Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2004 11:55:32 AM EDT
I dont really follow the newer movies that much. Any good ones?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#1]
not that I can think of. I think the extended edition of Return of the King is coming soon. I can't wait.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Man on Fire. Awesome movie.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I just rented "Jersey Girl" the othe night.  Good movie.  Done by Kevin Smith, who did Clerks, Mall Rats, etc...  It's not nearly as crass as his past films, and more along the lines of Chasing Amy.  It's about a guy and his daughter, who live with his father.  Actors are Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lopez, Liv Tyler, and George Carling.  Pretty well done.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to try something a little diffeent try Shaolin Soccer ... I know it sounds a little weak, but I swear it's absolutely hysterical ... Total over the top martial arts and just weird (maybe unintentional) comedy thrown in. The DVD version comes with the original Chinese version and the US Theatrical Release version. I recommend the original chinese version, they somewhat sanitized it for American audiences.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1.  I like the "fingers and cigarette lighter" scene.  Don't want to give it away, so I won't say anymore than that.....
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  I like the "fingers and cigarette lighter" scene.  Don't want to give it away, so I won't say anymore than that.....

The bomb in the ass scene was quite good too.  Ouch!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Man on Fire was really good.  The Day After Tomorrow wasn't bad, if you can ignore the "we're killing mother earth" crap.  The SFX are awsome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top