Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 12:14:56 PM EDT
My computer has the Bloodhound 6 virus.
My Norton can not delete or quarantine the file.
Can anybody tell me how to get rid of it or know of a web page that will help me get rid of this thing?
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

ARH

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-013.mspx

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#2]
bloodhound 6 is not a virus itself, it is how Norton Antivirus identifies files that exhibit virus like activity. This detection process is part of the heuristics NAV uses to detect viruses that are not listed in the antivirus definitions. I would make sure that you have up to date definitions, then run a scan. BTW, you should also have it set to clean files first, then delete them as quarantining files is a complete waste of time. Oh, and the heuristics should be set to default, as you may get false positives if it's set to high.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I also found this.

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/hoaxes/bloodhound.html

Bloodhound
Aliases
Bloodhound.AOLPWS, Bloodhound.MBR, Bloodhound.boot.string, Bloodhound Word macro virus, Bloodhound.NeuralMBR, Bloodhound.MacMacro, Bloodhound.packed
Type
Misunderstanding
Description

Bloodhound is not the name of a virus, but a message displayed by Symantec's Norton Anti-Virus when it thinks it may have found a new virus.

You may like to re-scan your system with Sophos Anti-Virus - if it is a virus that Sophos knows about it will tell you its correct name. If Sophos does not find a virus please send a sample to [email protected] so our experts can analyse the file. Our virus analysts will be able to ascertain quickly whether it is truly a new virus or a Norton Anti-Virus false alarm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top