Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 7:20:14 AM EDT
No, this isn't a bashing thread.  At least that's not my intent...  

Seen this thread about Wal-Mart guns on sale?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=282006

It was mentioned that these are "Home Office" markdowns.  Does that mean it should be in effect at all Wal-Marts?

A Wal-Mart near me has a Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic that is not marked down.  Is there a way one of the Sporting Goods clerks can doublecheck the price for any Home Office markdowns?

It was late at night when I saw it, and not one was in that department, so I didn't get to ask then.

Thanks...

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:23:33 AM EDT
[#1]
If you show a price tag of a sale item in one Wal-Mart to another Wal-Mart that isn't doing it, I think they are REQUIRED to use the sale price.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you show a price tag of a sale item in one Wal-Mart to another Wal-Mart that isn't doing it, I think they are REQUIRED to use the sale price.

Good point.  I haven't tried to determine if any other Wal-Marts have that gun in the caliber.  I believe this one was a 300 Weatherby Mag.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]

BTT for Sat night crew...

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I work at the local Wally World in Sporting Goods. I am not sure of the Weatherby rifles on clearence or sale. But they will honer the price of any other Wally World at your local. It would be easy for them to check using a Telezon.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, yesterday I checked the Fair Lakes Wal-Mart in Fairfax County VA and it didn’t have any rifles marked as being on sale.

I didn’t follow up on it since I’m trying to convince myself I don’t need one.  Still, $250 for a Howa is hard to beat (and I’m sure I’ll later regret not getting one).
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Kooter works for them, he has that gun on lay a way right now.  It's a home office markdown, because he could still use his discount on it, and he can't on clearence markdowns.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
"Home Office" markdowns means that it should be all stores.  Usually done for promotional items or close outs.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Home office markdowns aren't advertised to the public. Have the associate scan the gun you want with a Telxon and it should beep, and Alt+F2 will show up at the bottom of the screen. They should press that to find out exactly what kind of markdown it is and how much.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:30:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Do the employees get employee discounts?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:18:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Do the employees get employee discounts?

10% discount on all but groceries.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks.  I talked to my GF about it and she said the same as long as the item wasn't already on sale.  The real trick will be getting her to buy me the ammo I want now.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#13]
The WalMart in Fayetteville Tn. will order guns for you. No pistols or AR type firearms but most anything else.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#14]

I talked to the local Wal-Mart gun guys about a Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic they had, but it wasn't marked down.  

Mentioning "telezon" or "telexon" twice seemed to generate no synaptic response in these young gentlemen employees.  One guy went in the back and typed in the UPC and the item number.  One input got no response, but the other indicated the regular price ($388?).

I guess only some of Wal-Mart's Weatherby Vanguard Synthetics are marked down...  

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I am the 90 year old greeter that gives out stickers.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I guess only some of Wal-Mart's Weatherby Vanguard Synthetics are marked down...  

It is my understanding it is only those rifles in either .270 Winchester or .30-'06 Springfield. The .300 Win. Mag. or Weatherby Mag.  rifles are not on sale.

I did buy one of the .30-'06 rifles and it is a real deal.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I talked to the local Wal-Mart gun guys about a Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic they had, but it wasn't marked down.  

Mentioning "telezon" or "telexon" twice seemed to generate no synaptic response in these young gentlemen employees.  One guy went in the back and typed in the UPC and the item number.  One input got no response, but the other indicated the regular price ($388?).

Pronounce it like you would say "tells on", maybe that'll get it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is my understanding it is only those rifles in either .270 Winchester or .30-'06 Springfield. The .300 Win. Mag. or Weatherby Mag.  rifles are not on sale.

On the other thread, KBL & threefiftynone mentioned Vanguards in 7mm Mag at the lower prices.  Hmmm...

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the other thread, KBL & threefiftynone mentioned Vanguards in 7mm Mag at the lower prices.  Hmmm...

As I was buying mine and waiting on the background check, the clerk let me see all the mark down stickers before he posted them on the rifles and the only ones I saw were marked .270 and .30-'06. Can't comment on the 7MM Mag. though. They did have a .300 Win. or Weatherby Mag. (can't remeber) but it was at the original price.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Triburst you dont look a day over 89.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:24:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

the 300 is not on markdown cause they are still carrying it. at my store the only weatherbys that were marked down were the 270 and the 30-06. we didn't have any in 7mm, so if there was a price change on it my store didn't get it cause we didn't have one in stock. they didn't markdown all weatherby rifles, just ones that are not being carried anymore.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:26:51 AM EDT
[#22]
I asked them and they got clearence guns from the back, they were not in the case, I had to find someone and ask.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I asked them and they got clearence guns from the back, they were not in the case, I had to find someone and ask.

The guys checked stuff in the back for me a coupla times.  I doubt they'll ever be Mensa members, but these kids were friendly and helpful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top