Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2004 4:17:26 AM EDT
My mother is a democrat (might explain all the problems with her). Yesterday she called me to talk about the last debate. She asked me what I thought of it. I explained to her the things I had seen, heard and had proof of being wrong. She said, "yeah, you know what really made me mad? They brought up Cheney's daughter." I said "yep and it was not a good thing to do." She then says "I heard Edwards brought her up at the debate also". Told her "yep, he sure did, didn't you watch it?"
Well let me tell you what her reply was... trust me, I almost fell over when I heard it since I have been working on swaying her vote for some time now.
"Well I'm not voting for them bastards!"

Now if I can just get my lil brother to see the light. He was undecided the last time I spoke to him. My dad, sister and older brother all are voting for the right team.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:25:40 AM EDT
[#1]
WOW!  Congrats!  What state are they in?  If IN, it won't make a huge diff as that state is solid Bush, but every little bit helps.

I've already talked a black man, a young woman, and a girl from MA to vote for Bush.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:26:55 AM EDT
[#2]
My oldest brother is in PA.. the rest of us in IN.. So other then popular vote, no we won't make much of a difference. But it sure feels good to sway a voter!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:31:47 AM EDT
[#3]

My wife's grandma is a lifelong Democrat, but she is voting for Bush this year, too!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:59:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Keep up the good work and make sure to follow up on election day!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top