Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 4:00:33 PM EDT
www.drudgereport.com/dnc47.htm

**Exclusive**

As early voting begins Monday in the sunburn State of Florida controversy has already developed around a Democratic National Committee/Kerry-Edwards election manual.

The election manual titled -- "FLORIDA VICTORY 2004" -obtained by the DRUDGE REPORT, advocates an apparent unlawful "BALLOT PICKUP" drive by campaign volunteers.

The DNC Kerry/Edwards manual states:

"In Florida, it is legal to handle ballots. This means it is possible for the campaign to canvass base neighborhoods, pick up completed ballots and deliver them to Early Vote locations. We will incorporate these deliveries into our Early Vote canvassing program."

But Florida State election law - as detailed at: http://election.dos.state.fl.us/absenteevoting.shtml - is in sharp contrast and conflicts with the Dem plan.

"A designee may pick up an absentee ballot for a voter on election day or 4 days before election day. A designee may only pick up two absentee ballots per election, other than his or her own ballot or ballots for members of his or her immediate family. Designees must have written authorization from the voter, present a picture I.D. and sign an affidavit. Candidates may pick up absentee ballots only for members of their immediate family."

It is not clear as this transmits, if any Dem operatives have yet collected ballots. A legal challenge will be filed to stop any action, top Republican sources tell DRUDGE.

The exhaustive FLORIDA VICTORY 2004 manual runs 26 pages with an 18 page appendix. It is signed by the DNC, Kerry Edwards, Florida Democrat Party, Kerry Edwards Campaign Chair, Florida Victory 2004, Florida AFL-CIO, Florida Education Association, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, and Florida SEIU.

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Filed By Matt Drudge
Reports are moved when circumstances warrant
http://www.drudgereport.com for updates
(c)DRUDGE REPORT 2004
Not for reproduction without permission of the author

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
so what does this mean in english? (for us tired people)
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Those whacky democrats are always trying to get a leg up!  I love how they come up with these illegal plans then cry "they stole the election" when they lose.    
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't understand what they are trying to do. Are they trying to make up votes? Are they just visiting democrats houses and picking up absentee ballots? What exatcly are they doing?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Violating state law!

The Repubs better sue and sue fast!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Aimless.

What is to stop them from collecting Rep absentee ballots and just tossing them?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#9]
a total perversion of the absentee ballot.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Also what is stopping them from knocking on someones door and saying - would you like to vote? No? OK then mrs. non voter.... Then go fill out their vote card for them and check off Kerry. Or they could even add their own ballots to the pile - say 10 extra bogus ballots for every person collecting. That would be one gaggle fuck.

I don't really trust the voting system we have in place now. Why can't everyone just show up to a certain place, show an ID and then vote? To do it any other way makes no sense at all.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks Aimless.

What is to stop them from collecting Rep absentee ballots and just tossing them?

nothing.
what they are wanting to do is go around and pass out ballots, 'help' people fill them in, then take them back to the polls.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#12]
People used to do that around here. (and most likely still do) They would go to the old peoples houses and 'help' them fill out their ballots by forcing them to vote democrat. These people will not vote anymore because they feel so violated. I heard this first hand while witnessing a will sometime last year.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Why can't everyone just show up to a certain place, show an ID and then vote? To do it any other way makes no sense at all.

Naaah...that makes far too much sense...that's why it will never be done that way...because the world is a huge pile of shit...deal with it...just get whatever you can and fuck everyone else...sad but true...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Approved by a predominatly run Republican State Legislature, with GW's brother as Gov.

Wake up and smell the Coffee. The other side's been doing it for years. They won't take any action because it's something that was copied from those who mastered it in the first place.

Political Virgins may be suprised out of the state, but in FLA..it's Business as Usual.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Approved by a predominatly run Republican State Legislature, with GW's brother as Gov.

Wake up and smell the Coffee. The other side's been doing it for years. They won't take any action because it's something that was copied from those who mastered it in the first place.

Political Virgins may be suprised out of the state, but in FLA..it's Business as Usual.  

A legal challenge will be filed to stop any action, top Republican sources tell DRUDGE.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Just make sure every honest person in Florida knows about the Dems efforts to steal votes.  This sort of thing will tend to backfire.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:18:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Yea the fuckers are trying to fake the election up here too .

Get this . Over the last week there has been a ton of articles in the paper about the Democraps sending out absentee ballets and in place of the persons address they have an address for the DNC head quarters . Near as i can figure they plan on having the ballots go there and toss the ones they don't agree with and ship the rest out for Skerry.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Kerry is going to be in Tampa today and supposedly will encourage people to use the early voting.  So, I'm going to follow his instructions, go to the poll and vote early -  FOR PRES. BUSH!!!   I will be away on election day, so my original thought was absentee ballot.  I prefer having the vote in the machine rather than on a paper which can have things happen to it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:02:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey, we stole the election in 2000 right, so anything goes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top