Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2001 5:49:47 PM EDT
Okay guys I am a little drunk, doesn‘t happen often so get ready and reel.  I need some help on a BB GUN.  Yes, I know a BB GUN!  Ever since I got back into shooting approx. three years ago I have wanted a BB GUN.  No, I do not have my first BB GUN since I passed it down to my little brother whom has no clue where it is at this time.  

A couple of considerations: I live in a rural area where there is a wal-mart and k-mart, which is it!  I live with in the city limits.

I have to have a BB GUN because my back yard has 5 huge Beach Nut trees and surrounded on either by multi trees creating a canopy.  Also, I have a 50 foot wide river as my back boundary.  When there is no crow (blackbirds) to wake me up in the early A.M. I will have moving targets in the river.

I know I know!  Shoot with some power.  Well, I can’t since I live in the CITY LIMITS.  I fired a few rounds, at a target with a backstop, during the past New Year and guess who showed up 40 mins. later at the front door?  Lucky for me I graduated high school with the city cop.    

Please give me advice on a good BB GUN that I might find at a wal mart or k mart?

Time to crack another and see what kind of response I get to this thread.

Isomerase

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Daisy 880 with a little tasco 2X scope on it and any bird within 50 yards is dead.  And use pellets not BB's.  That's what I had when I was growing up. The 880 is , well at least was, the most powerful 10 pump BB gun out there.  I'm 27 and still break mine out when I go home on leave!  I love shooting that thing.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the ones they at Tapco.

[url]http://www.tapco.com/store/departments.asp?dept=65&d_name=Airsoft%3A++Full+Size+and+Mini+Machine+Guns&lev=1[/url]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I vote for the 880.  I had one as a teenager.  When I got mine they had both a rifled version and a smoothbore.  I don't know if that still holds, but get the rifled version and use good quality pellets.  The Daisy has a long pump lever, and it pumps up much more easily than the Crossman 760.  With a decent air-rifle scope and good pellets I could punch 1/2" groups at 50 yards all day long.

Lousy trigger, but I have yet to see an inexpensive air rifle that had a good one.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I  have an inexpensive import (Chinese) .177 cal air rifle.  I bought it mail-order about 2 years ago.  It uses BB's or pellets.  It is a one-pump, single shot type.  It is quite good for the $27 price tag.  I will drill and tap it for a scope mount and put an  Tasco ACCUDOT red-dot optic on it.  

My first BB gun was a Crossman Scout.  I still have it, but it is all worn out.  Plus when I shoulder it, the trigger is right at my chin, its a little one.  But I will never part with it.  

I live in MA, and to buy a BB gun at Walmart, you have to go through all the same crap as buying a rifle or shotgun.  That is why I went mail order, came right to my house, no hassles.

OSA
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#5]
 Get yourself a Daisy RED RYDER BB gun
with a wood stock .  You won't regret it .
Rapid fire and reasonably accurate .
 My wife got me one for Christmass a couple
 of years ago and I love it .
 I don't shoot birds to much cause of all the bugs they eat but a wasps nest full of wasps is a real treat .

Just remember to keep it oiled up good .
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Have another brewski  [beer]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#8]
RED RYDER.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#10]
When I was quite a bit younger, my parents got me the Daisy 880 that I'd been begging for for years. I must've put 5000 BBs through that thing in the first few days! I still have it, but it's pretty worn out now. I keep it around for sentimental value. I originally had a Tasco 4X scope on it, and I was deadly accurate for a kid.
The only problem was my arms would get so worn out from pumping it 10 times for every shot[that's what made my first .22 rifle SO enjoyable!].

At a gun show a couple years ago, I bought one of those break-open Chinese pellet rifles on a whim. It was less than $30, and I can't leave a gun show without buying something.
I put a 4X32 Simmons scope on it and refinished the stock. Man, that thing is FUN! shooting it brings back memories of my Daisy 880. Except it's a lot more accurate, it has a higher muzzle velocity, and I only have to pump it once. It's pretty dang cool.

Sorry for rambling, I think the cheapo Chinese rifle is a good buy. See if you can find one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top