/5-10/7 594 LV
Coors (R) 48
Salazar (D) 48

North Carolina
SurveyUSA | 10/15-17 621 LV  
Burr (R) 47
Bowles (D) 45

Oklahoma
Wilson Res | 10/15-17 500 LV
Coburn (R) 42
Carson (D) 39

South Carolina    
SUSA | 10/10-10/12 557 LV  
DeMint (R) 46
Tenenbaum (D) 43

Rasmussen | 10/6  500 LV  
DeMint (R) 49
Tenenbaum (D) 43

Florida
SurveyUSA | 10/15-17 596 LV  
Martinez (R) 49
Castor (D) 47

Alaska
KTUU | wk of 10/4
Murkowski (R) 45
Knowles (D) 48

Georgia
Zogby/AJC | 10/13-10/15 503 LV
Isakson (R) 53
Majette (D) 35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if current trends continue, the Republicans are on track to pick up 2 and maybe even 3 seats
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope Dasshole starts to sink.  That race is too close.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:28:46 AM EDT
[#2]
actually, iirc, Dashcle just GAINED momentum...the last poll looked better for Thune, didn' it?  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]
And now for the IMPORTANT information on these cantidates, their NRA PVF ratings:

South Dakota
Thune (R) A
Daschle (D) F+

Colorado
Coors (R) A
Salazar (D) D

North Carolina
Burr (R) A
Bowles (D) C-

Oklahoma
Coburn (R) A
Carson (D) A

South Carolina
DeMint (R) A
Tenenbaum (D) C

Florida
Martinez (R) A
Castor (D) F

Alaska
Murkowski (R) A
Knowles (D) B
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
actually, iirc, Dashcle just GAINED momentum...the last poll looked better for Thune, didn' it?  

the numbers have been jumping back and forth from +3 to -3 since Aug.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#5]
We hear nothing nationally on the SD race are the Democrats throwing Daschle to the dogs.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Thune and Dasshole had a debate on local TV last night . Thune kicked his butt.  Thune sited his liberal voting record over  the last 18 years on such things as abortion , raising taxes , Blocking Federal judge nominations. Thune stated the fact that Dasshole votes with Ted Kennedy and John Kerry 94% of the time . Thune said you can run away from your voting record but you cant hide its public record. Thune was razor sharp and on the attack. Dasshole sat there with a sour look on his face like he couldnt wait to get the hell out of  there .Thune had total command of the issues that matter
to most South Dakotans and would make a great Senator.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Guess the Pipkin vs Mikulski race from MD wasn't worth putting on the list?  

Sad if so cause he's a good pro gun guy.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#8]
How did Daschle get a "+" after his F? Should be a "-".

I donated to Thune. Would be great to kick Dasshole out.

Quoted:

I haven't even heard about this one. Does Pipkin stand a chance?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

i haven't heard of thing about this race.....?

added GA btw.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#10]
We need Alaska.  Come on Alaskans don't send that weenie down here to DC.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm really pulling for Thune in SD and Coors in CO. If we can only have two of those races, those are the two to get I think. I really think that the pro-RKBA side can do better than just two seats gained though.

Half of those Senate candidates are running in states with a strong pro-RKBA heritage against candidates who are clearly anti-gun. There are a lot of gun owners that need to get out and show the pollsters that the races aren't nearly as close as they are shown here.

Right now we have six Senate races (South Dakota, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, Colorado, Louisiana) where a pro-ban grabber is running against an anti-ban candidate. Every one of those races is tied or within the margin of error. Just playing the 50-50 odds, we should pick up 2-3 pro-gun votes in the Senate. If gun owners get out and get mobilized, we can push that over to the 3-4 or even the 4-5 range. Hell, there isn't any real reason we can't win all six since they are all up for grabs.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Alaska is looking pretty goo either way.

What we really need is North and South Carolina!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I WILL deliver SC to the GOP
NC is trending Burr (the republican).  since their one and only debate, Burr has made up around 11 points on Bowles.  i think Burr will be able to ride in on the President's coat tails.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I am torn in Alaska.

Its bullshit that the vacated seat was filled with the governers daughter.  WTF is that?

Its bullshit how she got her seat.  Fucking given to her like a gift from her daddy. I'll still vote for her, but it is fucking bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am torn in Alaska.

Its bullshit that the vacated seat was filled with the governers daughter.  WTF is that?

