Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 6:37:06 AM EDT
I pulled up a sample ballot last night off my counties web site. I already know which major political candidates I’m going to vote for, but what about the Court of Appeals and District judges? I know absolutely nothing about them and can’t find any specific info on the net about them. Should I leave or can I leave those sections of the ballot blank? Also, the District Attorney who is a Dem, has no one to run against. So whether or not I vote for him, I guess he’s won?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:41:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Google the names and see if they have web sites with their positions.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#2]
You can leave them blank. Judges hardly ever get voted out. Google is a good idea, or search your local newspapers' archives. If you know any cops (sgts or better in vice or narcotics, likely to have lots of court time) or court reporters they will have the poop on the judges. Ask more than one and be prepared for some hair raising stories. Lots of judges are completely whacked.

As for the DA, you're just SOL. If you don't want to run up the DemocRATs vote count, just leave it blank.

If you haven't already, get a sample ballot (available at county offices and libraries usually) to study and mark-up before you go to the polls. You can take it with you to vote. That way you don't forget any important issues, or accidentally vote in a way you didn't really intend. The ballot this year is huge so you will really want to mark-up a sample ballot prior to voting.

If you did not get the "Blue Book" (explanation of ballot initiatives by the state legislature) you can go to CO Secretary of State's Blue Book web page. Also your county should have sent you a "TABOR" notice. This is usually a small newspaper looking pub that explains all of your county level ballot initiatives. You'll need it to fully mark-up your sample ballot.

Good luck and thanks for voting.

Vote NO! on 36!!! Don't dilute COs' electoral votes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Google the names and see if they have web sites with their positions.

Tried that first thing, like I said. Lots of info on who they are but nothing on what they stand for. Even the Rocky Mountain News has a election page on their web site where you can create a ballot and few positions of the canidates you choose. When you click on a canidates name a seperate window pops up with their positions, when you click on a judge you just get their name, no info.

Maybe since I haven't heard anything bad about these judges I'll just vote yes for them all.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can leave them blank. Judges hardly ever get voted out. Google is a good idea, or search your local newspapers' archives. If you know any cops (sgts or better in vice or narcotics, likely to have lots of court time) or court reporters they will have the poop on the judges. Ask more than one and be prepared for some hair raising stories. Lots of judges are completely whacked.

As for the DA, you're just SOL. If you don't want to run up the DemocRATs vote count, just leave it blank.

If you haven't already, get a sample ballot (available at county offices and libraries usually) to study and mark-up before you go to the polls. You can take it with you to vote. That way you don't forget any important issues, or accidentally vote in a way you didn't really intend. The ballot this year is huge so you will really want to mark-up a sample ballot prior to voting.

If you did not get the "Blue Book" (explanation of ballot initiatives by the state legislature) you can go to CO Secretary of State's Blue Book web page. Also your county should have sent you a "TABOR" notice. This is usually a small newspaper looking pub that explains all of your county level ballot initiatives. You'll need it to fully mark-up your sample ballot.

Good luck and thanks for voting.

Vote NO! on 36!!! Don't dilute COs' electoral votes.

Thanks TrickyVic, sounds like I've done already what you suggest. Got my sample ballot ready to go! I was just wondering about leaving open votes and if that was ok.

And I will be voting a big NO on 36!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top