Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2004 7:36:57 AM EDT
You remember to save a slice of pizza for your 4 legged friend but forget he was full of cancer and you had to put him down after 17 years. I miss you old buddy
BIG
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I guess it would.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:09:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear about the loss.  How could you forget something like that?

edit - sorry, I mis-read.  I thought you said you put him down a long time ago.

My condolences on the loss of your buddy.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:13:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I always have to save a couple of pepperoni's for my lil guy...
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:20:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for your loss.  Yeah, that would hurt a lot.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:15:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Understand the feeling...
automatically have gone to the Pet Food section then realized...no need :(

You'll know when it is the right time for a successor dog. Not a replacement, a successor.

Gwen
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:18:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I had to put down my Shepard of 13 years this past March. She was eaten up by cancer also. Every now and again I still call her as soon as I walk through the door.
I still miss her terribly.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:20:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry for your loss. My cat loves pepperoni.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:22:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, that sucks.  What do you people feel like when you lose a friend / dog that close?  I've never really had a pet.

I'm sorry again for your loss - each of you.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:36:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You remember to save a slice of pizza for your 4 legged friend but forget he was full of cancer and you had to put him down after 17 years. I miss you old buddy
BIG

We feel for you BIG............

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....  

Author unknown...

Always brings tears to my eyes.........
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:22:58 AM EDT
[#10]
i only have two legs, but i will eat his slice of pizza ... i love pizza

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:51:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:55:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Gotta love the puppies.

I will always miss mine but I always replace them with a new one, it really helps get over the hurt and you give a good home to another animal.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:10:06 AM EDT
[#13]
My cat likes pizza
My dog likes everything.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:13:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:16:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I buried the love of my life 12 years ago. We were only together 9 years and I thought that after another 9 years I'd finally be over her.

Guess I was wrong. If I tought there was anything real about cloning, I'd be in there right now scraping her frisbee for DNA and calling my banker for a second mortgage.

My heart goes out to all the brothers and sisters here at ARF.com who have someone waiting for them on the other side. We'll be together again someday. When my time comes, if I wake up having my face licked, I'll know that I've made it to heaven.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top