User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2004 9:24:11 PM EDT
bout time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Doh-Ohh

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Now all they gotta do is win 3 more, right???
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
YES YES YES YES YES YES! 5 hours game. The first team since the 1910 Cubs to force a Game 5 from a 0-3 in the post season! YEAH BABY!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Has any team down 3-0 ever taken it to 7 games???
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Yankees are such a cool team... they GAVE that game to the Botox. Yankees are a class act... they didnt want the RedSox fans to feel 100% bad... tomorrow though.. yanks will finish them off.

Billllllllllllllll Buuuuuuuuuuuuuucknerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... 1986.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yankees are such a cool team... they GAVE that game to the Botox. Yankees are a class act... they didnt want the RedSox fans to feel 100% bad... tomorrow though.. yanks will finish them off.

Funny, that's not what the faces of the Yankees looked like.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Go Sox!  F the Yank-me's..............and all their fair weather fan base.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They were tired and bored. Yawn. Actually I am busting balls. I am an Angels fan first. i dont care who goes to the WS... as long as the American League team wins, Im happy.

One of my best friends is from Boston and I give him hell all the time... first that his state produced John sKerry and he is a Botox fan.

He was BORN in Long Island, Raised in Boston and Stationed in South Carolina.

Its funny to hear him say "Pahk the Cah in the garaaage..... Y'all"

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They were tired and bored. Yawn. Actually I am busting balls. I am an Angels fan first. i dont care who goes to the WS... as long as the American League team wins, Im happy.

One of my best friends is from Boston and I give him hell all the time... first that his state produced John sKerry and he is a Botox fan.

He was BORN in Long Island, Raised in Boston and Stationed in South Carolina.

Its funny to hear him say "Pahk the Cah in the garaaage..... Y'all"

Yeah I figured, real Yankees fans are vindictive and mean.

I'm originally from Massachusetts, southeast of Boston. Now I'm in Mississippi and I'm picking up a slight accent from my North Carolinan friend. It is a weird mix of accents
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#10]
great game! but i hate the sox!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Great Game!  But could really care less between the 2.  GO CARDS!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Has any team down 3-0 ever taken it to 7 games???

i dont think so.

it would be nice to see boston do it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they're good actors......

but I think it was to prolong their agony, before we finish them off.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Go Sox!  F the Yank-me's..............and all their fair weather fan base.

Amen

I grew up 20 miles west of Boston, and I've been trapped in NY for 12 years now(I'm not counting the 2 spent electively in NY in college.) I have nothing but blind hometown alliegence, I'll always root for the Sox, but I'm tired of the abject humiliation I suffer EVERY year when the get close, choke and go down in flames. When I make the mistake of gl;oating when it looks like they're gonna pull it off, I get kicked in the nuts every time. I have to sit in silence in bars, at friend's houses and at work. When it starts looking up, I used to cheer and trash talk with the Yankee fans, only to have ir CONSISTENTLY stuffed back in my face. If this was a chick she would have been dumped years ago. I don't even really hold out hope anymore. I'm happy with the teams consistently good finishes. I think the wildcard spot is bullshit, but whatever they gotta do to add more games/$$$ to the franchises.

It hurts.

What's worse is that my kids wear Yankee jerseys. And I'm not stupid, he should. I don't want my kid getting his ass kicked at school.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Shoot man, being a Red Sox fan is true allegance. Or maybe we're just stupid. Probably both. Actually, no matter how you put it, the Sox are one of the best teams in baseball.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Shoot man, being a Red Sox fan is true allegance. Or maybe we're just stupid. Probably both. Actually, no matter how you put it, the Sox are one of the best teams in baseball.

No shit... a streak that has NEVER been broken....
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit... a streak that has NEVER been broken....

LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top