Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 12:20:14 PM EDT
 Anyone else like this time of year?  Today is the perfect day.  It is dark and rainy outside, my football team (Raiders) are on the tube and I have 7 pounds of citrus marinated pork butt in the smoker right now.
 Time to go and RELAX!!

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#1]
fall is perfect for me. Football hunting season cool nights windy days(sometimes) I like it
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Not only do I envy your schedule today, you're also living in one of the countries most beautiful states...I miss Oregon every damn day. Have a great one out west!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
It's chilly outside and I've got a fire in the wood stove going, nice and toasty!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I just did a little winter prep for my mother-in-law and then took it easy as well. I do like fall and the smell of dried leaves on the ground.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep it quiet M4, we dont want everyone to know.  What part of Oregon were you located in?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Keep it quiet M4, we dont want everyone to know.  What part of Oregon were you located in?

Just outside of Jacksonville, slightly northwest of Ashland, way down south. Man, everything I love is back there. Mountains, forests as far as you can see, snowboarding, shooting out in the woods, 4 incredible seasons, nice people. I hear it's getting flooded with Kalifornians lately....but it's a big state, I'm sure there's plenty of paradise left.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#8]
If it was fall year-round, I wouldn't mind.  Cool weather, football, camping, shooting all day, leaves changing, and sleeping with the windows open.  Can't beat it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I casually adjusted the valves, cleaned and oiled the air filter, changed the oil/filter, lubed the chain and oiled up my dirt bike.

Time to play in the mud!

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#10]
M4,
 That is a BEAUTIFUL part of the state.  I am stuck in the burbs of Portland. LOTS of people from south of here are flooding the area, sad state of affiars  When I was in Texas and Hawaii I sure did miss it here.  I dont think I will ever leave this area.  If your in this neck of the woods let me know and maybe we could get a shoot together.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm up in the coast range these days and it's beautiful here....cloudy and cool

Folks are burnin' their leaves and the air is full of smoke.

Autum rocks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I wasn't too hip to Oregon last night while I was driving a fully loaded moving van over the Cascades in the blinding rain and fog, but generally it's an OK state
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I used to enjoy Fall but then I bought a house.  Here in DC we have about 2 weeks in between hot weather and cold weather to try to get all house, yard, and car work done before winter.  

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top