Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2004 1:57:51 PM EDT
Is there now any doubt that Rossi is the best (at least of his era)? I really thought Sete would win the title at the start of this season, but Rossi proved me and many wrong. The last lap yesterday was fantastic.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Rossi is incredible!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't see it. Don't have cable. Rely on web sites and mags for road racing news. But there was NO doubt in my mind that it'd be him from the start of the season. When he can hop on a new, untested bike (Yamaha) that performed mediocre last year, and still spank the competition -- that's the proof that he is "the man". It will be interesting to see him battle Mladin at Laguna Seca next year. As much as I hate to say it, the American will be getting spanked.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It will be interesting to see him battle Mladin at Laguna Seca next year. As much as I hate to say it, the American will be getting spanked.  

He won't be facing Mladin at Laguna unless Mladin jumps on a wildcard MotoGP bike...you are thinking of SBK where a lot of our AMA guys used to ride at Laguna before the spec tire...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm... you may be correct. There is some blurb in the latest issue of Motorcyclist about him and Matt racing at Seca. Must've been tongue-in-cheek...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
On a related note... I REALLY want to get that movie "Faster". Can't find it locally. Will probably have to order the dang thing off the net. Supposed be awesome! I have the Isle of Man 2003 TT DVD and love that, but Faster looks pretty cool from the trailers I've seen...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I did not see it, wish I had DVR'd it!  On another note, we here in B'ham were poised to get Moto GP right here, at what is unquestionably the most outstanding track today, and the WORLD'S premier Motorcycle museum, but typical Birmingham politics took over, and to Laguna Seca it goes.  Bastards!  Look to the link to see about Barber's, our track and museum, if you are not initiated.
www.barbermuseum.org/
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I did not see it, wish I had DVR'd it!  On another note, we here in B'ham were poised to get Moto GP right here, at what is unquestionably the most outstanding track today, and the WORLD'S premier Motorcycle museum, but typical Birmingham politics took over, and to Laguna Seca it goes.  Bastards!  Look to the link to see about Barber's, our track and museum, if you are not initiated.
www.barbermuseum.org/

Barber is an awesome track, but I'm not sure MotoGP would be the that good there. Yesterday in Australia they were hitting 210 mph down the end of the straight...I think what they should have done was fixed up Road America, where the MotoGP bikes would really show their stuff...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.barbermuseum.org/

Barber is an awesome track, but I'm not sure MotoGP would be the that good there. Yesterday in Australia they were hitting 210 mph down the end of the straight...I think what they should have done was fixed up Road America, where the MotoGP bikes would really show their stuff...

You have a point.  I saw the Superbikes there, and I think the straightaway would only accommodate about 130 mph.  But I want Moto GP HERE!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top