Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2004 10:09:03 PM EDT
It was actually a bootleg VCD that I borrowed from a liberal coworker.  I wanted to make sure that no money at all went back to that scumbag.  I told my coworker I would watch it if he would watch Fahrenhype 9/11.

The most suprising thing about the movie to me was just how shitty of a film it was.  Not the quality of the picture, that was crappy cause it was a bootleg, but just how boring it was.  Even picking apart the mis-truths and innuendos was not enough to make it entertaining.  I kept waiting for something funny, or for some of the emotional content of the film.  All the reviews that called it a "powerful" film.  Other than the mother crying, and some of the soldiers complaining, I didn't really see whatever it was that people seem to get out of this movie.  I obviously went into this movie with a bias, but I expected to see a movie that was at least well made. Damn was I wrong.  

I wan't my Saturday evening back so I could watch Old School for the fifth time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I need to watch that film again.

ETA: I just realized what I wrote could be interpreted to mean that I want to watch "Fahrenheit 911".  I MEANT that I need to watch "Old School" again - that was a funny film.  (I haven't seen F 911)

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It was actually a bootleg VCD that I borrowed from a liberal coworker.  I wanted to make sure that no money at all went back to that scumbag.  I told my coworker I would watch it if he would watch Fahrenhype 9/11.

The most suprising thing about the movie to me was just how shitty of a film it was.  Not the quality of the picture, that was crappy cause it was a bootleg, but just how boring it was.  Even picking apart the mis-truths and innuendos was not enough to make it entertaining.  I kept waiting for something funny, or for some of the emotional content of the film.  All the reviews that called it a "powerful" film.  Other than the mother crying, and some of the soldiers complaining, I didn't really see whatever it was that people seem to get out of this movie.  I obviously went into this movie with a bias, but I expected to see a movie that was at least well made. Damn was I wrong.  

I wan't my Saturday evening back so I could watch Old School for the fifth time.

Now you see the Light!! Now you understand Bush is the debil!! And now you know why we must vote for Kerry!!

The dumbest argument I've heard yet from a guy was hes voting for Kerry because of Bushs religious ties. Something about Bush being a christian white supremicist or some such drivel. I pretty well utterly ignored the asshat, so i dont really know what point he was trying to make.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I think if you're smart enough, this movie won't really affect your political allignment.  I laughed through most of the movie, only because I found it to be so creatively deceitful, that I found it humorous.   You have to admit it though, Bush comes out looking like a complete moron in a lot of scenes.  I think that anyone who says differently is seriously in DEEP denial.  Come on, have a sense of humor.  I'm still voting for Bush even though he's a bit of an imbesil.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think if you're smart enough, this movie won't really affect your political allignment.  I laughed through most of the movie, only because I found it to be so creatively deceitful, that I found it humorous.   You have to admit it though, Bush comes out looking like a complete moron in a lot of scenes.  I think that anyone who says differently is seriously in DEEP denial.  Come on, have a sense of humor.  I'm still voting for Bush even though he's a bit of an imbesil.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
check out Fahrenhype 911...damn good movie
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Today I saw a great big fat cowpatty that looked just like Micheal Moore, double chins and all.

I should have taken a picture of it with a baseball hat on it - you'd never be able to tell the difference.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Today I saw a great big fat cowpatty that looked just like Micheal Moore, double chins and all.

I should have taken a picture of it with a baseball hat on it - you'd never be able to tell the difference.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I think he has a rule that if you make the film boring you can trick idiots into thinking it's a documentary.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That's sitting on the DVD player for tomorrow.

Bush does offer a lot of fodder for liberals to ridicule, but MM didn't even use that for good humor.  And I have a BIG sense of humor.  There just wasn't anything funny or entertaining about this movie.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I got hype and my liberal neighbor REFUSES to watch it...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I watched Dick Morris's movie today.  Good film.  Very direct and to the point, unlike the other.  Still not as good as Fellowship 9/11, but a great watch nonetheless.  Hopefully my coworker won't back out of watching it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Haven't seen it. Saw Hype today, and it was pretty good.

Anyone seen Celsius 41.11?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I would not waste my time watching it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you have flown US fighter jets?  Have you graduated from Harvard and Yale?

No, his family didn't have the right connections. He probably HAD to go to Vietnam.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you have flown US fighter jets?  Have you graduated from Harvard and Yale?

Thanks.  I was gonna ask the same questions.

I'm sure they let imbeciles fly fighter jets... I'm sure Harvard and Yale graduate imbeciles every day.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:59:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Good catch...D.K. Prof.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:04:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
It was actually a bootleg VCD that I borrowed from a liberal coworker.

Bootleg, from a liberal, thats crazy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top