Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 2:28:39 PM EDT
I was considering getting one and had a few questions:

1) Is it reliable in function (jamming, etc.)?

2) Is it sturdy enough to withstand moderate abuse?

3) What is the accuracy like?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I've got one. It's fairly accurate. No tack driver but acceptable for a plinker. Digests MOST ammunition. I had one malfunction shooting South African surplus. Failure to extract. Ripped the rim off, cartidge stuck in the chamber, had to use a rod  from the muzzle to get it out. No other problems. No problems with any mags, takes all mil spec AR mags. Front sight is not too bad. It would be better with an AR type sight or a red dot. Bipod kinda' sucks.  Very unstable, have to reset after a round or two. They make a 16 inch barrel version now. And improved sights too.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, I've got one. It's fairly accurate. No tack driver but acceptable for a plinker. Digests MOST ammunition. I had one malfunction shooting South African surplus. Failure to extract. Ripped the rim off, cartidge stuck in the chamber, had to use a rod  from the muzzle to get it out. No other problems. No problems with any mags, takes all mil spec AR mags. Front sight is not too bad. It would be better with an AR type sight or a red dot. Bipod kinda' sucks.  Very unstable, have to reset after a round or two. They make a 16 inch barrel version now. And improved sights too.

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't sound too bad. It's light as hell, that's for sure!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I just realized that you are in a free state.

Get an AR.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, if you live in a non AWB state, just get an AR.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Very cool rifle. I like the way it folds in half. Good shooter too.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I like Keltec but that rifle is a POS
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Get an AR.

Does your recommendation also apply for a SHTF trunk gun to be carried in a manner that wouldn't attract too much attention?

I ask because that's the purpose I've been eyeing one of these...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get an AR.

Does your recommendation also apply for a SHTF trunk gun to be carried in a manner that wouldn't attract too much attention?

once you see it you wont say that
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get an AR.

Well, okay, the SU16 would be a really good beater. And because it folds it is easily concealable (as far as rifles go).  I think that a collapsible stocked 16"barrelled AR in a really good discreet case wouldn't draw too much attention. But I don't think that I would use an AR as a trunk gun. My ar's are precious jewels to be pampered and preserved. I love my rifles.... I just figured that the AR platform is way more flexible. If you could only have one rifle in 5.56, the AR is my choice. If it works for you....

GET BOTH!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was considering getting one and had a few questions:

1) Is it reliable in function (jamming, etc.)?I've had quite a few FTEsThis will be sent to the factory to be fix(since its free.)

2) Is it sturdy enough to withstand moderate abuse?YES

3) What is the accuracy like?

Good out to 196 yardsI  dont have an MOA or group size but I was able to hit what I was aiming at.

I is a trunk gun after all.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Get an AR.

Got that AR-thing covered already (WELL covered)! Like Zaphod says, I basically intend to use this as a "truck gun" behind the seat. I was thinking about leaving it folded and putting it in some kind of flatter tupperware box and toss in a few desicant packets occasionally. It gets pretty humid during Tennessee summers! I just can't bring myself to do that to my AR's (or AK's or M1A's, etc.).      
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top