Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/15/2004 2:04:46 PM EDT
Yup, I am going to hell....YA OK, whatever...

I was on break at work, Ya I got a break today.....

Now I got no problems so to speak with people that go to church, and believe in god, if that is what you enjoy, then by all means have at it....

BUT there are a couple guys at the plant who brag about going to church, thats all they talk about, one of them dads is a retired preacher, and I am constantly being told that.....

In the past these two guys have made statements, in my preseance, about trying to see if they can make a certian person mad, try to ruin that mans day, not a good thing to do in my book...

Today,
I was having a conversation with another co-worker, when one of these asshats sit down, he then proceeds to tell me that I am going to hell, I am the devil, and that I am cursed, and that he is a better person than me becouse he goes to church....

He then tells me that hunting and owning guns does not make a man...

I looked at him and said ole boy, going to church does not make you a christian either, and that I beleive the devil, or something along those lines, is alive and well at most churches, and to stay out of this conversation, as I was not talking to you.....

He just sat there, mumbling to himself, I then said hey bud, tell you what, I will go outside and pick up a rock, and bring back in here, and set it on this table..
 Now if you are as perfect and without blemish as you say, pick it up and throw it at me.

He just gave me a deer in the headlight look, got up and walked off, mumbling to himself..

I believe that guy needs some counsling or medication........

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Any time people get involved in religion, the whole damn thing gets screwed up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#2]
In one of the gospels, Jesus specifically call people who ADVERTISE their religion in public "hypocrites"

Next time these guys parade their chritianity before you, and brag about how rightrous they are, you could always point that out.

Sorry I don't know it off the top of my head, and I'm too lazy to look it up - but I figure someone here will know it off the top of their head.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I should be the manager on duty in hell when you arrive. Look me up and I'll get you a room with a nice view.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
at least it is warm in hell

any who, just ignore those types....that is what I do
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In one of the gospels, Jesus specifically call people who ADVERTISE their religion in public "hypocrites"

Next time these guys parade their chritianity before you, and brag about how rightrous they are, you could always point that out.

Sorry I don't know it off the top of my head, and I'm too lazy to look it up - but I figure someone here will know it off the top of their head.

Matthew 23:2-8 "Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, [that] observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay [them] on men's shoulders; but they [themselves] will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, [even] Christ; and all ye are brethren."

I know this because I read the bible and I won't be going to hell with all of you sinners!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Matthew 23:2-8 "Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, [that] observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay [them] on men's shoulders; but they [themselves] will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, [even] Christ; and all ye are brethren."

I know this because I read the bible and I won't be going to hell with all of you sinners!

You know, I'm not sure that's the one I was thinking of.  let me go grab my book and make sure.

ETA: Found it!   It is Matthew (so we're basically talking about the same thing - thanks motown_steve), but a little earlier:

Matthew 6:1 - "Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by them; for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven"

That one seem to pretty much nail it, and this other one echoes the thought.

Matthew 6:5 - "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men"
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I once got in a fight with a guy that was dressed as Jesus - he had a cross and was covered in fake blood.  I was drunk (my bachelor party) and had just gone outside to avoid vomiting on the bar. As I stood there I looked down the street and saw a very bloody Jesus-imposter and a bunch of his followers coming at me....

So I asked if I could get a picture with Jesus (ok not that nice of me) but they then all started going off on me how I was evil blah blah blah - never mind that I've saved the lives of about 5 strangers and that I also put murderers behind jail....but because I got drunk and used foul language I was the devil himself. I told them that they had no right to judge and that they were in fact the ones that would go to hell....well that didn't go over well...

So finally, a guy tries to smooth things out and he asked me if I was prepared to accept Jesus...I said "Fuck an A right I am...." and it all went down hill from there...I was dragged back into the bar before any real blood was spilled.

Now what I did was wrong - but it is my opinion that they were just as wrong because they are not God and I do not answer to them.

That said...I got my picture with him....I still have it - it makes me giggle
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]
i usually like to ask if they'll be a member of God's jury on judgement day- good for more than one blank look.  (I'm Christian and adhere to it pretty rigidly- but some denominations which shall remain nameless that like to go door-to-door tend to be a bit judgemental.)
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#9]

I'll have the ready when you make it!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Now I got no problems so to speak with people that go to church, and believe in god, if that is what you enjoy, then by all means have at it....

