Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2004 3:58:35 PM EDT
Someone said that there's an AOL poll that is just for members.  Are there AOL users here that can tell us where it stands?  Last I heard Bush was way up.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#1]
the aol straw poll

bush   399

kerry 139

nader 0
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]
i really hope no one is giving their money to an anti company like AOL.

J
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the one I was referring to:

AOL Straw Poll

SgtAR15 would love it.  Shows Bush winning 45 states, 478 electoral votes.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
That's the one. Reset every month on the 1st. Viewable by any, but iirc only AOL members can vote in it, and their votes are counted in their home states.

There's been some noise onlin in the last week about it having been 'hidden', but that's crapola - the URL was changed to reflect the month, and a swarm of folks though it disappeared.
Meanwhile, I've been watching it regularly since it was reset - it hovered around 3000 total votes for the first week of the month, a solid Bush win. Then overnight the eve of the thrid debate (BEFORE the deabte was aired) is surged some 7000+ votes to a strongly Dem-favoring map - totally in line with the McAullife / DNC email exhorting their koolaid drinkers to go forth and spam all online polls in favor of kerry.
Now SINCE that spamming, some 200,000 members have added their votes, and the map is much more in alignment to what it was on 9/30, with some 330,000 votes - only DC went to Kerry, then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top