Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 1:09:33 PM EDT
Firewall disabled popup blocker disabled what else do I need to do to speed my connection up.

Its a cable and 3mbps but it took a minute just to load this since I have installed sp2.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#1]
SP2 also has issues with zone alarm. Too many bugs yet for me to load it. My pc crashed for the first time 2 weeks ago, had to run recovery disc twice and shut off auto updates so I wouldn't get any SP2. I don't think it's time is right just yet. Try to see if you can uninstall it and see how it runs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have a celeron, I've heard that SP2 may install a driver for the processor that isn't quite right.  My contact said he rolled back the driver and it worked fine after that. Didn't get all the details, but maybe that's a path to pursue.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
It locked up my machine tighter than a frogs asshole,  and that is waterproof.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you have an AMD processor?  I do, and SP2 was a drag on my system.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine works fine with SP2 installed. I had to disable the Windows firewall, it slowed things down  while running with Norton Internet Security Pro. Seems the 2 didn't like each other.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Try forcing your NIC to 10/half and see if that fixes it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#7]
SP2 on my AMD xp 2400.

Runs like a champ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top