BUT there are a couple guys at the plant who brag about going to church, thats all they talk about, one of them dads is a retired preacher, and I am constantly being told that.....

In the past these two guys have made statements, in my preseance, about trying to see if they can make a certian person mad, try to ruin that mans day, not a good thing to do in my book...

Today,
I was having a conversation with another co-worker, when one of these asshats sit down, he then proceeds to tell me that I am going to hell, I am the devil, and that I am cursed, and that he is a better person than me becouse he goes to church....

I looked at him and said ole boy, going to church does not make you a christian either, and that I beleive the devil, or something along those lines, is alive and well at most churches, and to stay out of this conversation, as I was not talking to you.....

He just sat there, mumbling to himself, I then said hey bud, tell you what, I will go outside and pick up a rock, and bring back in here, and set it on this table..
 Now if you are as perfect and without blemish as you say, pick it up and throw it at me.

He just gave me a deer in the headlight look, got up and walked off, mumbling to himself..

If Christ is not your Lord and Savior, you are indeed heading to hell.

But no moreso than I was, or than anyone else on this planet.

Christ does not save those that are "worthy" (because there aren't any) but those who are unworthy like myself. I may not be able to claim the title of "Chief of Sinners", but I am certainly in the upper echelons of wickedness but for my Lord.

There is a right way and a wrong way to witness to people. They chose the wrong way.

Your responses to them, oddly enough, were PERFECTLY Biblical. I cannot approach a man and tell them that I am any better than they are. I am LITERALLY an example of God's grace. But for the grace of God, I would be one of the worst men on the planet. But for the grace of God, I would end up in a devil's hell, fully deserving everything I got.

I cannot look down on any man, because I was as much a sinner as ANY MAN ON THIS EARTH. If Christ had not lifted me out, I would be an EVEN WORSE sinner this very day. The glory for my transformation and salvation belongs to Him who is Faithful and True, not me.

Christ's blood did not purchase my entrance into a holiness club where we sit together and mock those who can't get in. Christ died and took MY judgement and bore my sentence of death, that I might have a relationship with the father.

All my life He has chased me and sought me, and one day I surrendered. And now after having been saved and seeing how much He has loved me, I know how much He loves EVERY PERSON ON EARTH. I know that just as He looked on me with a broken heart, desiring to save me, so too He looks on EVERY OTHER PERSON ON EARTH. He longs for them. He loves them. He weeps for them.

How, then, can I look down on what He loves? How can I esteem myself better than others when I am only made better by His grace?

Sin is indeed bondage and those that work sin are blind. But seeing this does not make me better than them, for I was once the chief of blind men, and a great worker of iniquity. If God had not saved me, I would have sunk deeper into the morass that is sin.

I look upon the lost men of earth and my heart breaks. I see in them what I once was, and I see in God a heart that longs to pull them out just as He did for me. I hate the bondage that sin brings, but I care for those who are bound by it. Having once been trapped by the chains of evil once, I know the great sadness of it, and I long to see every man woman and child freed from the curse of sin and death. This is the heart of Christ: To hate the wickedness and bondage of sin, but to love the victims of this bondage so much that you would die to free them.

Those who do not have this heart are NOT faithful witnesses of Christ.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Today,

Not a true Christian AT ALL. It shocks me to hear about crap like this. Jesus never taught anything like that neither did he brag (in fact he tought that pride can be dangerous) or ridicule people. I hate to say it but if he believes that he is going to heaven with an attitude like that then he is sorely mistaken.

For your sake I hope you do come to know God, but I would NEVER berate and annoy you about it. People like that who's daddy was a preacher or some such have a bad habit of thinking they are better than everyone else. they have been saved longer right? Was it not Jesus that said those who are last will be first and those who are first will be last? meaning that if you love the lord with all of your heart that you will serve others and love them with the love of Christ?

