Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 10:52:28 AM EDT
Teen reportedly raped in Woodland corn maze
Saturday October 16, 2004

WOODLAND, Calif. (AP) A 13-year-old girl told authorities that she was raped in a Halloween-themed maze mowed through 10 acres of corn, Woodland officials said.

The girl told Yolo County Sheriff's officials that as she lagged behind her friends in the labyrinth around 9 p.m. on Oct. 8, a man grabbed her and sexually assaulted her, Detective Rich Johnson said.

``We haven't had anything remotely close to this,'' Johnson said. ``Usually there is a known suspect. Definitely this victim did not know who the guy was.''

The girl said her attacker was wearing jeans and a black hooded sweat shirt.

The operator of ``The Maize, Brian Williams, said 10 to 15 employees patrolled the trails on the night of the reported attack, carrying flashlights and radios.

The maze personnel stop people who are throwing corn and help people who are lost, he said.

After dark, people carry flashlights and glow sticks to find their way to the finish of the maze. The entrance is lighted, as are bridges within, Williams said.

``We've had 200,000 people here in seven years,'' Williams said. ``Nothing like this has happened.''

The labyrinth is located near Interstate 5 and County Road 102 near Woodland, Calif., about 20 miles north of Sacramento.

Williams said he learned of the report Thursday night and was distressed over what he heard. He said he is adding more lights and suggesting that parents accompany children younger than 18.

``I feel a great deal of responsibility for people who come out here,'' he said. ``I'm trying to do everything reasonable short of having 500 people out with flashlights and radios.''

On Friday, he added a 27-foot lift, where people can stand and monitor the maze.

Matt Cooley, who runs a similar maze in Davis, said he would call in more security employees.

``It's tragic,'' he said. ``We're doing our best, and we'll do more.''

Kobe Bryant and Greg Haidl were unavailable for comment.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if this girl has been tesated or not?

Williams said he learned of the report Thursday night and was distressed over what he heard. He said he is adding more lights and suggesting that parents accompany children younger than 18.

Gee....you think?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Gee....you think?

SGatr15

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee....you think?

SGatr15

home.alltel.net/fdombek/dictionary.JPG

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee....you think?

SGatr15

LMAO
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee....you think?

SGatr15

I think he ment toasted...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Somehow a corn hole comment doesn't seem appropriate right now.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

you're on time out mister!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You probably won't be the only one.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Was she running through it backwards?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The maze personnel stop people who are throwing corn and help people who are lost, he said.

Isn't being lost the point of a maze?  And why are people throwing corn!

With all due respect to the victim, this in some subtle way is the funniest thread title I've seen on this and other message boards in awhile
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Was she running through it backwards?

I'd be amaized if she wasn't.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#13]
How did such a serious subject end up making me laugh so much? The spelling thing....the corn hole comment.....just flat out funny!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#14]
not to belittle what happened to her but,
a maze of maize
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You probably won't be the only one.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe Beavis and Buthead did it?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Maybe Beavis and Buthead did it?

Sgatr15

I am Cornholio! I need some TP for my bunghole!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top