Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 11:50:59 AM EDT
I just got my new Cetme .308 I have a couple of questions???
Where can I find a match or light trigger??  My rifle has a trigger I can only describe as shitty!  Is it possible to do the trigger work myself or does it need to be done by A gunsmith?  IS the retractible stock multipositional like an AR stock?  Is is worth $170+ ??  Also heard it kicks harder with retractble stock??  Is the muzzle brake removable??  Reccomendations for a scope mount???  What kind of accuraccy should I expect 100- 400 meters????  Any problems mounting HK stocks or scope mounts on Cetme's ( stamped receiver )
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok ok slow down a bit.

Quoted:
I just got my new Cetme .308 I have a couple of questions???
Where can I find a match or light trigger??  
I have not seen a match or light trigger I have to look it up, but if you replace 4 other parts, you can replace the Hammer, Trigger, Sear, and Pistol grip with one off of a H&K G3

My rifle has a trigger I can only describe as shitty!  Is it possible to do the trigger work myself or does it need to be done by A gunsmith?  
If you can find the H&K lower, you just push the pins out pull off the buttstock, and pull the whole trigger pack down.    Installation is the reverse of removal

IS the retractible stock multipositional like an AR stock?  Is is worth $170+ ??  Also heard it kicks harder with retractble stock??  
You're probably going to be looking at a H&K skeleton stock.  IIRC there are only two positions, in and out.

Is the muzzle brake removable??  
Yes.  Carefully grind the six O'clock position till you see a change in the color in the metal  as soon as you get a full pin outline, stop, turn the rifle over and carefully tap the top of the muzzle brake till the pin starts to come out and you can grab it with a pair of pliers.

Reccomendations for a scope mount???  
You're looking for a claw mount.  It mounts just forward of the rear sight.  

What kind of accuraccy should I expect 100- 400 meters????  
Roughly what CAMPY said 3-4" groups.

Any problems mounting HK stocks or scope mounts on Cetme's ( stamped receiver )  
As far as stocks and scope mounts, not much of a problem at all.  Where do you think the G3 came from?

Basically you have ran into the typical Century gun.  I don't look at my CETME as a match rifle, but rather a blaster.  For more CETME info check out here.  CETME and FR8 Board
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Follow the previous link to the CETME forum.  There you will find a fellow by the name of B.Springfield. He did the trigger work on mine a little over a year ago.  It was a significant improvement.  That forum has a lot of good folks who share plenty of knowledge.

Don't expect too much out of that rifle as far as accuracy goes, just enjoy it as a bullet hose
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top