Tell them that THEY too are wicked. They are supposed to be Christians. They are supposed to be compassionate towards the lost, instead of antagonizing them. They are no better than you or anyone else in the eyes of God. God is no respecter of persons but he hates sin. And unless they get their act together then you wont be the only one going to hell.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#12]

You're evil and you're going to hell!

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that I'd be filthy stinking rich.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#13]
There is such a thing as religious pride:

" 9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, "God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.' 13And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, "God, be merciful to me a sinner!' 14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Luke 18

Religious pride is the WORST incarnation of pride, because it ALLOWS people to think they have a relationship with God and are thus perfect and without blemish. Religion becomes a way for them to ENHANCE THEIR OWN IMAGE OF THEMSELVES, AND NOT TO FALL UPON THE MERCY OF GOD AS THE SINNER THAT THEY ARE.

Standing before the righteousness of God should be an HUMBLING experience. It does NOT make me think I am any better than any other man. I know that of all people who have ever lived, nobody needed a Savior worse than me. But for Christ, I am doomed.

If I stand, I stand because He holds me up. If I live it is because He gives me life. If I am righteous it is because HIS righteousness is being worked through me. I have absolutely ZERO credit for my salvation. He made me, He protected me, He redeemed me, He drew me, He blessed me, and He renews His mercy to me every day.

The glory is His, not mine.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i usually like to ask if they'll be a member of God's jury on judgement day- good for more than one blank look.  (I'm Christian and adhere to it pretty rigidly- but some denominations which shall remain nameless that like to go door-to-door tend to be a bit judgemental.)

That's quite funny...

Imagine God, Creator of heaven and earth, God who holds all Wisdom and Power, God who knows the thoughts and intents of men's hearts, turning to a group of fallen men and asking THEM to judge men's eternal destiny.

I think not.

God needs no jury. God IS The Judge of judges, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. He needs no man's opinion.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Christians believe all non christians are going to hell.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Christians believe all non christians are going to hell.

I also believe that a good many people who call themselves "christians" are going to hell.

Those that are not submitted to the Lordship of Christ, that are not conformed to His righteousness are not going to see God. The Bible says that without Holiness (the charachter of God) no man shall see the Lord.

Jesus is the only way to this, for He said "I am the way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the father except by Me..." He also says that MANY in that day will come to Him and assert their religious qualifications, but that He will say "Depart, you workers of iniquity, into everlasting fire prepared for Satan and his angels!"

The person living for themselves and disobeying the voice of God while singing "Amazing Grace" in church is just as doomed as the terrorist cutting off people's heads in Iraq.

It is a sobering truth to realize that you can ride a church pew straight to hell.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#17]

This sin of presumption will keep people like that out of heaven.  More room for the rest of us.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't feel bad, I hear it from members here almost daily.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Some your replies are very funny, thanks, made my day...

For the record, I have read the bible, I spent 7 years with my nose buried in that book, along with a concordance, and other books, researching the meaning of some verses, back to hebrew and greek, so I could try to understand what the auther was really saying, I believe that some of the true meaning has been lost in the translation to english, and differant denominations...

this was from the age of 25 to 32

I have my own conclusion about god, and keep it to myself, I do my best not to tell others how to live their lives, and dont like people telling me how to live mine....

I am going back in on Monday, and will give each of these guys a rock, hand it to them and walk away, I believe that will make my statement for me.

Edit for spelling, so now I am going to hell, and cant spell.......
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#20]
You are going to hell because you keep posting pictures about the new C&R rifle you just got, that I don't have yet. So then I have to go spend more money on something cool and it's all your fault
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You are going to hell because you keep posting pictures about the new C&R rifle you just got, that I don't have yet. So then I have to go spend more money on something cool and it's all your fault

That would actually qualify as coveting, and would send YOU to hell....

Just thought you should know....

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh great now we have the denomination of the C&R holders and the Covetors.....we are in deep............
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh great now we have the denomination of the C&R holders and the Covetors.....we are in deep............

