Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2004 7:32:19 PM EDT
Just finished watching part 1 of the Farscape miniseries, and I want to say that it ROCKED!  Never saw Rygel becoming pregnent coming, and the revelation that the Peacekeeper are human decendents just blew me away!  That was by far the best written scifi show on TV.  Better that Firefly, IMHO.  (I liked Firefly, too BTW)  SciFi Channel really screwed up when they cancelled this one.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, saw it, too. Pretty good movie. Great series, too. Too bad about Jool, though. She was looking kinda hot after going native. If the movie doesn't wrap up all the loose ends from the series, then I'd have to say SciFi either screwed the pooch or has a follow on series up its sleeve. Maybe?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a movie!!!??
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
its not a movie, its a new series, the peice keeper wars
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy shit i didnt even know it was going to be on i thought it started in November.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Pfft - I call dupey-dupe on you slowpokes  

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Pfft - I call dupey-dupe on you slowpokes  

You just said "dupey-dupe"... really you did...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Holy shit i didnt even know it was going to be on i thought it started in November.

They're about to start showing it again - at 1:00 E/ 12:00 C
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I never got into the farscape thing, I know someone who thinks its the most powerful one though
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're about to start showing it again - at 1:00 E/ 12:00 C

Awesome got my DVR set up to record it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:12:39 AM EDT
[#10]
That was so good I watched it twice!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:31:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That was so good I watched it twice!

+1

I'll be at work when they play and replay the next part tho.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:51:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:26:50 AM EDT
[#13]
"SURRENDER OR DIE!"

" My name is Scorpius, not Harvey."

"You're in my head. When you're the voice in my head, your name is Harvey."

The old hag having to taste each crystal the Rygel puked up to see whos body it belonged to was classic.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:35:29 AM EDT
[#14]
But how do you think it is going to end? Do you think that Chriton and Aeryn will end up better off or worse off than they were in the series finale?

BTW...this is probably one of the best Sci-Fi movies/shows I have seen. It has exceeded all of my expectations so far!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:06:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Crighton is gonna get fed up, say Fuckit and open a couple big whoopass wormholes to suck down the assembled command carriers and dreadnaughts. Either that or he's gonna stuff a couple nukes in poor 1812 and send it on it's merry way to make the rounds of the battle fleet.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
But how do you think it is going to end? Do you think that Chriton and Aeryn will end up better off or worse off than they were in the series finale?

BTW...this is probably one of the best Sci-Fi movies/shows I have seen. It has exceeded all of my expectations so far!

If they are hoping/planning to make a second miniseries, it might be somewhat unresolved (I THINK I temember there being talk of possibly more than one miniseries - but I could be wrong).

If they are certain that this is the last gasp of the series, I bet it will have a happy ending - at least for Chricton and Aeryn.  After all, the whole series has become this epic love-story about the two of them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:23:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Dumped the first part to dvd and have it here at work so I can edit out all the commericals and reburn it on dvd.  Recording the second part tonight .  

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

" My name is ScorpiusI would prefer to be called Albert (Einstein), not Harvey."

"You're in my head. When you're the voice in my head, your name is Harvey."

Quoted:

SciFi Channel really screwed up when they cancelled this one.

Not a new series, but as mentioned, a miniseries, just 2 parts.  But they are open for continuing the story later.  By the way, from what I understand, SciFi channel was not the guilty one.  They had ordered another year of the show, but Henson's company was owned my a German firm and there was some disputes (don't know about what).  So the Henson family bought the company back and they brought the show back in this form to the Sci Fi channel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top