Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 10:12:10 AM EDT
Brand new guy shows up on ARFCOM and tells about a gunshop that has Colt LE rifles for sale - in hand for immediate delivery.

The guy is brand new so no one knows him....  The dealer is not on ARFCOM so no one is familiar with dealer either.

The dealer's phone number is a cell phone so you cannot verify name or location of shop from phone number.

The dealer's FFL does check out as valid, though, and name and address matches.

Would you send the guy a money order for a rifle and take a chance on $1300 or spend $65 more for a credit card where you had some protection against fraud?

The guy is probably as good as gold.

But these days.....who knows?

So which way would you go?

Enjoy the joke and gimme some input!

A west Texas cowboy was herding his herd in a remote pasture when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced out of a dust cloud towards him. The driver,
a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and YSL tie,
leans out the window and asks the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows
and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"

The cowboy looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, Why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his AT&T cell phone, surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite navigation system to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo. The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany. Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with hundreds of complex formulas. He uploads all of this data via an email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response. Finally, he
prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer and finally turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says the
cowboy. He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on
amused as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car. Then the
cowboy says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your
business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why
not?"

"You're a consultant for the National Democratic Party." says the cowboy.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even
though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already
knew, to a question I never asked; and you don't know anything about my
business........

Now give me back my dog."

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I would not buy that rifle with either method. Here are my reasons.
$1300 is a lot of money to risk on such a purchase.
The dealer is unknown to you.
You have not inspected the rifle to ensure that it is as described. ( You could take this on faith IF the dealer had a solid reputation)
Assuming that a rifle was delivered to me, but it was not as described, the hassle of returning it  and getting my money back would not be worth it when there are reputable dealers/members with which to do business.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#2]
No on the rifle.

And the joke was posted yesterday.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top