I definately qualify as one of the covetors:

LORD! Have mercy on me, a sinner! For I have lust in my heart for all the deadly little toys that all these other no good suckers have lying around their house! Oh that thou wouldst give me more guns, and more ammo, and yea enough money to go to Blackwater a billion more times....
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

That is what is wrong , in the opinion, of all these extremist that go around blowing themselves up and other people because they don't believe in what they believe.  To me ,religion is what is wrong with this world.  Don't get me wrong.  I grew up going to church and Sunday school,    but being so fanatical that everyone else whom doesn't think like I do is going to HELL and might as well die!!!!
That is religion gone amuk!!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#25]
When my sister was in college, just over 20yrs ago, she had a roommate that was the same type.

She and her boyfriend were convinced, and repeatedly told sis, that I was going to hell. Because I listened to loud Rock and Roll. They irritated me some, but when I would run into them they wouldn't confront, or convert, me. So I never bothered them about it.

Funny thing was, the next year they had to drop out of college because she was pregnant. And no, they weren't married yet. Surely that must have been a ticket to hell.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Today,

It's because you live in Norman, home of the Sooners.  Every OU fan sold thier soul and is going to hell!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is what is wrong , in the opinion, of all these extremist that go around blowing themselves up and other people because they don't believe in what they believe.  To me ,religion is what is wrong with this world.  Don't get me wrong.  I grew up going to church and Sunday school,    but being so fanatical that everyone else whom doesn't think like I do is going to HELL and might as well die!!!!
That is religion gone amuk!!!!

Everyone who is without Christ IS going to hell.

But I certainly don't want them to. And I certainly don't think they should die. And I sure as heck don't think that God appointed me to be judge, jury and executioner on His behalf.

"Fanatics" often are nothing more than people who use religion to justify and legitimize their own sinful agenda. These types do the same with the concepts of "freedom" and "egalitarianism" and "the common good" yet nobody believes freedom to be an evil of its own.

Blame those who violate the central tennents of the faith they are proclaiming when they try to use their faith as a justification for the evil in their hearts. Do not blame faith in general.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
When my sister was in college, just over 20yrs ago, she had a roommate that was the same type.

She and her boyfriend were convinced, and repeatedly told sis, that I was going to hell. Because I listened to loud Rock and Roll. They irritated me some, but when I would run into them they wouldn't confront, or convert, me. So I never bothered them about it.

Funny thing was, the next year they had to drop out of college because she was pregnant. And no, they weren't married yet. Surely that must have been a ticket to hell.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

When I tell people about the reality of hell, I do so desperately wanting them to choose Christ. Some talk about hell like they want the person they are "witnessing" to to go there. It is sad when I can hear those who are lost say that if heaven is filled with such hateful people, then they want no part of it. Often I agree.

Hell is real. Those who are without Christ are destined for that place. But I say that with a broken heart and a prayer for God's mercy. I don't say it in joy. I say it with the hope that God will save every last person on earth.

Those who take joy in seeing other people doomed will usually end up trapped in the very same sin they mocked. I have seen it too many times to discount. God casts down the proud, but gives more grace to the humble.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Seems to me that no one really knows what hell is like....you need to preface your position by emphasizing that it is your FAITH that drives your position. Nobody will believe you if you just say trust me I know the reality of hell when in fact you'd need to be dead to know....you need to show them some respect and explain your position better...IMHO

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Seems to me that no one really knows what hell is like....you need to preface your position by emphasizing that it is your FAITH that drives your position. Nobody will believe you if you just say trust me I know....you need to show them some respect and explain your position better...IMHO

True, I have never been to hell. But I do know what the Bible says about it:

"the corpses of the men
       Who have transgressed against Me.
       For their worm does not die,
       And their fire is not quenched.
       They shall be an abhorrence to all flesh."

Isaiah 66

If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched-- 44where

"Their worm does not die
       And the fire is not quenched.'[1]

45And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched--"

Mark 9

""Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
44"Then they also will answer Him,[4] saying, "Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?' 45Then He will answer them, saying, "Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Matthew 25

Given those descriptions (And they are but a handful. The Bible has much more to say about the reality of hell than even the reality of heaven...) I can understand that it is a terrible place of everlasting suffering. A place so horrific that God was willing to sacrifice Christ rather than just let men go there without a fight.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
My favorite retort to that kind of person is,

"Well, if heaven is full of (insert epithet of your choice here) like you,  then I don't want to go there anyway.   If I died and went someplace only to find that YOUR sorry ass was there, then I'd KNOW that I'd really gone to hell."

