Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 11:56:43 PM EDT
Given you could have a bike from one or the other, which would you choose? WCC or OCC?

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Going with WCC based on pure talent..
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Well if I wanted a theme bike and had the $100,000.00+ to spend it on, I would choose OCC to build a Shark Bike or an F-15E Strike Eagle bike.  The detail OCC brings out is incredible, but there are a lot of other chopper builders that have been around for a lot longer.  I love watching American Chopper, but I think the Discovery Channel chose the Teutul family for the drama they bring to the screen over their business reputation.

Edited for typographical errors.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:24:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well if I wanted a theme bike and had the $100,000.00+ to spend it on, I would choose OCC to build a Shark Bike or an F-15E Strike Eagle bike.  The detail OCC brings out is incredible, but there are a lot of other chopper builders that have been around for a lot longer.  I love watching American Chopper, but I think the Discovery Channel chose the Teutul family for the drama they bring to the screen over their business reputation.

Edited for typographical errors.

That could very well be. Drama sells.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:49:01 AM EDT
[#4]
OCC, so that it would arrive before I die of old age.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:52:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll take a stock Harley, do as much of the work as I can, and have a local Indy do what I can't. Neither WCC nor OCC needs my money, the local guy does.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:01:30 AM EDT
[#6]

I thought this thread was about headstamps
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I really like Jesse's handiwork, so WCC for me. A lot less out-sourcing means more in-shop talent.

Don't remember the source, but a WCC employee said OCC bikes were the equivelent (sp) of "cake decorating."

I'm inclined to agree, but Juinor turns out a few good designs, like the Spiderman bike.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:13:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I chose neither.....and I'll raise you something neither OCC or WCC can't touch.

CONFEDERATE MOTORCYCLES LINK (The Hellcat)

"The Hellcat rides as plush as a Cadillac, yet it can carve up a road like no other big twin you've ever ridden."  -Hot Rod Bikes

"Bumps in corners - even a 90-mph sweeper - don't upset the chassis, and the feel is of easy control and solidity. You can tell that bike is light and its chassis as strong as the Merrimac's steel armor."  -Big Twin

"Such a substantial frame would probably only show signs of flexing if it were wedged between a pair of Sherman tanks."  -Motorcycle Cruiser

"The Lamborghini of Motorcycles."
 -Cycle World

" The most romantic and idealistic brand in the motorcycling universe."   -Cycle World

" If looks could kill, we'd have to notify your next of kin."   -Motorcyclist January 2003

" Confederate's G2 Hellcat looks fit for the Devil himself, but ride one and your reaction is: 'Gawd.' "  -Two Wheels Only

"The blunt, muscular Hellcat stacks up to clone cruisers like Mike Tyson vs. the Partridge Family."
 -Motorcyclist

" The definition of non-conformity, refined vision... unique, advanced yet defiant."
 -duPont Registry

" An exquisite motorcycle revered in the motorcycle industry as a beautifully crafted, stunningly designed high-performance bike. Shrinking violets need not apply."  -Unlimited

" The Hellcat's appearence is more akin to a piece of art than a means of transportation. The G2 features a compact but fluid design that flaunts the motorcycle's finely sculpted parts."
 -Robb Report, Best of the Best
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Of the two, WCC, but there's a lot of other builders that I'd go to before Jesse.  I do however think that Jesse is the most talented bike builder alive right now.  He has the most complete set of skills, and keeps improving them (like the copper bike).  Mike Martin of Martin Brothers is another one that can do almost everything from A to Z, but unfortunately his bikes are god-aweful ugly.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:07:02 AM EDT
[#10]
WCC for the worksmanship. I like Billy Lane's bikes the best stylistically.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:25:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Neither
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I thought this thread was about headstamps

+1
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I chose neither.....and I'll raise you something neither OCC or WCC can touch.

www.confederate.com/con_web/home/machine/image_doc/image01/image01big.jpg
"The Hellcat rides as plush as a Cadillac, yet it can carve up a road like no other big twin you've ever ridden."  -Hot Rod Bikes

It sure do look purty, but when I went to their "store" page, all they were sellin' wuz tee-shirts.

How much is one of these suckers?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Neither

I'd have to agree. Give me a classic Goldwing any day.

Reckon I'm just not the Chopper type.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#15]
neither
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Neither. Roll your own.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#17]
WCC out of the two of them... Jesse is a custom bike builder, OCC is a custom bike assembler in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#18]
WTF is this thread about?  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:25:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Out of those two, WCC. However, I'd prefer to get a Ducati and do the tuning myself.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:34:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Out of those two, WCC. However, I'd prefer to get a Ducati and do the tuning myself.

www.13choppers.com/13.html

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.13choppers.com/13.html

www.cycleworld.com/cmt_images/xtra_words_largeimage1_13_74768821.495.jpg

Oh, come on. Can you honestly tell me that the chopper looks better than this:

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#22]
wcc if i had to choose between occ and wcc...

but amen, matt hotch, billy lane, and martin bros all make awesome stuff too...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#23]
... Neither!

... Mine is on her way home

... BBC
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Build your own, invest the rest.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
WCC out of the two of them... Jesse is a custom bike builder, OCC is a custom bike assembler in my opinion.

Good luck having Jesse build anything these days, (i.e. he's a "star" now), and as for OCC, WE call 'em, O(ver) the C(ounter) C(hoppers).

AB
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sure do look purty, but when I went to their "store" page, all they were sellin' wuz tee-shirts.

I believe in the ballpark of 60-65 grand.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Check out  "The Horse" its a chopper magazine.  Real choppers, not these trailer queen fag bikes that are the in thing right now.  The magazine has some awsome builders featured every month.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Neither.  Give me a bike built by Indian Larry any day over either WCC or OCC's catalog-built bikes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Out of the 'famous' custom bike builders I think I like Paul Yaffe the best.  www.paulyaffeoriginals.com/
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Neither.  Give me a bike built by Indian Larry any day over either WCC or OCC's catalog-built bikes.

You know he's dead, right?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you insane?  it's not even close to that much.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you insane?  it's not even close to that much.

Actually, the 2003 Hellcat went for about $53,000. The price has gone up in 2004.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know he's dead, right?

Shit....  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd have to look at Exile Choppers, I think they'd suite me the best

Combine this

with

and I think I'd be in custom bike heaven!

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I'd have to look at Exile Choppers, I think they'd suite me the best

Combine this
www.exilecycles.com/img/2a.jpg
with
www.exilecycles.com/images/fat_bloke_left_front600.jpg

and I think I'd be in custom bike heaven!

Exile has been one of my favorite builders for years.  Russell isn't much of a craftsman per se, but his bikes are kick ass.  I'm hoping to do a Sporty chop in the same vein eventually.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top