Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 5:27:33 AM EDT
Whajja think?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:30:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont think he would be the best choice, mayber later but not 08
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Jeb would be a horible choice in 08.  What will happen is McCaine/Giuliani  will be on the ticket.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:43:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Hell No!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:46:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I think if President George W Bush is reelected and has a successful second term, you could easily see Jeb nominated in 08.  I don't think he'd win against Hilary though...too much baggage.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:46:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Jeb would be a horible choice in 08.  What will happen is McCaine/Giuliani  will be on the ticket.

McCain will be 72 in '08. Since he is not the Gipper, his odds of getting the nomination are about 0. Guiliani is far to liberal to win the Nomination.

The '08 Republican nominee will be a current or former Republican governor, but not Jeb. Americans have never had a strong taste for political dynasties, and three President Bushes in 20 years would never flie.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:47:11 AM EDT
[#6]
No, I think the public - and even many who WILL vote for GWB this time around will be turned off by the prospect of another Bush in the WH right after GWB.  Of course, it depends on Bush's approval rating at the end of his last term, if he wins this time around.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:50:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No, I think the public - and even many who WILL vote for GWB this time around will be turned off by the prospect of another Bush in the WH right after GWB.

+1
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:13:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted: Americans have never had a strong taste for political dynasties, and three President Bushes in 20 years would never flie.

Agreed but with a small qualifier....republicans have never had a strong taste for political dynasties.

Democrats would schedule national holiday and have a collective orgasm if a Kennedy ran for national election.

While Jeb would be a very able POTUS, I don't believe he'd be elected because of the reflexsive anti-dynasty vote.

Condy should be on the ticket for '08.

Hillary will be the democrat nominee along with what ever guy who is willing to be castrated as a running mate.....likely an Ohio democrat.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:13:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't think he'd win against Hilary though...too much baggage.

What, the Florida recount mess?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:17:27 AM EDT
[#10]
FRIST/COORS IN '08

That is all!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:19:13 AM EDT
[#11]
McCain...why would we want a Democrat? Can you say RINO.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:22:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
FRIST/COORS IN '08

That is all!

Ditto; at least the Frist part.  I don't know enough about Coors yet to comment intelligently on him.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:23:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't think he'd win against Hilary though...too much baggage.

What, the Florida recount mess?

Not just that. Jeb has been governor of FL for several years and had several minor problems that would be blown into major scandals by the media if he ran for president.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:24:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Frist / Rice - my best guess (well, my best hope).

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:28:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think if President George W Bush is reelected and has a successful second term, you could easily see Jeb nominated in 08.  I don't think he'd win against Hilary though...too much baggage.

Do not speak the H word in my presence please!!!!

If she get elected... good god I'm moving to Mexico. Better gun laws then Canada and I could live like a king down there on the green back.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:30:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Whajja think?

Rice 08

Jeb 16
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Which would be an even WORSE choice...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:39:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hillary will be the democrat nominee along with what ever guy who is willing to be castrated as a running mate.....likely an Ohio democrat.

Even our Republicans are Democats.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:53:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Assuming we have an election in '08.  Guys, if Bush gets re-elected, I expect the Dems to declare full-time political war.  This isn't going to be like RWR's second term.  Rather, I expect the hate and vitriole to get even worse.  The Dems will plunge this country into chaos and declare a constitutional crisis (which won't have anything to do with constitutional truths).

Even if W wins a convincing EC victory, the law suits, the cries of disenfranchisement, etc., will become rabid.  The likelihood of W getting any court nominees past the Senate will be nill.

Kerry would be worse.  Guys, I thing we are looking at dark days ahead for the Republic, regardless of who wins.

The Dems/Liberals/Poverty Pimps and their ilk will wreck this nation if that is what it takes for them to regain power.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top