Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2004 4:14:11 PM EDT
I just started the other day selling some old crap thats been laying around the house on ebay. And I must say....I am happy with the results. This is a great way to get rid of stuff and make a little cash on the side.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just started the other day selling some old crap thats been laying around the house on ebay. And I must say....I am happy with the results. This is a great way to get rid of stuff and make a little cash on the side.

They are EXTEREMELY anti-gun.

Bob
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

So are most universities - doesn't mean you shouldn't take advantage of it when it's in your interest IMO.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

So are most universities - doesn't mean you shouldn't take advantage of it when it's in your interest IMO.

+1
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

yeah but they still let me put a SKS stock up for sale hug.gif
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes ebay is anti gun.  I have listed a half dozen items on EE over the last 4 weeks, and have yet to even get an offer.  All of it would have sold in 3 days on ebay probably for more than I was asking on ee.

Ebay sucks, but hands down, they are the best online source to sell stuff.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I decided to try my luck a few weeks ago and listed a new Otis M4 cleaning kit on Ebay - within 2 days it was ended for a firearms violation.  I can just see it now, drive by shooting on a preschool by a crazed maniac with a boresnake and copper solvent

I relisted it as being for an Airsoft rifle and they let it stay, it didn't sell though.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Wait until you get the bill before you get all excited. Between listing fees, selling fees and taking payments via PayPal, it's easy for a 'good' deal to turn out not-so-good once you finish tallying the co$$t.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Wait until you get the bill before you get all excited. Between listing fees, selling fees and taking payments via PayPal, it's easy for a 'good' deal to turn out not-so-good once you finish tallying the co$$t.

well no paypal fees for transfer to my bank account as long as the buyer doesnt use a credit card. and as far as ebay fees they are not that bad. after shipping and fees i will have about a 80% profit from the stuff I just sold.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Ebay keeps going downhill my last dealings there were bad.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Don't forget the "final value fee". I sold a motorcycle for parts for $64 once. The auction cost was $25 plus extra pictures and all that, and when the auction ended, I got hit up with ANOTHER $25 for the "final value fee" which made my entire profit less than $14 bucks. Pretty shitty if you ask me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I have made an exel spreadsheet to track my earnings through ebay. after I sell a few more items I will post a report.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

yup
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I posted this in the cheap hobbies thread, but I have 2 friends who have evolved Ebay into a real money maker. One sells used tools (quailty names and vintage) and militaria and the other does vintage clothing, specailizing in vintage denim.

They both make big $$$. One cleared over 35k last year working 4 days a week, and only 5-7 hours those days. They get all the items they sell from flea markets, yard sales, thrift shops, and pawn shops.

Its easy enough. Pick a subject that will sell halfway decent and that you know about or have an interest in, then look back at all the past auctions and research what sells and what techniques work. the key is never paying much for anything, so if it doesn't sell your not out anything. My friend that does vintage clothing finds used jeans for $1-5 and gets $50-300 or even more from them, usually to buyers in asia.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget the "final value fee". I sold a motorcycle for parts for $64 once. The auction cost was $25 plus extra pictures and all that, and when the auction ended, I got hit up with ANOTHER $25 for the "final value fee" which made my entire profit less than $14 bucks. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

The final value fee only applies to ebay motors and then only to some catagories.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#16]
You can make more working at taco hell cleaning toilets.

Kidding.

You can make some good bucks selling stuff which I use the money off of to subsidize my collection which consists of a 10.22 and .357
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I sold my Gibson Les Paul for $3000.

I sold Joe Walsh from the Eagles his prized Gonset Ham radio!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I sold my Gibson Les Paul for $3000.

I sold Joe Walsh from the Eagles his prized Gonset Ham radio!

Joe Walsh kicks ass. I need to send him a QSL card I worked him a while ago.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#19]
ive made thousands on ebay. just like any other business you gotta figure in your expenses before you price out the items. if your smart you make the buyer absorb all the fee's.....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I made about 1500 bucks in August cleaning out my garage. It's amazing what people are willing to buy.

I have now opened up an Ebay store for my artwork.   I have not sold anything yet but afterX-mas I'm going to work on some smaller sculptures and see how it goes.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#21]
i think ebay got too big for it's own good, hence all the new lame ass rules.  i have bought some cool things on there, and have sold a lot of stuff on there.  the good out weighs the bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top