Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2004 6:15:56 AM EDT
Well saturday morning, I got home from work, and cleaned the house while I was waiting for a potential roomie to show up (no show go figger).  Anyways to make a long story short, I stayed up till 11pm before I went to bed, then slept till 6:30 pm the following day (Sunday).  about 9:30 or so I got this monster migraine that wouldn't go away.  I tried going to bed about 10 pm, but ended up staying up and watching movies.  From the space of 6:30 to 10 on sunday, I had two cigarettes, and had dinner.  I didn't have anymore cigarettes till 7 this morning, but I did suck down two asprin and two full glasses of water.  My headache is starting to wane a little bit, wich is good because I need to grab a nap before work tonight.  So far this morning I've had three cigarettes, a couple of doughnuts, and a large black strong coffee.  My headache felt like a constant brain freeze.  WTF could have caused it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:17:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a lot of sleep!!!  Dehydration can definitely give you a headache.  Can you touch your chin to your chest (or come close) without a great deal of pain?  If you can, take a couple of Advil Migraine and a couple of Tylenol with a bunch of water.  If you can't, call your doctor or stop in at your local ER or minor emergency clinic.

(ETA, I'm not a doctor, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last Friday night.)

(Edited again to add, if you're built in such a way that one or more of your chins normally rests on your chest anyway, disregard the above question.)
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:39:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I can touch my chin to my chest with no increase in pain.  Yeah I know that was a lot of sleep, but you have to figure by the time I had gone to bed, I was up for 29 hours.  It's pretty bad, once a month or so I will pull a 48-72 hour stint with no sleep.  I don't know why, but there are periods where I just do not sleep.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:47:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe this is the cause:
HERE
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Maybe this is the cause:
HERE

dude, can we get a "warning: graphic image next time" .. I  was right in the middle of LUNCH lol.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top