Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2004 2:33:45 AM EDT
For a little hunting this morning.......

I think I have a good buck narrowed down, he seems to be holding to a certain area, and I feel like I can get a shot this morning with my bow.

It is nice and cool out, around 50, and clear, and a light wind NNE....

No dew, which is good, couse I have a ways to walk before I get to my stand. But I do have to cross a creek, thank god for water proof boots.....

I am leaving the Grizzly 660 here, so if I get that buck, I will have to drag him out, no problem dont it before.

Just rambling here, got the early morning going hunting jitters....love that feeling.....

I have been up since 3:30am, my usual time to get up for work, even got to watch the last half of RED DAWN on TNT, COOL......

I will take my camera with me, so if I get that buck, I will take pics of the blood trail and deer...

Maybe even a few shots of my hunting spot.....

Well got to go...load up the truck.....

Hold down the fort....well at least guard my beer.......

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:34:43 AM EDT
[#1]
good luck

post pics
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I went and saw no deer, DANG, not a one, BUT I had fun anyways, thats all that matters...

Now onto some pics.....

Here is the creek I cross going in, it has a low water bridge..

and on to the upper field,

and here are the tracks of the buck I was after this morning, damn I wish I could get a shot at him....

and here is a BIG CAT TRACK, no wonder the deer have hauled ass out there, I would have to, glad that cat did not find me....
This track was not there on Thursday....

Here is the same track, BUT with my grunt tube laid next to it, for size caomparison

and more pics, going up and into the timber....

and now for a break, WHEW, that was a fun morning....

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks

looks like you had a good day to be out in the bush.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes... I am definitely going hunting more this year.

Last year I went once.  The year before... maybe twice.

At one time, I was MAJORLY into hunting... then I just lost interest all of a sudden.  Now I am getting the itch again.

Did you actually see the deer that left those tracks or were you just assuming you were close to him?

Those tracks could be anywhere from 5 minutes to 10 hours old depending on the moisture in the air.  You said no dew fell, so the dirt that was kicked up would still look very fresh as it does in those pics.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, it was nice out, I dont think I willl hunt this evening, maybe hit it a few days next week, to scout/bow hunt some more , I need to find a scrape line......
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#6]
No I did not see the Buck that made those tracks, with my luck, I juts missed him.....

HE CAN RUN, BUT HE CANT HIDE......
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Sweeet !!

That's like the perfect day!  Just wandering around mother nature, with good weather and a weapon.    Great pics.

I don't go hunting a lot, but when I do, I just LOVE being out there (especially in good weather) - even if I never see any deer or turkey.  It's like being back in the service, but without all the yelling and the work - but just enjoying the good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No I did not see the Buck that made those tracks, with my luck, I juts missed him.....

What we really needed is a size reference for the deer's tracks.  Remember these little details next time.

Of course, that's probably why you didn't see any deer... you were too busy taking pics.

Deer: "What the hell is he doing?"
Deer2:  "I dunno... he's pointing something at the ground..."
Both:  "WOAH!!!  What the hell was that light?  Let's get outta here, it's a damn alien!"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Be goddamn careful.  Those Oklahoma woods are chock full of Bigfoots.  Big Feet?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...  It's like being back in the service, but without all the yelling and the work - but just enjoying the good stuff.

+1
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Great pics.  Not too shabby for such an evil guy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What we really needed is a size reference for the deer's tracks.  Remember these little details next time.

Of course, that's probably why you didn't see any deer... you were too busy taking pics.

Deer: "What the hell is he doing?"
Deer2:  "I dunno... he's pointing something at the ground..."
Both:  "WOAH!!!  What the hell was that light?  Let's get outta here, it's a damn alien!"

PICKY PICKY PICKY...sheesh......no matter what I do, it aint good enough for yall.....

and I could see them deer having that conversation......
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Great pics.  Not too shabby for such an evil guy.

Now that there is funny....
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:05:58 AM EDT
[#14]
1Shott - if you find a human footprint 2 feet in length, let me know.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#15]
With big cats around, I hope you are carrying more than a bow for protection.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
With big cats around, I hope you are carrying more than a bow for protection.

All I had was my bow, but next time, my .45 will be with me, I had no idea that cat was in there. Dang glad it did not find me.....
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
1Shott - if you find a human footprint 2 feet in length, let me know.

I am looking, would really like to find one to.....
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#18]
BTT for the evening crew,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top