Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2004 2:12:16 PM EDT
Wife_of_a_Wes_Freak  (1000+ posts)      Tue Oct-12-04 10:39 PM
Original message
My 13yr old daughter came up with a brilliant pro-choice counterargument

Her very liberal science teacher opened up the classroom for a 20 minute debate on "Should Abortion be Legal?" My daughter pipes up that while she's personally against it, she is more against other peoples' views being forced on the rest of the country. The regular arguments ensued about a fetus being a life, and that life has rights too. So she said:

"Mr. Terry, you taught us last week that an egg is a living thing, right?"

He responds that she is correct and she goes on.

"And sperm is a living thing too, right?"

Again, and affirmative response. She winds up and pitches:

"Well, if a fetus is a living thing, and sperm is a living thing, then the two are equal. Therefor, if abortion is outlawed, then men shouldn't be allowed to masturbate, because they are killing a living thing with potential to be a life."

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Original message

Her very liberal science teacher opened up the classroom for a 20 minute debate on "Should Abortion be Legal?" My daughter pipes up that while she's personally against it, she is more against other peoples' views being forced on the rest of the country. The regular arguments ensued about a fetus being a life, and that life has rights too. So she said:

"Well, if a fetus is a living thing, and sperm is a living thing, then the two are equal. Therefor, if abortion is outlawed, then men shouldn't be allowed to masturbate, because they are killing a living thing with potential to be a life."

She says that because she ain't a guy.  No male would ever say that.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
A sperm does not have the potential to become an intelligent life form by itself, nor does an egg. Hence the nature of sexual reproduction. I would say that the 13-year-old girl needs to re-take health class.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
great I've committed genocide
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Following that logic then women should not be allowed to have their period because a "living" egg get's flushed out of their body during their monthly cycle.  Besides, sperm by it's self isn't a viable life form and neither is an egg by it's self, it's only when the two come together inside the womb that they become a viable life form if allowed to come to full term.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#5]
hahahahhahahahahahhahahahah
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn slow ass site,LOL.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#8]
rHey, I was just granting them their freedom.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
rHey, I was just granting them their freedom.  

Just wait until they meet up with an egg and you get a swarm of  sewer babies crawling out of your toilet,LOL.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't be too hard on her, she's only 13. If some adult bought this, then ... wow ...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey, those sperm willingly give their lives every day to keep me happy and relaxed!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Murder or not, when I get DSB (delayed sperm backup), those guys are coming out.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
A sperm does not have the potential to become an intelligent life form by itself, nor does an egg. Hence the nature of sexual reproduction. I would say that the 13-year-old girl needs to re-take health class.

I'm not so sure about that, I've seen some people that weren't near as bright as your average sperm.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
great I've committed genocide

lol. Yer a Weapon of Mass Destruction, son!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not so sure about that, I've seen some people that weren't near as bright as your average sperm.

Heh. I guess you're right.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#17]
A young normal male produces about 250 million sperm for each ejaculation. A young normal male may be able to ejaculate three to five times or more in a single day.

Hmmm....I wonder how many TRILLIONS I've murdered....
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#18]
[mr.burns] Smithers, Release the HOunds[/mr.burns]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#19]
We're all murders then. Whether you've ever laid a hand to your member (who hasn't?)... your body periodically has wet dreams that release the sperm.

As for me... I am "fixed", so no sperm leaves my body. It just flows out of the broken pipeline and gets absorbed...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#20]
A neighbor had the best pro-life argument ever:

If there is no moral difference between abortion late in the pregnancy and abortion early, then why not take that position to it's logical conclusion:  every egg is sacred.  An unfertilized egg is a crime against god.  Therefore, the only way to be truly pro-life is for everyone to start having sex much younger and much more frequently.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hey, those sperm willingly give their lives every day to keep me happy and relaxed!

whoa! They are REAL heros!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Original message

I'll bet she kills one of her eggs on a once a month basis.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#23]
So Poking the gf in her Pooper and Posting Pictures is PROHIBITED?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#24]
her comment seems to be intended to be anti abortion, yet the post makes sure to say the teacher is a liberal. liberals are for abortion so why would she make an anti arbortion argument to him?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top