Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/15/2004 4:20:41 PM EDT

Or will this drag on for days or weeks before a winner is decided?

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]
i say it will be a big victory for bush, and will be followed by lawsuits for voter fraud
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I think GW will win by a large margin. It is looking like he will take Jersey even.

You should add a poll.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been wondering about this, too... I am guessing the Dems won't go quietly if it is close.  I expect lots of lawsuits challenging the results if Bush wins.  

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm guessing that any state vote that falls within 1% of win/loss will be challenged by whatever side that is losing.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard on the radio this morning that the DNC lawyers are preparing court challenges in every state where the vote is within 5%. One legal analyst is projecting a repeat of Florida in 17 states!

Now consider the following:

- Dems have been registering ineligible voters all across the country
- Dems polling observers have been trained to label requests for a voter ID card or other ID as voter intimidation
- John Kerry's campaign put out a memo instructing Democratic polling observers to make
"pre-emptive" strikes with the help of NAACP officials by claiming voter intimidation even if no voter intimidation occurs (because it is certain that the Republicans will attempt to use voter intimidation to keep minorities from voting)

There is no way this will be settled on 11/3! This may come to violence before all is said and done!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm guessing that any state vote that falls within 1% of win/loss will be challenged by whatever side that is losing.

the DNC has already said that any state within 5% will be getting a court challenge! One legal analyst that I heard on the radio was project 17 Floridas this year!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Fox news reported that in Florida, they pulled 30 new voter registrations and investigated them. Out of the 30, only a few were legit. Most were names with residences listed as office buildings.
It is going to be 2000 all over again.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

There is no way this will be settled on 11/3! This may come to violence before all is said and done!

It may end up with some riots I think.  
I expect its going to be bad.

Expect CNN and other left wing news to decalre Kerry winning probaly by 8AM on election day, regardless of what happens.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
can't discount the likelihood of Democrats crying foul EVEN IF it doesn't effect the outcome.  They are already geared up to do so and hell can't stop them, ....GOD neither.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I believe these legal challenges and digust over the registration fraud is EXACTLY what the Marxist Fifth Column wants in this country - to undermine the number one basic tenet of our governmental system... the electoral process.

This is no accident, it is not even their main intention to use these "disenfranchisment" protests and court challenges to simply gain power, but to actually destroy our entire electoral system.

If they can poison that like they corrupted and poisoned the education system, justice system and the free press in America - they will have a literal coup de'tate on the American way of life.

Exactly what was described in Sousken's "Naked Communist" from 1958.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#14]
[tongue in cheek]Yes, because I'm personally going to start shooting anyone who contests the election, regardless of who the winner is.[/tongue in cheek]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#15]
My son and I were discussing this very issue tonight.  We both agree that unless Bush wins big (Given that Kerry has no chance of winning big.) and that if there are any "close" races that might be contested by the Democrats, they WILL fight, cheat, steal, claw, squawk, yell, and sue to contest every single "questionable" county in the entire country.

It is disgusting..but they have already thrown down the gauntlet.  Their lawyer teams are gearing up.  They are prepping up their briefs,they are assembling the teams of thugs, marchers and activists.  You can count on crazy lefty loonies at all of the strategic venues ready to make a scene for their willing accomplices in the media to help them try to prove that the Republicans are going to try and "steal" the election again.

I not only find this disgusting...but I actually FEAR this superheated, polarized political and social atmosphere we are now in because of the sore loser attitude of the Left.  I have friends who won't speak to me at all if we even so much as speak one word of a political nature.  I have asked them why and they admit...Florida 2000.

We are, I fear headed for a violent confrontation...or possibly a schism the likes we have not seen since the Civil War.

I'm an old man.  I've been voting since the election of 1968, when the Left began their takeover of the Democratic Party.  They completed that takeover in 1972 and were in power until 1994.  This loss of power in DC has hurt them terribly...they have yet to fully recover.  In 2000, they thought they had it...but it slipped away.  I have NEVER seen anything like this election.  I thought the 2000 election was poisonous but this one is shaping up to be even worse.

The Democrats will do ANYTHING to win.  They will fix elections by ballot stuffing, dead people voting, disenfranchizing military voters, multiple votings by people as they run them around in DNC/union thug vans, voter intimidation, and courtroom hijinks.  NOTHING is out of bounds...as indicated by their most recent "talking points" that were just exposed.  Plus...if I were the Secret Service, I'd be especially vigilant.  Remember, a "true believer" from the Left will kill to settle things if "required".  That is what Lenin taught and that is who they follow.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Lots of protests, I doubt any real violence though.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I believe these legal challenges and digust over the registration fraud is EXACTLY what the Marxist Fifth Column wants in this country - to undermine the number one basic tenet of our governmental system... the electoral process.

