Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2004 7:54:43 AM EDT
I have a good friend at work. I never knew his stance on firearms. He fishes a lot and owns a shotgun, so I thought he would be more pro-gun. But I never asked. Over the course of the last couple of months, I've been able to work side by side with him for 5 weeks. I've really liked it and we've had a lot of political and firearms related discussions. (I know, get back to work), but he's semi pro-Kerry (just hates that we evaded Iraq and has liberal tendencies) and I found out that he knows nothing about firearms laws or firearms realities. He's listened to the brady bunch crowd for too long.

So here's the good part, like I said, he's a really good person and I appreciate having him as a co-worker, but to a point, I've turned him around. He's said the usual, "Well, only criminals have uzi's" and "aren't assault weapons used by all drug dealers and criminals?". I have countered all of his beliefs and told him the truth. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him fact after fact. It was like the kid who found out that Santa Claus isn't really a live person. He was LIED too! and he realized it. Now he's pissed at our anti-2nd amendment laws.

And, I've got him up in the air about Kerry too. He'll "probably" still vote for him, but maybe not. I've enlightened him on the facts about the real Kerry, Bush and why we are really in Iraq. His kid hates Bush and want's him out and that's why he's leaning towards Kerry, but I'm not that sure, my friend will be voting for Kerry now. I've got a couple of weeks to get him to vote for Nadar if not for Bush.

Educate my brothers and sisters, it's the only way we'll win this soft war against our rights.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Even if he does vote Kerry you may have changed him enough that his vote in ;08 might be more conservative.

So you did good.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Holy crap! How did you get 20,000 posts!

Highjacked my own thread.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

why, the new sgtar15 bot, of course!

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:31:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

he's a post whore.

TXL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top