Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 8:01:07 PM EDT
www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/pennpermit7.html
'
That you have to be licensed for a specific gun?

CRC

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#1]
each gun must be registered to the permit, and each additional one costs more money.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]
but you do not have to get the "permit" in your county of residence.....there is one sheriff in particular that will give them away with ease...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#4]
To think that George S. Patton, Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon all came from Kalifornia! I'm glad they aren't here to see it now.

BTW...I'm a native Californian
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]
no it does not cost more to put additional firearms on your permit. Ive got all 4 of my pistols on mine. Just walk in the firearm and they re-print a new permit. And regardless of what people say there is CA CCW, just dont like in the big cities
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
but you do not have to get the "permit" in your county of residence.....there is one sheriff in particular that will give them away with ease...

Where is that? I thought you need to have residence in the county in order to get CCW...

Quoted:
no it does not cost more to put additional firearms on your permit. Ive got all 4 of my pistols on mine. Just walk in the firearm and they re-print a new permit. And regardless of what people say there is CA CCW, just dont like in the big cities

I guess it depends on the county you register in. I've seen some vary from no cost to add additional guns, to others that require a psych evaluation, training courses, and additional registration fees per firearm.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]
It is not hard to get outside of a major city and you can have up to three blasters on your permit.

Good through out the state, too.

eta: the above is for SB county.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

From what I understand, when you get away from the big cities the permits are easier to get. Sheiriff Mike Corona, will issue CCWs but you have give him a good excuse. I undertand it is not that hard to get a CCW in San Bernardino(this is a very sparsely populated county, one of the largest in terms of area in the USA).
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I understand, when you get away from the big cities the permits are easier to get. Sheiriff Mike Corona, will issue CCWs but you have give him a good excuse. I undertand it is not that hard to get a CCW in San Bernardino(this is a very sparsely populated county, one of the largest in terms of area in the USA).

Only if you reside where the SO has jurisdiction.

If the city has an city police force like San Berdoo, Redlands, Colton, Rialto, Fonatana you have to get permission from them first even though you still reside in the county. If you live within city limits of those above mentioned you can forget a ccw unless you have a business.

I live in a town where the sheriffs dept calls the shots on CCW. Most, if not all, of the hi desert is under SBSO jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
each gun must be registered to the permit, and each additional one costs more money.

Same as NY , $3 for every one you add .
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm my Chief is the former CLEO for Simi Valley City and former Assistant Chief for Ventura PD..

maybe I have a chance..?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:18:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah San Bernardino County is larger in area than the 5 smallest states, and larger than the 3 smallest put together.

I think the law calls for no more than 3 but if the local issuer wants to put more on, he can and he probably can caharge an amount to pay for the paperwork time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:37:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Two is typical in my county.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#15]
there is 3 spots on mine, but they just flipped it over and typed my fourth on the back. Looks kinda fake but not much I can do. Dont want to argue how it looks as long as I have one
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
To think that George S. Patton, Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon all came from Kalifornia! I'm glad they aren't here to see it now. hr

Ronald Reagan killed open carry in California.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top