This is no accident, it is not even their main intention to use these "disenfranchisment" protests and court challenges to simply gain power, but to actually destroy our entire electoral system.

If they can poison that like they corrupted and poisoned the education system, justice system and the free press in America - they will have a literal coup de'tate on the American way of life.

Exactly what was described in Sousken's "Naked Communist" from 1958.

I agree completely!

What you must remember when you hear phrases like "counting every vote" and "disenfranchisement" is that during the 2000 election the Democrats were ignoring the law. Make no mistake, Al Gore's court battle was a battle to weaken the electoral system in this country in the forum of a national election.

The democrats cried "disenfranchisement" when convicted felons and unregisterd voters were banned from polling places. The democrats demanded that "every vote be counted", even though the method of counting that they demanded violated the standards put in place by the legislature of Florida. The democrats demanded that the rules be changed, even though the law in Florida clearly said that no election law changes within 30 days of an election would take effect until after the election was over. George W. Bush's fight in Florida was not only a fight to gain the White House, it was a battle to preserve the rule of law in this country and maintain the integrity of our electoral process.

I fear that the attack of the left will be much more ravenous this time around.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I pray there is none...but there are a lot of angry Democrats out there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Unfortunately, no. Back to the courts once again......  (it's the wave of the future)
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's keep in mind the fact that the left has a rabid hatred for conservatives and President Bush. That hatred has only gotten worse over the past 4 years.

Now, look at the actions that the AFl-CIO is taking, storming into Bush/Cheney offices around the coutry and vandalizing the offices. Consider the fact that people are afraid to put a Bush bumper sticker on their car, for fear that their car will be keyed or worse. Then think about the despondency and betrayal that libs will feel WHEN they lose. Think about the anger and frustration that these psychopaths will be feeling when they realize that the courty has been ripped from their grasp once again, and there is nothing they can do about it.

do you honestly believe that they will not resort to violence once they learn that there won't be any free health care that John Kerry promised? When they realize that we are not going to hand our sovergeinty over to the UN, do you think that they will remain peaceful?

Absolutely not!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's keep in mind the fact that the left has a rabid hatred for conservatives and President Bush. That hatred has only gotten worse over the past 4 years.

Now, look at the actions that the AFl-CIO is taking, storming into Bush/Cheney offices around the coutry and vandalizing the offices. Consider the fact that people are afraid to put a Bush bumper sticker on their car, for fear that their car will be keyed or worse. Then think about the despondency and betrayal that libs will feel WHEN they lose. Think about the anger and frustration that these psychopaths will be feeling when they realize that the courty has been ripped from their grasp once again, and there is nothing they can do about it.

do you honestly believe that they will not resort to violence once they learn that there won't be any free health care that John Kerry promised? When they realize that we are not going to hand our sovergeinty over to the UN, do you think that they will remain peaceful?

Absolutely not!

Well if they do, I have a nice lousville slugger with a W sticker on it
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Bush by a LARGE margin.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Bush will be the clear winner, but they'll still say he sheated or intimidated black voters or some such BS.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I believe Bush will get at least 300 electoral votes...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I believe Bush will get at least 300 electoral votes...

I hope and pray that Bush will get at least 300 EVs, but I fear he may not.
I don't know what to believe.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#26]
The UN will be watching so we should have NO Problems with any irregularities...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't know. I have a feeling that the victory will be strong enough to prevent Democrat's objections, but there's just no telling. I'm concerned about '08 too when we'll probably be running against Hitlery.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#28]
A significant # of people in the office are taking 3 November off because of the number of 'disenfranchised voters' that live within 2 blocks of the building. I've changed the route that I take to/from the office to avoid that area. Have setup my trunk guns and am looking at enhancing them prior to the election by DX'ing the M44 for a SAR3/WASR/Mini14. Others are doing the same.

I'm not going to be Reginald Denny the Second. We can reenact Rorke's Drift of 23 January, 1879 if required.

wganz

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I guess it's to much to ask for : Everyone Vote , count votes , tally results . Hmmmm
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Kerry lawyered up months ago for this .
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
A significant # of people in the office are taking 3 November off because of the number of 'disenfranchised voters' that live within 2 blocks of the building. I've changed the route that I take to/from the office to avoid that area. Have setup my trunk guns and am looking at enhancing them prior to the election by DX'ing the M44 for a SAR3/WASR/Mini14. Others are doing the same.

