Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 7:07:37 AM EDT
It has been brought to my attention that the word "Wi**a is a racist word.  the "*" stands for "G" btw.

SO I ask you.

Is this  a racist term?  

When did it become one?

And who is it racist towards?  

And does anyone have an "offical" list of words that are considered racist in todays america?

Just trying to learn.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTL
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Deep down inside you know it when you hear it ...or say it...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the word WIGGA?
I've heard of WIGGER, which is a white guy trying to act like a black guy.

EDIT: IBTL
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:10:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I think wigga means white trash. Least thats what they look like to me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:11:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yeah, as I underrstand it is a word used to describe urban white boys pretending to be black.

How is that racist?

Is it wrong to use ANY descriptive words concerning people in todays America??

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm midly curious about that myself.

I've never been able to figure out if that is supposed to be a derogatory term to refer to a) white trash in general, b) white people who act like gangbangers, or if it's not relaly a derogatory term at all, but just refers to white kids that try to be cool with the styles and mannerisms of more sterotypical "black" culture.

... but it'll probably just be an IBTL
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:13:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm midly curious about that myself.

I've never been able to figure out if that is supposed to be a derogatory term to refer to a) white trash in general, b) white people who act like gangbangers, or if it's not relaly a derogatory term at all, but just refers to white kids that try to be cool with the styles and mannerisms of more sterotypical "black" culture.

... but it'll probably just be an IBTL

I wopuld call you euro-trash Doc, but it could also be seen as racist.

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't know, but you'd better stand clear of the dreaded word "niggardly".
Oh yeah, IBTL
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, as I underrstand it is a word used to describe urban white boys pretending to be black.

How is that racist?

Is it wrong to use ANY descriptive words concerning people in todays America??

SGatr15

I guess it could be taken as racist... Because if the white guy is trying to act/dress/be just like his role model black rap artist, and you call him a Wigga(Wigger) it makes him a white n*****. If said like that, it is inappropriate because you've basically just called every african american that might dress like that a very bad word.

Oh and IBTL
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:15:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I would be rather irited if this thread got locked.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I almost got killed by a wi**a. That dirty low-down good-for-nothing-bastard(15 yrs old)!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#13]
The term is compound of white and niggar. It is used for people who are white, but adopt the urban black culture, or white people who act like "niggars".

Yes, it is a racial slur. Even if directed at a white person, it is still an insult at blacks! Think about it.

"You are a wiggar" really means "You are a white boy who acts like a niggar".
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#14]
To the man, we're all wiggahz!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
To the man, we're all wiggahz!

The man is keeping me down.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The term is compound of white and niggar. It is used for people who are white, but adopt the urban black culture, or white people who act like "niggars".

Yes, it is a racial slur. Even if directed at a white person, it is still an insult at blacks! Think about it.

Wow, I guess I have been overseas too long, I've never even heard the term before.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Not me I'm a ginny.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:24:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

How?  Exactly who am I insulting?  The white?  The blacks?  The Muslims?

WHO??

Since when is it a bad thing to call people by what they are???
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I wopuld call you euro-trash Doc, but it could also be seen as racist.

SGat1r5

I dunno - I don't THINK anyone could get locked for that on arfcom.  People have even called me German or Swedish without being locked for it!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#20]
I told you privately it's a racist term, now you have public confirmation.  Locked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top