Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2004 4:39:21 AM EDT
My wife and I stopped to get gas at a station that happened to be right across the road from the local Democratic campaign HQ.
We are at the pump that is right in front of the exit to this place.
Sitting in front of the door are two very nice looking Harleys.
The wife goes off to use the bathroom and I am there pumping gas.
The owners of the bikes come out of the place and proceed to start to gear up.
I make a comment about how nice their bikes are, they say thanks.
Then I get real smart, I comment " Yea, but they are really dangerous"
"They should ban those things or at least start regulating them more."
The one guy says "What do you mean?"
I reply "They are dangerous, people get hurt on them driving too fast, they are loud and cause noise pollution, and they serve no practical purpose."
By now, I had the attention of both of them.
I continue on "They should limit the time of day that you can ride to only sunny afternoons, the amount of gas you can put in your gas tank, and I think they should make you take classes every year in order to keep them."
"I think there should be a limit to the number of bikes you purchase a year, because if you wreck one, you should wait at least one month before you can buy another one."
"I think you guys should have to buy special insurance and specail places to keep them locked up at, because it is so easy for them to get stolen."
"Yep, those things should be banned."
Bu now they are both really fumming and getting ready to cross the road and kick my butt all over the place.
The other guy yells back "Well, your not in charge and nobody will support you anyway."
I repled back "Maybe so, but there are statistics that will prove it and all it will take is to convice enough people that it is dangerous and your little toys are history".
He says "That will never happen, nobody will listen to you."
I say "All I have to do is convice a few soccer moms, a few insurance companies and the lobbying can begin. It is only a matter of time."
The first guy then says "What have you got against bikes? What have we done to hurt you?"
"We are law abiding riders, we stay out of trouble, we don't hurt anyone"
"Why do you have a problem with our bikes"
I reply "I have no problems with your bikes. I ride myself and I'm a member of ABATE"
"Why does your candidate for president have such a problem with my firearms?"
You could have heard a pin drip as I got in the car.
My wife asks me "What was that all about?"
I reply "Oh, nothing dear. I'm just trying to make a few converts, that's all".
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:45:51 AM EDT
[#1]
how likely this actualyy happened= .0000000000000000000000000001%
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:47:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting approach
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:58:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Just to refresh your memory, Liddy Dole was to motorcycles (during her stint at DOT) as Schumer is to guns.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top