I'm not going to be Reginald Denny the Second. We can reenact Rorke's Drift of 23 January, 1879 if required.

wganz

That is just sad...you are all afraid to go to work for fear of being attacked.

Look at what the Left has done to my country...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I think a clear winner won't be announced until that Thursday or maybe even Friday.  GO BUSH!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Bush will have his race in the bag by 9:30 or 10 o'clock, everything outstanding after that will just be the house and senate races.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Or will this drag on for days or weeks before a winner is decided?

Mac,
Heck it will be declared by 6PM on Tuesday!

Of course it will be re-declared about 8PM!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I would love for Bush to win by greater than a 10% margin-

Have sKerry et al challenge, and have it get thrown out, on the basis that >10%+ isn;t worth a recount.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#36]
It's going to be a bushitler nightmare
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#37]
we should all get out and talk to people about voting for Bush, get them to the poles and vote to keep this country a Republic. And even say a prayer for a devine intervention. I talked with the girl that cuts my hair about Nov. 2nd and she said she wasn't registered but that her husband was and how she isn't involved in politics but how she doesn't trust skerry by just what she has heard. I hope alot of people  that are "not involved" in politics have the same feeling
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Either way, there's gonna be a fight...

They're already planning to do stuff at the polls to intimidate people....

If GWB wins, it's on... Rioting, fighting, violence....TS will have HTF

If Kerry wins, the dems will celebrate and you know how they celebrate don't you? Just look at L.A. after the Lakers won....

I don't think it'll be just the libs that'll fight..If Kerry wins, I'm sure plenty of Bush supporters might have a say in the matter and they might not handle it like most reasonable people would..

I'm taking my stickers off my truck and the signs out of my front yard a week proir to the election..
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
we should all get out and talk to people about voting for Bush, get them to the poles and vote to keep this country a Republic. And even say a prayer for a devine intervention. I talked with the girl that cuts my hair about Nov. 2nd and she said she wasn't registered but that her husband was and how she isn't involved in politics but how she doesn't trust skerry by just what she has heard. I hope alot of people  that are "not involved" in politics have the same feeling

FWIW, my wife is one of the most apolitical people I know. She despises politicians and wants nothing to do with them period. This year she took it upon herself to register to vote so she could vote for Dubya.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I have a real bad feeling Kerry will be worse than Gore at loosing
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Oh yeah? Like what? How are they going to know who I'm voting for?

Remember, folks....   the law says you can't carry a gun into a polling place on election day. However, it doesn't say anything about ASP batons, pepper spray, brass knuckles, or switchblades.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#42]
All indicators point to Bush  winning with between 295 and 305 EVs...

Considering 269 is all he needs to win (since that would throw it to the House, which is GOP controlled), that is a 'comfortable' margin...

If there are lawsuits, expect the Dems to chant 'Count Every Vote', and the GOP to reply 'Cheater, Cheater!!!'

The ened solution is paperless secure electronic voting...

No fraud possible

Audit trail by ID # for each vote

No paper = no recounts, no chance to switch votes...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Knowing this crowd, I'm probably preaching to the choir - but here I go anyway...

Any who are concerned about voter fraud, tampering, challenges, etc. and have not volunteered their services on election day (unavoidable work obligations, etc. allowing, of course) as a poll worker or poll watcher locally should be ashamed of themselves IMHO.

(Yes, I am taking personal leave time and will be at the polls all day on election day.)
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah? Like what? How are they going to know who I'm voting for?

Remember, folks....   the law says you can't carry a gun into a polling place on election day. However, it doesn't say anything about ASP batons, pepper spray, brass knuckles, or switchblades.  

rockymountainnews.com/drmn/election/article/0,1299,DRMN_36_3256347,00.html

Read all about it.... Not that it'll work mind you
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#45]
It's going to be a close vote.

The Dem's think Bush robbed them last time . This time I fear it will be worse .
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
This may come to violence before all is said and done!

I hope you're right.     *CLICK-CLACK*  

Quoted:
Remember, folks....   the law says you can't carry a gun into a polling place on election day. However, it doesn't say anything about...brass knuckles, or switchblades.  

Alas, Texas law does -- in general - not just polling places.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Kerry adopts new battle cry: LAWYERS...UP!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:38:26 AM EDT
[#48]
It will be challenged in court.

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:41:36 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Brass nucks, and switchblades are generally illegal anywhere, anytime.

Now, a roll of quarters, or a tactical folder...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:53:41 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I have been wondering about this, too... I am guessing the Dems won't go quietly if it is close.  I expect lots of lawsuits challenging the results if Bush wins.  

The dim-o-craps are already stoking their war chest to pay for bogus legal actions challenging the outcome if W wins.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top