Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2004 9:50:51 PM EDT
Just saw The Pianist last night. Prety depressing. The relationship between him and the German officer was interesting though. I'm going to assume he was Wermacht and not SS? I didn't see any SS markings on him.

Editted to say: I liked the movie, I thought it was very well done. I'm still at awe at how so many Jews did not fight back.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Great movie. Probably right about the officer not being a scumbag SS. The piano wire would have had a different purpose. He was probably from a traditional upper class family with good up-bringing and well-educated. Too bad the pianist was too late to help him.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Really good movie...one of the very very few that I've ever cried at - just at the part with the guy in the wheelchair.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#3]

I saw it on cable.  

Just your yearly jewish propaganda movie to make us all feel guilty/sorry about something none of us had nothing to do with. So we will willingly hand over billions of dollars to Israel.  

I also got sick of seeing this sad little weak man just doing nothing but floating through this movie looking pathetic instead of killing a few nazis and taking some guns and killing some more.

The jews I admire are the ones in the Warsaw ghetto who fought bravely against those nazi bastards.

If more European jews had this attitude, it would have been a whole different history.

I can't stand liberal assholes who practicly beg to be victims.  

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I saw it on cable.  

Just your yearly jewish propaganda movie to make us all feel guilty/sorry about something none of us had nothing to do with. So we will willingly hand over billions of dollars to Israel.  

I also got sick of seeing this sad little weak man just doing nothing but floating through this movie looking pathetic instead of killing a few nazis and taking some guns and killing some more.

The jews I admire are the ones in the Warsaw ghetto who fought bravely against those nazi bastards.

If more European jews had this attitude, it would have been a whole different history.

I can't stand liberal assholes who practicly beg to be victims.  

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The nation of Israel was formed by the kind of brave Jews who fought the nazis in the Warsaw Ghetto. I think Israel is an important stabilizing force in that region and for the benefit of the US and the rest of the world. As long as we need Middle Eastern oil and now, as long as there is a Jihad against the non-Muslim world, we need Israel and and she needs us. I might be wrong to some degree but that's how I see it's importance, besides Biblicly.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:13:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I liked The Piano more. Holly Hunter naked, bent over, and on her knees crawling mmm mmm mmm.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:46:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I hate Holocaust movies.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:13:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I hate Holocaust movies.

Me too.  I hate movies about things that never happened.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:15:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate Holocaust movies.

I also hate dickheads
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:27:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Its a art house flick nuff said.

I liked it thu.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:56:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate Holocaust movies.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top