Not exactly productive,  but it sure smacks them down.

"Dear Lord, save me from your followers."

CJ

Sentiments I touched on in one of my posts. Do not confuse the Genuine Savior with those who use His name unworthily. The Genuine Jesus is indeed Holy and Just, but also loving beyond belief. Without love, as Paul wrote, one who claims Christ is nothing.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Today,

It's because you live in Norman, home of the Sooners.  Every OU fan sold thier soul and is going to hell!

I dont live in Norman, not even close........NEXT........
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#34]
It's warm, and you'll be with friends!  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Those who are quick to condemn and look down on others do not understand the meaning of grace, and the real meaning of John 3:16.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Hows that lump on your head doing?

I'm the guy from Norman!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:23:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Hows that lump on your head doing?

I'm the guy from Norman!!!

Bob

Oops, I knew one of you was from NNorman!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#38]
You know, if the bible is true, it can be mathematically proven that heaven is hotter than hell.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#39]
I got news for everbody.  You are all going to Hell.  Everyone except the Mormons.  They got it right.
I saw it on TV, it has to be true.

OK!  I saw it on South Park!  That doesn't matter, 'cause we are still going straight to Hell!

TO TAKE OVER!  BUA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Bilster
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#40]
People keep suggesting that I should go there, but I haven't made the trip yet.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Guys, this is the way it is.

I own Hell. My bosses gave it to me.

Now, when you get to the Pearly Gates, if you get that far, tell St. Peter that you're an ARFcom member. He'll send you straight to Hell. I'm saving all the toys and cooler rooms for my fellow ARFcommers. Raghead reactive targets and Tannerite for all! It's fun down here! just don't forget your sunblock!

Bub
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Later that day...

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#43]
"I don't care if I go to heaven or hell, I just don't wanna die here"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Religious extremists of any religious are intolerant.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Later that day...

Funny,  I am thinking about getting a rock from my yard, and bringing it to work on Monday, and set it in front of him, and walk away......

OOPS, guess I am evil, HUH......
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Wow, I was told today that I am going to hell, and am a very evil person.....  

You mean you're NOT ?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Sorry to inform you of this but we already have you on our list.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Seems to me that no one really knows what hell is like....you need to preface your position by emphasizing that it is your FAITH that drives your position. Nobody will believe you if you just say trust me I know....you need to show them some respect and explain your position better...IMHO

True, I have never been to hell. But I do know what the Bible says about it:

"the corpses of the men
       Who have transgressed against Me.
       For their worm does not die,
       And their fire is not quenched.
       They shall be an abhorrence to all flesh."

Isaiah 66

If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched-- 44where

"Their worm does not die
       And the fire is not quenched.'[1]

45And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched--"

Mark 9

""Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
44"Then they also will answer Him,[4] saying, "Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?' 45Then He will answer them, saying, "Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Matthew 25

Given those descriptions (And they are but a handful. The Bible has much more to say about the reality of hell than even the reality of heaven...) I can understand that it is a terrible place of everlasting suffering. A place so horrific that God was willing to sacrifice Christ rather than just let men go there without a fight.

Written by those who haven't been there either.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Some your replies are very funny, thanks, made my day...

For the record, I have read the bible, I spent 7 years with my nose buried in that book, along with a concordance, and other books, researching the meaning of some verses, back to hebrew and greek, so I could try to understand what the auther was really saying, I believe that some of the true meaning has been lost in the translation to english, and differant denominations...

Actually in Psalm 12:6 God promised to preserve His word. What we have now is what we are supposed to have (BTW the KJV 1611 is the seventh translation spoken of in vs 6) We do not have the original Hebrew and Greek on purpose. There is no benefit to trying to get the "original language". This approach is only beneficial to those who would profess to have a deeper understanding of the scripture than the common man, the exact opposite of God's intent. Trust what you have got. If God is not capable of preserving His word as He said, he is not worth wasting time over anyway. Planerench out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top