Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2004 5:35:27 PM EDT
Question #1: What do you NOT say in order NOT to get kicked off?

I have been kicked off TWICE today alone.

Question #2: How many posts do you need before you can post your own thread?

Not a friendly bunch are they?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You are only allowed to toe the company line.
I was banned just for being a defeatist about Kerry.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#2]
List of Things (to get you kicked off of DU)
-say anything remotely negative about Kerry
-be logical
-be anything resembling realistic
-post facts
-call BS on obvious bull shit
-question attacks on Bush

Does that just about cover it?  I was kicked off in under 14 minutes last night!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, and never say things like "There is no frickin' way the Dems can take a state they are trailing by 10+ points in this late in the game!"

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
... I'm dead serious - I was once booted off the site for pitching a common sense plan for fiscal responsibility. I went into moderate detail regarding credit, frugal purchasing, insurance policies, saving for education and emergencies and retirement planning.

... It became a lengthy thread and I think my responses began showing their capitalist foundation. Obviously they do not thoroughly agree with free enterprise and capitalism.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
They are insane period. I feel like there has got to be a moderate Democratic forum somewhere.

The equal of DU on the right would have to be Stormfront or some Nazi garbage. This being judged using aforementioned criteria like reason and logic.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#6]
It's hard. Just be as short and offensive as possible. Avoid logic and common sense at all costs. The following are unquestionable facts:

Gore won 2000, and the Republicans stole the election
Kerry will win. If he doesn't, then it's because the Republicans stole the election
Iraq never had any WMDs
Bush was AWOL
Clinton is God
Bush ordered the 9/11 attacks
The media is conservatively biased
Cheney is in bed with Haliburton
Iraq was all about oil
So was Afghanistan
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone here ever lived long enough to actually START a post????
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#8]
IIRC, KBaker racked up a decent post count over there by challenging them a bit, but not quite enough to get banned.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#9]
See here for my new DU experiment.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Nevermind. I just got banned (again).  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top