Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2004 9:58:46 AM EDT
In another thread www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=285229, we learned that CNN has reported the Russian President Vladimir Putin has endorsed George W. Bush for re-election.

This obviously shoots enormous holes in John Kerry's claim that world leaders want him to win, and that John Kerry is going to unite the world to back us in Iraq. Mr. Putin's endorsement has essential ripped the Cornerstone out of John Kerry's platform.

Here is my question:

Is this the October Surprise or not?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Look for pics of kerry partisipating in, pissing on and burnng the American flag, thats what i've herd, if any one can confirm or deny please do.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#2]
That would kill his chances for getting elected!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Look for pics of kerry partisipating in, pissing on and burnng the American flag, thats what i've herd, if any one can confirm or deny please do.

God that would be both awesome and infuriating at the same time
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know if it is or not, but it certainly can't be good for sKerry and Edwards.

One thing a lot of World leaders LIKE about Bush is that they do know where he stands, that in itself is a good thing.

Right now Kerry is like a fly in a microwave: Buzzing incessantly when the heat is on, but with nowhere to go, and trying hard to avoid the inevitable.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#5]
That may be so, but other world leaders prefer Kerry:

straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/latest/story/0,4390,278796,00.html

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Lordy...we can only pray for such to happen!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That may be so, but other world leaders prefer Kerry:

straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/latest/story/0,4390,278796,00.html

"Malaysia's former prime minister has urged Muslims in America to vote for US Senator John Kerry in the Nov 2 presidential election, saying President George W. Bush has been 'the cause of the tragedies' across the Muslim world."

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know if it is possible to email Putin and than him?

Yes I am serious.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't call it an October surprise.  Putin has a whole school full of reasons to hate terrorists and he knows that Kerry will not even be helpful in the war on terror, much less will Kerry be an active participant.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't think Putin is the surprise. In fact I don't really think there is a surprise at all. Seems like a sneaky way to get the dems to cut their own throats trying to defend against everything Bush says for fear that it is the surprise.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Do you honestly think American voters will give a Rats Ass who Putin endorses?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It's the context that makes it significant. Putin clearly views W as dealing more strongly with terrorists. On the other hand, as my link indicated, at least one former world leader sympathetic to the terrorists prefers Kerry.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That would kill his chances for getting elected!

I doubt it....most of the asswipes who are voting for him would consider it a privilege to do the same.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Skerry doesn't care about the Putin endorsement...all he cares about is what Chirac says...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the context that makes it significant. Putin clearly views W as dealing more strongly with terrorists. On the other hand, as my link indicated, at least one former world leader sympathetic to the terrorists prefers Kerry.

I think your dreaming. Putins endorsement means absolutley nothing to 99.9% of Americans.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yes, I do. John Kerry has claimed that President Bush's "go it alone aproach to Iraq" has alienated our allies and caused us to lose credibility with the rest of the world. Well, the leader of one of the most powerful nations in the world, and a permenant member of the UN Security council, and a nation that opposed our war in Iraq has come out and endorsed President Bush for President. This sinks John Kerry's arguement that he will succeed where President Bush has failed in international relations.

Add to this the fact that the German Forgein Minister has stated that "no German troops will set foot in Iraq" and the fact that Jacques Chirac said while in Vietnam that "France is positioned to challenge America's dominance in the world stage", and John Kerry's presidental platform now has no legs left to stand on!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I do.

Pure Fantasy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think your dreaming. Putins endorsement means absolutley nothing to 99.9% of Americans.

I hope not. I hope that it will impress people who see Russia as going through their own 9/11 during the school tragedy. I would think that some would consider Bush and Putins situations similar, and see that Putin understands what our President has went through, and decisions he had to make.

I could be wrong though...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I do.

Pure Fantasy.

If you are going to quote me, then please be a man an include my entire remark. Don't try and edit my remarks to spin my statments.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't know about the public, but I think Putin's endorsement is important. So will politicians. It's an important step in building a powerful allience against anti-western terror operations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top