Its bullshit how she got her seat.  Fucking given to her like a gift from her daddy. I'll still vote for her, but it is fucking bullshit.

But, is she any good at what she does? This next election will determine if she is a legitimate leader.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Florida
Martinez (R) 49
Castor (D) 47

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#17]

I am torn in Alaska.

Its bullshit that the vacated seat was filled with the governers daughter. WTF is that?

Its bullshit how she got her seat. Fucking given to her like a gift from her daddy. I'll still vote for her, but it is fucking bullshit.

Same thoughts...  Wouldn't be caught dead voting for Big Tony...  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Florida
Martinez (R) 49
Castor (D) 47

and as an added bonus Mel doing well in the polls bodes extremely well for President Bush
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Alaska is not looking good either way Knowles has no backbone and couldn't trust him to keep breathing if I needed him to.  He should stay in Anchorage making sandwiches like he does now.

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am torn in Alaska.

But, is she any good at what she does? This next election will determine if she is a legitimate leader.

Yes she is.  I will never forget the first time I saw her in person she was walking around talking to people at a gunshow.  I am not torn like Sylvan is Alaska has always practiced nepotism IIRC back in the early 80's a Democratic Governor awarded a chairmanship or some other cabinet level seat to his wife.  In the recent case it did look bad but I don't think that Gov Murkowski would just give something like a senate seat to someone if he didn't think it was best for the state.  In her time as US Senator she already has a better attendance record than her father and Rep Young.  I don't think this election will be won or lost based on her record like it should.  If she looses it will be because people are angry with her father.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Lisa Murkowski is a good senator.

Burr is getting the message out in NC.

Lousiana looks good.

So does SC.

That would be THREE pro gun pickups.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't forget Nethercutt/Murray in Washington.

We are keeping GA bigtime!

We need to keep CO.

We NEED COBURN TO WIN IN OK!

We need FL too.

Suppose we win in FL and, somehow, WA- we get two MORE pro gun votes.

We will lose IL but Fitzgerald was never pro gun despite being an (R)

CRC
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#22]
THE MAKEUP OF THE SENATE WILL DETERMINE WHAT PRO GUN LEGISLATION WE CAN PASS NEXT CONGRESS
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Of all the races I think South Dakota is the most important.  Good luck Thune!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey guys this look good... if anything. At a minimum it will be a helpful fall position just in case W can't overcome all of the voting fraud being perpetrated. We need as much help we can get from the Senate.

Not to hi-jack the thread... but for you folks in the vote early states, how is one prevented from voting multiple times?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i haven't heard of thing about this race.....?

added GA btw.

To describe her is to think Ja-wa reject from the Star Wars movies.

As far as I can tell he's gaining in the polls here, but she's such an entrenched liberal in this state it will take a miracle to rid the Senate of her.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Mikulski such a sexy senator!

CAN YOU SAY UGLY?????

CRC
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Of all the races I think South Dakota is the most important.  Good luck Thune!!!

agreed. knocking off the minority leader would be a HUGE coup for the GOP
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

agreed. knocking off the minority leader would be a HUGE coup for the GOP

+1 on that.

We in Florida are doing our part as well.

Florida
Martinez (R) A
Castor (D) F
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:13:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Don't forget Nethercutt/Murray in Washington.

Our guy was down by 19 in the last survey and down in cash too... I sent him $25 anyway.

We are keeping GA bigtime!

Yes; but we need to gain some seats

We need to keep CO.

Definitely - and Pete Coors looks to be much better than Campbell was on guns. The guy was an NRA member over 20 years ago, so he isn't just talking politics and made some very strong pro-RKBA comments to the local paper (repeal of Lautenberg, repeal of 1934 NFA, repeal of Brady). We could use someone like that in the Senate.

We NEED COBURN TO WIN IN OK!

GOA calls this the most important Senate race in 2004. I'm not sure I agreee; but this is definitely the other hardcore pro-RKBA candidate in the race besides Coors.

We need FL too.

I'm hoping. Can the FDCC deliver Florida for us?

O and on Louisiana, you have to remember they have the screwy runoff system. Vitter looks real strong now because the Dem candidates are splitting their vote three ways; but unless Vitter wins by over 50% (currently at 43%), there will be a runoff against the leading Dem candidate and 43% won't win a runoff election.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top