Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 4:06:57 PM EDT
anyone else that wrote to the University get a reply?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
No, but they are getting swamped with mail and phone calls.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your e-mail regarding Dr. John Leaños’ recent public display of anti-war posters featuring Cpl. Pat Tillman.  In response, I am compelled to state unequivocally that I personally found Dr. Leaños’ decision to use Pat’s likeness and fictional first-person narrative as the vehicle for his message to be offensive and insensitive to the Tillman family.  Furthermore, I wish to clarify that the ASU administration had no prior knowledge that the posters in question were going to be created or displayed.  In keeping with our university’s longstanding tradition of academic freedom and integrity, a comprehensive administrative review of this matter has already been initiated.    

As always, ASU continues to be enormously proud of its affiliation with Pat Tillman.  Pat’s spirit, talent and noble sacrifice represent the very best of ASU and we were fortunate to count him among our Sun Devil family.  Since his untimely passing, ASU has hosted a memorial service in Pat’s honor, joined with the Arizona Cardinals to create the Pat Tillman Memorial Scholarship in the W.P. Carey School of Business, and will soon retire Pat’s jersey (#42) at the ASU/Washington State football game on November 13, 2004.  ASU representatives have also agreed to serve in an advisory capacity to the Pat Tillman Foundation.  As ideas are considered regarding the establishment of a permanent memorial, you can be certain that ASU’s respectful acknowledgement of his memory will continue for many years to come.

Once again, I very much appreciate your direct communication on this issue and your continued allegiance to Pat’s legacy.

Michael M. Crow

President

Michael M. Crow

President

Arizona State University

Box 872203

Tempe, AZ  85287-2203

480-965-8972

[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I got basically the same form response
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#4]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#5]
At least you got a reply. I guess I might not have replied to my email either..It was....a tad harsh. Maybe.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one too. Same exact thing
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I've received the same automated response. I hope that string that mother fucker up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Same form reply.

CW
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I got it also
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#10]
at least it is cool that they do note the issue and respond...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:25:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Academic Freedom  - Aren't those the code words for "he's tenured and the Academic Senate would be a real pain if we did anything so we aren't going to do anything about it.???

My wifes college did something for Abu Mumia Jamal (?) lets just say that for two years we kept telling them to cram it when they asked for money.  they finally came up with a BS statement on how the students did it and the Administration had no control.  So our answer was you guys clearly fucked up their education if they thought that was appropriate.  NO MONEY
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:34:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I wrote directly to the asshole who made the posters. No reply. I'm not surprised. He's just like millions of other coward leftists who conduct "hit and run" media attacks and then run and hide behind the 1st Amendment.

Fucking cowards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top